Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

- castalla - 2012-02-27

Oh dear again!

Installed ... and it's showing an album I played last week - not what's playing now!

I deleted the addon data.

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-27

Deleted the add on data and re-configured it correctly?

If it's finding an 'old played' album it's probably connecting to a different player and you haven't put the Mac address in...

Just a general note - only delete the add on data if you're having problems you can't solve after real trying with the settings. But they haven't changed since 0.3 so it's highly unlikely you need to do this.

But in general it will just drop in over the old one and leave it all alone. I think you (uselessly) deleted your settings so instead of controlling your Touch is's back to controlling it's own local squeezeslave on the default Mac.

- castalla - 2012-02-27

Okay - got it working again (after another C app crash), and another total reinstall.

Panic over.

Notice how no one is having these issues but you Wink ? The C app crash is because the log file is open as either XBMC/Squeezeslave is still running for some reason.

Next time, do the update, touch nothing - no deleting!!, it will work. I test on 4 or 5 separate platforms, some of which use local players, others connect to real SBs, and they are all working fine. I also regularly switch one between internal playback and controlling a player...without issues.

- castalla - 2012-02-27

No need to rub it in! Smile

(You'd like to have it fool-proof, wouldn't you?!)

Cheers

ps: to do the update, I have to uninstall your repo and reinstall - is that correct?

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-28

Nope, just go to the repo, bring up the context menu, and choose 'force-refresh' - or wait a day or two and it will happen automatically - I am not sure how often the repos are checked for updates but probably every 6 hours or so. I am never that patient Wink

- castalla - 2012-02-28

Thanks for that!

Regards (& thanks for your patient efforts!)

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-28

<ok the forum is doing odd things>

- Bogi - 2012-02-29

Should this work with Eden RC1? I went through the setup instructions 3 times and I can't get it to work. When I try to run XSqueeze... XBMC gives me an error saying it can't find the server. But when I configure XSqueeze it is able to auto find the Squeeze server. I've also tried to manually enter in the server IP and still the same error.

I am able to successfully use other Squeeze clients (SqueezePlay and SoftSqueeze) from the same PC... What am I doing wrong? Do I need to install SqueezePlay seperately?

Windows 7 x86 / XBMC Eden RC1

Server is Running LogitechMediaServer-7.7.2-33866.exe

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-29

Hi Bogi

I tried in on RC1 Windows last night without issue, but that's not a huge amount of testing.

What do your logs say?

And what does this mean:
I am also able to use other XSqueeze servers from the same PC... What am I doing wrong? Do I need to install SqueezePlay seperately?

Xsqueeze is designed to run as a single add on inside one xbmc - I am not really sure what would happen if you try and somehow run multiple copies...

- Bogi - 2012-02-29

Okay, the problem may be because when I first ran XSqeeze I did not click the "OK" button when I received the "FIRST RUN" pop up message. I think I was running XBMC in non full screen mode (was multi tasking and doing other things on the PC) and when I got back to XBMC it would not let me scroll down to the area where the "OK" button was. I'm pretty sure I clicked the back button. The "FIRST RUN" message says NOT to do this... So how do I get XSqueeze to ask again? I uninstalled the addon but that didn't seem to help as my settings were still there and it didn't ask on the first run.

- Bogi - 2012-02-29

bossanova808,

You replied earlier than I thought. I edited my post to say Squeeze Client and not Squeeze server.

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-29

The first run thing you can hit ok/back on - it's onyl the settings bit you must hit 'ok' and not back or it won't save the settings - which may be your issue.

If you are running multiple slaves/clients, be very careful with MAC addresses as that s how LMS separates players. If you are using the same MAC with multiple players you will get issues.

And let me put it clearer:

LOGS!!!!!

Wink

- Bogi - 2012-02-29

Ok I deleted all the addon config files for XSqueeze in the Appdata/Roaming/XBMC folder and then re-installed. I am now able to connect to the Squeeze server but I only get a "Now Playing" window.

I configured XSqueeze to be a SqueezePlayer. Shouldn't I be able to browse my library? It seems like it is acting like a controller?

I just started with this so the server is setup with a really small library of like 10 songs. One server and one XBMC client.

Here's the XBMC debug log

http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=WaNCcME8

I started up XBMC and went to XSqueeze right away.