Kodi Community Forum
Volume control on ATV2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: Volume control on ATV2 (/showthread.php?tid=122338)

Pages: 1 2

Volume control on ATV2 - cgshaq - 2012-02-08

I just updated FireCore's Media Player on ATV2 and they've added volume control on ATV2.

So can I expect volume control in XBMC soon? Thanks.

I don't have a TV only a computer monitor, so the only solution for me now is use FireCore's Media Player or get up and change it manually.

- davilla - 2012-02-08

cgshaq Wrote:So can I expect volume control in XBMC soon?

No. FireCore's Media Player on ATV2 does not share the same source code base as xbmc. In addition, we have no info as to how they did this. Maybe you can ask and submit a patch.

- JREED - 2012-02-09

If you have ATV1 and installed XBMC Dharma or Eden then you can get volume control on XBMC by pressing top arrow and bottom arrow.

- Memphiz - 2012-02-09

JREED Wrote:If you have ATV1 and installed XBMC Dharma or Eden then you can get volume control on XBMC by pressing top arrow and bottom arrow.

ATV2 stated in topic.

Beside that volume control works for me for PCM streams (using XBMC Commander as remote app). What exactly does FC MediaPlayer control? On Bitstream there is no possibility to control volume i guess. So imho its already there in XBMC isn't it?

- cgshaq - 2012-02-10

davilla Wrote:No. FireCore's Media Player on ATV2 does not share the same source code base as xbmc. In addition, we have no info as to how they did this. Maybe you can ask and submit a patch.

I installed aTV Flash and saw XBMC in extras, I guess I thought there was some communications between xbmc and firecore. Smile

JREED Wrote:If you have ATV1 and installed XBMC Dharma or Eden then you can get volume control on XBMC by pressing top arrow and bottom arrow.

ATV1 is currently $419 used on amazon. Sad

Memphiz Wrote:ATV2 stated in topic.

Beside that volume control works for me for PCM streams (using XBMC Commander as remote app). What exactly does FC MediaPlayer control? On Bitstream there is no possibility to control volume i guess. So imho its already there in XBMC isn't it?

I got XBMC Commander for iPad and tried to change the volume but it didn't work.
My audio output is set to analog and I also tried the other two but same outcome.

Volume Amplification did have an affect on the audio but also distorts the audio a lot.

- Ned Scott - 2012-02-10

eBay for ATV1. They're currently going for about $60-70 for the 40GB. You just kind of have to wait and watch a bunch of listings, since some oddly spring up and sell for more than others. Just hold out for a few days and you'll get one for less than $70 easily.

- newatv2user - 2012-02-10

Ned Scott Wrote:eBay for ATV1. They're currently going for about $60-70 for the 40GB. You just kind of have to wait and watch a bunch of listings, since some oddly spring up and sell for more than others. Just hold out for a few days and you'll get one for less than $70 easily.

I've frequently seen them for $50 on craigslist in my area.

- Ned Scott - 2012-02-11

newatv2user Wrote:I've frequently seen them for $50 on craigslist in my area.

Yeah, same here. I even got a 160 GB model for $50 on craigslist once!

- leonard shelby - 2012-02-14

davilla Wrote:No. FireCore's Media Player on ATV2 does not share the same source code base as xbmc. In addition, we have no info as to how they did this. Maybe you can ask and submit a patch.

i've sent a request to the firecore support since it would be a feature that i'm interested about, too. this is the response i got:

Support, Feb 13 14:21 (MST):
Hi, thanks for your interest in FireCore.

I'm pretty sure XBMC already includes a volume control feature. If it's not working on the AppleTV it's probably best to have one of the XBMC devs shoot us an email.

-FireCore Support
http://support.firecore.com/

leonardshelby, Feb 08 15:27 (MST):
hello,

i'm using xbmc on atv2 and i'm controlling it via my android phone (i can't use firecore since the atv sits in a hushbox in another room..). so far, everything works fine except volume control. i've read in their forums that you know how to do it and i wonder if you would share that info with the devs there?

Sounds good to me. But i can't ask and submit a patch (i'm not a dev). Is there someone here who's interested in this and able to help?

- Ned Scott - 2012-02-14

The ability is coming, but we have to wait for Audio Engine. After XBMC v11 (Eden) final is released, Audio Engine will come to nightlies (no ETA on that).

- Memphiz - 2012-02-14

I will double check that it doesn't work - hopefully i remember it later today after work. I still have the feeling that this already works for me (using xbmc commander as remote app).

- menno - 2012-02-14

As I previously opend topics about this, I would be a big supporter of supporting this into the final release.
Volume control on atv2 is not possible, amplifying it is though.

I always understood the new audio engine would make this available, but if its a simple piece of code which could be implemented into the final release i would highly appreciate it.

- Memphiz - 2012-02-14

There is never a simple peace of code anywhere [tm]

- leonard shelby - 2012-02-14

Memphiz Wrote:I will double check that it doesn't work - hopefully i remember it later today after work. I still have the feeling that this already works for me (using xbmc commander as remote app).

i can only control the volume via airplay (using the volume sliders in itunes and ios). when i change the volume using the official android remote app, i can see a visual feedback of a working volume slider in xbmc, but the audio just stays at full volume.

lazy users like me would then set the amp to a level thats louder than average and thus they could spare an extra remote just for setting the volume on the amp.

- Memphiz - 2012-02-14

Lazy devs like me would just ignore this problem ... hahaaa Big Grin