Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Random and last items smartplaylist script for Skins - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Random and last items smartplaylist script for Skins (/showthread.php?tid=122448)

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - minimoe - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-10, 17:51)mikebzh44 Wrote: Fixed for TVShows playlist.

ΟΚ, it works. Thanks Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - Mudislander - 2013-01-10

@mikebzh44 Thanks hey!!, Off to work now but will test tomorrow. I'll make a plan to limit the skin widget to Albums not Music.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - paradix - 2013-01-20

I'm getting the same error from the _getEpisodes() method.
mikebzh44, I think the fix from your post the #357 also applies here.

The _item variable doesn't have the "id" set, and later json query in the _setEpisodeProperties() method throws an exception.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2013-01-21

New commit pushed on GITHUB :

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.randomandlastitems

Martijn, did you make to request to push it to official repo or did I ?

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - rodrigocoelho - 2013-01-23

Hi Mikebzh44, first I would like to thank you and congratulate for the script.

I would like to know if is possible to include Concerts and Music Videos Playlists on the Script features.

Thank you so much.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2013-01-23

Yes, I have to work on it for a long time Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - rodrigocoelho - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 09:42)mikebzh44 Wrote: Yes, I have to work on it for a long time Wink

Are them on your plans?

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2013-01-23

Yes. I have to include some concerts in my library and look how it could be manage by the script.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - User 34959 - 2013-02-05

Get the crystal balls ready, why is this not returning anything?

PHP Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=10,method=Last,playl​ist=$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMenu.1.Path)],unwatched=True,property=CustomWidget1Recent

PHP Code:
20:42:42 T:140735131361664   DEBUGExecuteXBMCAction Translating XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=10,method=Last,playl​ist=$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMenu.1.Path)],unwatched=True,property=CustomWidget1Recent)
20:42:42 T:140735131361664   DEBUGExecuteXBMCAction To XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=10,method=Last,playl​ist=special://profile/playlists/video/Animation.xsp,unwatched=True,property=CustomWidget1Recent) 

PHP Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.modified.CustomMenu.1.Path">special://profile/playlists/video/Animation.xsp</setting> 

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Animation</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">
        <value>Animation</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">year</order>
</smartplaylist> 

I'm trying to use it in a list container like this

PHP Code:
<label>$INFO[Window(home).Property(CustomWidget1Recent.1.Title)]</label>
<
label2></label2>
<
onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window(home).Property(CustomWidget1Recent.1.File)])</onclick>
<
icon>$INFO[Window(home).Property(CustomWidget1Recent.1.Art(poster))]</icon>
<
thumb>-</thumb>
<
visible>!IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(CustomWidget1Recent.1.Title))</visible

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2013-02-05

And your smart playlist is OK, you can browse movies in library ?

As I'm not a skinner, I will have to look in other skin how other skinners use the script.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - User 34959 - 2013-02-05

Yes it's ok, i've tried other smart playlists too.

I also tried

Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,type=Movie,limit=10,method=Last,playl​ist=$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMenu.1.Path)],unwatched=True,menu=Menu1)

but this seems to list all my movies in my library starting from the newest unwatched. It seems that specifying "type" overrides the playlist and it uses database directly?

If i remove menu=Menu1 and run the script like this

Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=10,method=Last,playl​ist=$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMenu.1.Path)],unwatched=True,menu=Menu1)

I get nothing at all.. I think i need a good nights sleep.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2013-02-06

This is how the script is called in Aeon Nox 4.0.9 :

Code:
RunScript(script.randomandlastitems, type=Movie, playlist=special://profile/playlists/video/Parents.xsp, method=Last, limit=10, unwatched=False, resume=False, property=SmartPlaylist1)

And how properties are used in skin :

Code:
<label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SmartPlaylist1.1.Title)]</label>

So everything look good compare to your first example : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448&pid=1325042#pid1325042

You can easily add some debug log by editing XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py file and add this line :

Code:
print ("##### Property ", _property, _value )

to _setProperty function :

before :

Code:
def _setProperty ( _property, _value ):
    global WINDOW
    # Set window Properties
    WINDOW.setProperty ( _property, _value )

Code:
def _setProperty ( _property, _value ):
    global WINDOW
    # Set window Properties
    WINDOW.setProperty ( _property, _value )
    print ("##### Property ", _property, _value )

So you will see in xbmc.log which properties are set :

09:07:53 T:556 NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist1.1.Title', u'The Hit Girls')

Hope it will be helpful Confused

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - User 34959 - 2013-02-06

I'm at work right now, different OS (Windows), different library (sqlite instead mysql), same problem.

Unfortunately pastebin is blocked, i will take a look at debugging later today at home but this is the only reference i'm seeing

Code:
10:30:16 T:3984   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=10,method=Last,playl​ist=$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMenu.1.Path)],unwatched=True,property=CustomWidget1Recent)
10:30:16 T:3984   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=10,method=Last,playl​ist=special://profile/playlists/video/testi.xsp,unwatched=True,property=CustomWidget1Recent)

10:32:52 T:6408   DEBUG: Random and Last items script: Loading PlaylistLast started at 2013-02-06 10:32:52 and take 0.003s

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - User 34959 - 2013-02-06

Now it gets weird, i copied the runscript action from Nox, changed the infolabel and the property and it worked. I copied the original script line back and now it works too. Huh

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - User 34959 - 2013-02-09

It seems to work fine for movies and tv shows (both tv show and episode type playlists).

Working on music right now and couple of questions:

- I can ran the script with unwatched=True,resume=False even though the music does not support these and i won't run into any problems? It seems to populate the properties just fine and i haven't seen any problems.

- What kind of music playlists are supported? Artist type playlists are not returning anything, this i believe is by design, correct? Album type smart playlists work, no problems there with the properties except that..

- It is not returning the type for an album type smart playlist. I use the type as a visibility condition for a group. When i remove the visibility condition it shows up just fine.

debug log

Contents of the playlist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="albums">
    <name>Metallica Albums</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="albumartist" operator="is">
        <value>Metallica</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>