Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] lightbox skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] lightbox skin (/showthread.php?tid=123302)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - tomsowerby - 2012-03-30

Just to voice the other side of the argument: I don't care about a colour picker.
The creator clearly has an eye for design, and what they've chosen so far looks really good.

Continue to great work, I can't wait to try it.
Don't get bogged down by all of the random little requests in the forums.

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - krish_2k4 - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 20:44)tomsowerby Wrote: Just to voice the other side of the argument: I don't care about a colour picker.
The creator clearly has an eye for design, and what they've chosen so far looks really good.

it is a WIP, making suggestions/ideas is surely what the OP wants?

The person you quoted suggested a way to expand on the colours by giving the user control. Great suggestions in my opinion but it is upto the skinner to implement it but nothing wrong in making requests/suggestions/ideas. It is what a forum is for.

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - reksveks - 2012-03-30

Love this topic not as much as the skin, it has gone into a pattern of people suggesting things and then people replying to say leave it to the designer.

I think suggestions are a good thing because it is still up to the skinner to implement it or not.

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - tree_jammer - 2012-03-30

Hey guys no need to argue! Im all up for suggestions and have already implemented some that people have made, and am adding more. But like was said I would like to control the look of the skin as it will only work well with certain colours so I guess the Colour picker is out of the question in this case. But I am giving quite an array of colour options.

(2012-03-29, 16:44)Raitei Wrote: I think only certain *work* with this theme, so a colour picker might not be the best idea for this theme. Up to the creator though...

^quoted for truth.

(2012-03-29, 16:37)fmronan Wrote: Why you don'y use the script color picker , like me in Glass?

Dude your glass skin is an exception because of the way its designed the colour picker worked excellent, who knows i may design a skin in the future with the colour picker in mind. I like the idea! Big Grin

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - Baswazz - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-30, 20:44)tomsowerby Wrote: Just to voice the other side of the argument: I don't care about a colour picker.

I totally agree!

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - nooryani84 - 2012-04-03

*anxiously awaits a beta*

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - d_hero - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 04:36)nooryani84 Wrote: *anxiously awaits a beta*

+1. cant wait to try this

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - AnthonyC - 2012-04-04

No beta or final release?

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - Turrican2 - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 14:10)AnthonyC Wrote: No beta or final release?

My god!

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - tree_jammer - 2012-04-04

beta will be available some time next week. Angel so keep your trousers on. lots of dialogs and bits and pieces to tidy up.

as for final release bwahahahhaha! good one Rofl

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - Martijn - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 16:02)tree_jammer Wrote: beta will be available some time next week. Angel so keep your trousers on. lots of dialogs and bits and pieces to tidy up.

as for final release bwahahahhaha! good one Rofl

Ofcourse first release will be for team members only Wink

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - jim0thy - 2012-04-04

Shaun Riley Wrote:As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... I don't know what he's talking about.

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - Chris! - 2012-04-04

You've got red on you Shaun.

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - testmetest - 2012-04-04

(2012-03-30, 23:06)tree_jammer Wrote: Im all up for suggestions and have already implemented some that people have made, and am adding more.
Great work so far Mr. Jammer, looks fantastic! If I could make a suggestion and I admit I don't know how difficult it would be to implement. It's regarding the "windmill effect" as someone called it. Is it possible to have slight delay and different speeds of animation to the individual tiles with an option to turn it on or off?

Such as:
Enable tile windmill [enable] [disable]

That way it closer mimics the Windows 8 tiles on the TV commercials and Windows phone tiles? Right now, everything is moving as 1 pane in sync with each other. The on/off would allow folks with slower computers to use the default animation with all the tiles moving in sync as one animation, while folks with better computers can have each tile with slightly varied timing/animation.

Thanks for the consideration!

RE: [WIP] lightbox skin - bytesauce - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 14:10)AnthonyC Wrote: No beta or final release?