Kodi Community Forum
Release Boxee Inspirat Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Boxee Inspirat Skin (/showthread.php?tid=124222)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - ginsengbomb - 2012-03-17

Hey Sranshaft-

New features/menus look awesome. Just a couple of quick questions/issues I'm having and can't crack:

1) New keyboard looks like this for me:

2) Was the "Now Playing" piece removed?

I think I read some issues Newbra was having on point 2 relating to navigation problems with RC2, unsure if that's related.

Awesome work both of you as always.

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Sranshaft - 2012-03-17

1. That's a strange issue with the keyboard. I haven't seen this at all. I'll see what I can find but everything works fine here on both my test computer and my main HTPC. Just in the off chance that it's something to do with language, are you using anything other than English?

2. Yes, the now playing was moved from the main screen to the Browse Menu (press m to access it) though it may only appear when playing music. It was a personal preference for if I'm playing a video, chances are I'll be watching it and not browsing through the menus so it didn't make any sense to have it showing. I'll add it back as a skin option though for those that find it necessary.

Regarding navigation issues, i haven't run across any problems with the RC2. Just some missing code to handle wrapping around in lists, etc. Easily fixed and all lists should wrap back now.

Edit: I spoke too soon about the keyboard issue. I just tested it again out curiosity and i get the same issue. I must have changed something in the code and didn't check it first. Will fix that tomorrow. thanks for the heads up.

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - tomcatsmalls - 2012-03-18

Sranshaft, thank you for your work on what seems to be my favorite skin for xbmc, i love the simplistic layout. Having pseudo tv intergrated into the skin is very nice, however the program guide doesnt show any information for shows, the menu is there with channel icons but no information. I cannot use my remote to browse the cast list from the movie info, i can with my mouse though not my keyboard. Lastly the same issue as above with the on screen keyboard.

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Sranshaft - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-18, 00:43)tomcatsmalls Wrote: Sranshaft, thank you for your work on what seems to be my favorite skin for xbmc, i love the simplistic layout. Having pseudo tv intergrated into the skin is very nice, however the program guide doesnt show any information for shows, the menu is there with channel icons but no information. I cannot use my remote to browse the cast list from the movie info, i can with my mouse though not my keyboard. Lastly the same issue as above with the on screen keyboard.

All of those issue - other than the PseudoTV issue - have been fixed in the new update.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/Boxee%20Inspirat/skin.boxee.inspirat.zip

Thank you this skin is coming together quite nicely. Am I the only one with the Issue with PseudoTv?

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - ginsengbomb - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-18, 03:50)tomcatsmalls Wrote: Thank you this skin is coming together quite nicely. Am I the only one with the Issue with PseudoTv?

No, I have it too.

I'll double-check later, but I believe dropping the Font.xml from newbra's version of the skin (see the OP, I think) addresses the PseudoTV issue. Won't have the Boxee look, mind you.

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - newbra - 2012-03-18

The font problem with addons is caused by my original bare font.xml. I added some default entries in a later download that fixed Navi-X, maybe those also take care of Pseudo-TV. Regardless, the font.xml should be re-checked by someone with expertise, I'm quite sure there are more default entries missing.

PS: Global Now playing as a skin option sounds fair to me. Should be able to use the "old" code in includes.xml, just adding a visible check. The reason it is needed for me, is that during video playback, it is easy to accidentally press the back button twice when wanting to bring up or hide the OSD. the second press obviously leaves fullscreen and then the user is stuck on the last navigation page without a obvious way back to fullscreen. Again, assuming a simple remote with no TAB.

Thanks, the font.xml fixed everything. I didnt even know navi-x had a font issue until i checked, and now its fixed. The skin wasnt working either for navi-x thats also fixed.

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - ginsengbomb - 2012-03-18

Sranshaft-

Wondering if this is possible. Can Trakt Utilities be called up by the media search/filters/viewtype menu to the left of the TV/Movies Library screens? That is, is it possible to switch between viewing my library and viewing Trakt's Trending TV/Movie sets via the media menu a la Boxee?

I don't even know what that menu is properly called Smile. The one that slides out when you scroll all the way to the left.

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Sranshaft - 2012-03-18

That's the Slide Menu for lack of a better name. I really don't think it's possible at the moment but I'll look into it. I believe the developer of Trakt Utilities wanted to add more options for skinners to utilize outside of the main addon. I can call up Trakt Utilities but can't directly jump to Trending Movies / Trending TV Shows lists. Maybe a quick question and a polite request will allow us to do that though I don't know. I asked a couple weeks ago about a bug where info wasn't updated when moving the selected item up / down. It would seem it's hardcoded to only take into account lists that are horizontal and not vertical. Haven't heard back and there hasn't been any activity from the addon author in a while so it's anyone's guess.

Like I said, it's not something that I think is possible now but would be something I'd like to add when / if it does become available. I'm also currently adding in support for the MovieSets addon and Actor Info addon. I'd also like to look into having a script that would allow jumping directly to a particular letter and a Recently Watched script similar to what is present in Boxee 1.5 but I'll have to look into Python for that - something I'm not particularly looking forward to.

I know a couple people have noticed PseudoTV isn't looking as Boxee-ish as they would have hoped. I'm in the process of skinning that at the moment and should be ready to test in the next day or two. There's one thing I need to discuss with Jason (the author of PseudoTV) before I can finalize things.

If anyone wants to help out, I would love if you guys could go through and leave a list of bugs / things that need to be addressed so I can start to fix them and tick off the list. I have a to-do list but there are always things that slip through the cracks. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Japaja - 2012-03-18

Love what you are doing here. This could become my new default skin. Smile

I went into the PseudoTV config the make an animation channel for the kids today, There seems to be a font issue there.

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - ginsengbomb - 2012-03-19

(2012-03-18, 21:07)tomcatsmalls Wrote: I went into the PseudoTV config the make an animation channel for the kids today, There seems to be a font issue there.

Yeah, newbra's font.xml fixes the EPG and channel info fonts but does not fix the config. I just switch into Confluence to configure PseudoTV and then pop back into Boxee when done. It's not something I do very frequently so it's no bother for me. Looks like sranshaft is going to try and skin Pseudo for the skin so I'm sure that'll get addressed.

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Sranshaft - 2012-03-20

New screenshots and update. Mostly boring dialogs and some bugfixes. Added skin setting to turn on / off Now Playing item. Clicking any button on the OSD will now close the OSD as well. Updated the music OSD to fit with the new video OSD.

Updated Music OSD

System Info

File Manager

Updated Context Menu

Grab it from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/Boxee%20Inspirat/skin.boxee.inspirat.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - ginsengbomb - 2012-03-20

First, you continue to be a golden god with these steady updates.

Just a couple quick glitchy things I've noticed on the new version:

1) I'm having the following bizarre glitch whenever I pop into PseudoTV:

It only hangs on the screen for the duration of the overlay that displays whenever I switch channels in PseudoTV.

2) Additionally, hitting 'm' in PseudoTV brings up both the Video OSD and your awesome Boxee-ish browser menu at the same time. During all other video playback, as far as I can tell, it performs the desired behavior of bringing up just the Video OSD.

3) Also, I noticed a bunch of new what-appear-to-be PseudoTV specific script xml files in the 720p folder, with exciting names like "EPG," etc. For whatever reason, for me they don't appear to be working. The EPG still appears as it used to (and the fonts don't pop in), and when I select "Open Channel Configuration" in the Configure Channels settings option within PseudoTV, no menu pops up. I have to hit escape to regain control of XBMC, which suggests that some menu is actually being spawned, I just can't actually see it.

Really hope you can keep up the fantastic work on this, it's coming together amazingly well and has been my default skin for some time now.