Kodi Community Forum
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only (/showthread.php?tid=124600)

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Dixon Butz - 2012-06-01

Any chance of multichannel DTS wave and FLAC merging soon?

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - DDDamian - 2012-06-01

@Dixon Butz - it's high on the list. We did ask DanielaE if she could help with this but I guess she's been busy. It's basically gnif and I working on this, and gnif has had to take some time away from it since the merge, so it's only me doing the support and the coding. Bug-fixes and support are the two priorities right now - with luck I can gt back to coding and features soon!

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Marco275 - 2012-06-01

(2012-06-01, 19:19)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-06-01, 19:07)Marco275 Wrote: Hi,
I think i have found an bug in the latest nightly build..
I found that when I start an episode from the DVD menu (DD2.0)
The episode starts with no sound, I first have to go to the speaker icon for sound options and change
from digital to HDMI, then I have sound again, even though I only have an optical connection to my receiver.
When I change back to optical I have sound again too.
So switching from DD2.0 to DD5.1 doesn't work without same manual help.
It's not an physical DVD but an image on my harddrive.

btw, if I select analog the picture is starting to stutter very much.

Log pls

Ehm.. I guess it is somewhere.. but I can't find a button to add a file. Big Grin

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Dixon Butz - 2012-06-01

(2012-06-01, 21:25)DDDamian Wrote: @Dixon Butz - it's high on the list. We did ask DanielaE if she could help with this but I guess she's been busy. It's basically gnif and I working on this, and gnif has had to take some time away from it since the merge, so it's only me doing the support and the coding. Bug-fixes and support are the two priorities right now - with luck I can gt back to coding and features soon!

Thx! No rush. Was hoping they didn't forget.

Passing Through HD Audio Through Video Card - seanfrisbey - 2012-06-02

I am currently using an nVidia video card that supports HD audio formats, but my Intel motherboard does not. It only supports DTS and AC3 formats. Is that going to be an issue because the motherboard handles the passthrough of the audio to the video card, or should it not be an issue because the video card handles it? I cannot get any audio with HD formats and the video slows to a crawl with the nightly of XBMC.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - DDDamian - 2012-06-02

@seanfrisby - you should be able to disable the on-board audio and use only the nVidia's.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Marco275 - 2012-06-02

(2012-06-01, 19:19)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-06-01, 19:07)Marco275 Wrote: Hi,
I think i have found an bug in the latest nightly build..
I found that when I start an episode from the DVD menu (DD2.0)
The episode starts with no sound, I first have to go to the speaker icon for sound options and change
from digital to HDMI, then I have sound again, even though I only have an optical connection to my receiver.
When I change back to optical I have sound again too.
So switching from DD2.0 to DD5.1 doesn't work without same manual help.
It's not an physical DVD but an image on my harddrive.

btw, if I select analog the picture is starting to stutter very much.

Log pls

Maybe i'm blind or stupid but how do I attach a logfile to my post?
I tried to paste it directly but then I get an to many words error.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Warstomper - 2012-06-02

Just put it on PasteBin.

http://pastebin.com/

After submitting the log, just use the URL that you are given to link to it Smile

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Phantom_Zone - 2012-06-02

Is there a list of reported bugs anywhere? I can consistently make the latest build crash doing any number of things but if they've already been reported and confirmed there no point in me duplicating them!

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - DDDamian - 2012-06-02

Phantom_Zone: I may alter one of the first two posts here as I would like to gather them in one spot for you guys too:

Fire away Smile

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - seanfrisbey - 2012-06-02

(2012-06-02, 01:40)DDDamian Wrote: @seanfrisby - you should be able to disable the on-board audio and use only the nVidia's.

I can't seem to be able to figure out why this doesn't work. Here are my specs:

TV
LG 55LW-5300-UC

RECEIVER
Yamaha RX-V571

COMPUTER
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Dual Core 2.66GHz
8 GB DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte P35-DS3L Motherboard
nVidia GeForce GT 520 1GB
Windows 8 Release Preview x64

I have verified that the video card supports HD audio (link 1). My TV only says that it has a Dolby Digital decoder (link 2), but DTS works fine as well. Link 3 is a screenshot of my audio output deviced in Windows. The top two are the HDMI and DVI audio outputs of the video card (respectively), the next one down is the analog audio for my motherboard, and the last one is the digital audio from my motherboard. As the screenshot shows, I am hooked up via HDMI. The HDMI runs from the video card to my receiver, then from the receiver to my TV.

My receiver recognizes DTS and Dolby Digital sources as expected. Also, with XBMC having DHT-HDMA and THD disabled, it passes the embedded DTS and AC3 tracks from the HD tracks, and my receiver recognizes it as so as well. With LPCM checked, it sends THD as LPCM, but continues to send the DTS portion of the DTS-HDMA track.

When enabling THD and DTS-HDMA in XBMC, however, video crawls and audio is absent, though the receiveer insists it is being given LPCM for THD, and DTS-HDMA crawls even worse, with the same issue of the receiver insisting it is getting LPCM with no sound output. I have tried disabling the motherboard's audio, and that has no impact. Any ideas?

Thanks a million. Also, is there a proper place I"m supposed to be posting for support for this? Or is this thread fine...

1. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-520/features
2. http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55LW5300-led-tv
3. http://postimage.org/image/gztkzuuvp/

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - macTh3Knif3 - 2012-06-03

Like everyone else here I just want to say great work on this ... I have a quick question w.r.t. LPCM decoding and dts-ma. Unfortunately I have an ION, I played around a little while back with LAV audio and arcsofts dtsdecoderdll.dll, and at the risk of getting banned, would it be possible to integrate this with AE and get dts-ma decoding working or should I just go out and buy a new pc :-)

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-06-04

(2012-06-03, 17:05)macTh3Knif3 Wrote: Like everyone else here I just want to say great work on this ... I have a quick question w.r.t. LPCM decoding and dts-ma. Unfortunately I have an ION, I played around a little while back with LAV audio and arcsofts dtsdecoderdll.dll, and at the risk of getting banned, would it be possible to integrate this with AE and get dts-ma decoding working or should I just go out and buy a new pc :-)

hah... Very interesting question.. Confused..

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - bigbwb - 2012-06-04

(2012-06-02, 20:08)seanfrisbey Wrote:
(2012-06-02, 01:40)DDDamian Wrote: @seanfrisby - you should be able to disable the on-board audio and use only the nVidia's.

I can't seem to be able to figure out why this doesn't work. Here are my specs:

TV
LG 55LW-5300-UC

RECEIVER
Yamaha RX-V571

COMPUTER
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Dual Core 2.66GHz
8 GB DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte P35-DS3L Motherboard
nVidia GeForce GT 520 1GB
Windows 8 Release Preview x64

I have verified that the video card supports HD audio (link 1). My TV only says that it has a Dolby Digital decoder (link 2), but DTS works fine as well. Link 3 is a screenshot of my audio output deviced in Windows. The top two are the HDMI and DVI audio outputs of the video card (respectively), the next one down is the analog audio for my motherboard, and the last one is the digital audio from my motherboard. As the screenshot shows, I am hooked up via HDMI. The HDMI runs from the video card to my receiver, then from the receiver to my TV.

My receiver recognizes DTS and Dolby Digital sources as expected. Also, with XBMC having DHT-HDMA and THD disabled, it passes the embedded DTS and AC3 tracks from the HD tracks, and my receiver recognizes it as so as well. With LPCM checked, it sends THD as LPCM, but continues to send the DTS portion of the DTS-HDMA track.

When enabling THD and DTS-HDMA in XBMC, however, video crawls and audio is absent, though the receiveer insists it is being given LPCM for THD, and DTS-HDMA crawls even worse, with the same issue of the receiver insisting it is getting LPCM with no sound output. I have tried disabling the motherboard's audio, and that has no impact. Any ideas?

Thanks a million. Also, is there a proper place I"m supposed to be posting for support for this? Or is this thread fine...

1. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-520/features
2. http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55LW5300-led-tv
3. http://postimage.org/image/gztkzuuvp/

I'm having almost the exact same issue on my XP PC with a nvidia gt430 card. I have the HDMI ran into my Yamaha rxv3000 that decodes all HD codecs and the video stutters with no sound at all? I have gone through all the correct settings in xbmc and have the nightly release from 5/31

Re: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - TRaSH - 2012-06-04

Did you check in windows audio settings.
If its set to 5.1 or do you only have the option for 2.0
Does it also show all supported audio modes.