Kodi Community Forum
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only (/showthread.php?tid=124600)

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - wiggo - 2012-06-11

Can no one help me then?

I'm desperate here as I want to use my amp to its full benefits.

Wiggo

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Revenge - 2012-06-11

Hello,
I have a question.

My sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Recon3d.
In XBMC i choose, Analog Sound, and 5.1 Channel.

If i watch a movie with DTS 5.1 Sound, what will XBMC do with it? It will decode it and send a normal 5.1 Sound to the Sound Card?

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - bossanova808 - 2012-06-12

Can someone plese confirm - when using WASAPI (as seems to be required for bitstreaming) - then the audio device is locked at all time, even when GUI sounds is set to no? This prevents, for example, an external audio player running on the same system.

Surely if GUI sounds is off, WASAPI exclusivity should only be for when actual playback is occuring and the audio device made non-exclusive at other times?

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 07:34)bossanova808 Wrote: WASAPI exclusivity should only be for when actual playback is occuring and the audio device made non-exclusive at other times?

you are right! but as long as XBMC is open you cant use the same audio device, does the same thing on my system but i dont use anything other than XBMC Smile you just have to close the XBMC before using other players.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-11, 12:45)wiggo Wrote: Can no one help me then?

Wiggo

did you use a PVR branch before? PVR addon might be creating a problem. if not clean install the latest nightly version from here! Link, by the way i dont think that is a full debug log..

[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - bossanova808 - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 12:26)Senthil Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 07:34)bossanova808 Wrote: WASAPI exclusivity should only be for when actual playback is occuring and the audio device made non-exclusive at other times?

you are right! but as long as XBMC is open you cant use the same audio device, does the same thing on my system but i dont use anything other than XBMC Smile you just have to close the XBMC before using other players.

Hmmm definitely not ideal. There are plenty of reasons people might want access to the audio device without quitting xbmc....

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - wiggo - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 12:37)Senthil Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 12:45)wiggo Wrote: Can no one help me then?

Wiggo

did you use a PVR branch before? PVR addon might be creating a problem. if not clean install the latest nightly version from here! Link, by the way i dont think that is a full debug log..

Hi

No I didn't use a PVR branch. But I did do a fresh install on the OS and then a clean install of the exe posted on the first page by the OP.

Will give the nightly a go and report back.

Thanks for your input.

Wiggo

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - wiggo - 2012-06-12

That worked perfectly.

Thanks again Senthil.

Wiggo

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-12, 17:56)wiggo Wrote: That worked perfectly.

Thanks again Senthil.

Wiggo

thats great!Smile
(2012-06-12, 14:52)bossanova808 Wrote:

Hmmm definitely not ideal. There are plenty of reasons people might want access to the audio device without quitting xbmc....

yes definitely not ideal, hopefully this will be fixed in the next release..

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - samuelyung - 2012-06-15

Does it implies that I cannot use external players in playercorefactory if I use WASAPI? I have lots of SACDs and DVDA isos and I need foobar2k to play them, as XBMC don't support them yet.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Silvaire - 2012-06-16

I can't for the life of me get this working, if anyone has any pointers feel free.

XBMC: Current nightly
Receiver: Denon 1712
CPU/Mobo: Sandybridge i3 on an H61 chipset

I have the Realtek disabled in Windows, the HDMI to the Denon set to 5.1, tests fine. I have 2 movies with DTS MA tracks. Whenever I try to play them it just stutters with no sound. I have tried playback and passthrough devices set to either WASAPI or Directsound. Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: I've noticed that DTS-MA is not listed as a supported format when I query the driver.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Nimo - 2012-06-17

i use hd2k too and get perfect hd-ma sound.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-16, 20:33)Silvaire Wrote: I can't for the life of me get this working, if anyone has any pointers feel free.

XBMC: Current nightly
Receiver: Denon 1712
CPU/Mobo: Sandybridge i3 on an H61 chipset

What is the main board model?
(2012-06-15, 05:19)samuelyung Wrote: Does it implies that I cannot use external players in playercorefactory if I use WASAPI? I have lots of SACDs and DVDA isos and I need foobar2k to play them, as XBMC don't support them yet.

you just have to test that out.. i'm using PDVD12 to play bluray discs and works fine, however my setup is slightly dodgy..Big Grin

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Silvaire - 2012-06-17

I'm using an Asus P8H61-M mobo.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Silvaire - 2012-06-17

I've tried everything I can with the Intel drivers, I cannot get them to say DTS-HD in the supported format section in Windows 7 64-bit.