Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-02-13

(2016-02-13, 19:08)1artner Wrote:
(2016-02-13, 18:59)pkscout Wrote: AS adds it's logging to the Kodi log. I looked through the log, I never see any music playing. AS is designed to download and show artwork when music is playing.

I have updated the log, after music was playing. Please check again. Same link.

I think you've got larger problems. I still see no indication that any music is ever being played, and I saw a bunch of texture file errors and a bunch of SQL errors that make it seem like you've got a problem at the OS level with file access.

I see just a few AS entries like this:
PHP Code:
14:20:10 T:1624241216  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshowscript version 1.8.7 started
:20:10 T:1624241216  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshowdebug logging set to true
:20:10 T:1624241216  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshowscript stopped 

So something in the skin triggers AS, but then it stops because there is no music playing.

At this point there's nothing I can do to help. You might try posting to the support thread for the skin you're using or take a look at some of those other errors in the log and see if you can figure out what's causing those.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - 1artner - 2016-02-13

(2016-02-13, 19:26)pkscout Wrote: I see just a few AS entries like this:
PHP Code:

So something in the skin triggers AS, but then it stops because there is no music playing.

At this point there's nothing I can do to help. You might try posting to the support thread for the skin you're using or take a look at some of those other errors in the log and see if you can figure out what's causing those.

That's very strange, as music IS actually playing, right at this moment.

Ok, thanks a lot for giving it a look, anyway. I'm starting to suspect this might be the consequence of trying to put everything back into place using the backup script, after os update. seems as if I have to do a vanilla installation/configuration in 6.0.1 of all the add-ons.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - yawningapples - 2016-02-19

(2016-02-13, 19:37)1artner Wrote:
(2016-02-13, 19:26)pkscout Wrote: I see just a few AS entries like this:
PHP Code:

That's very strange, as music IS actually playing, right at this moment.

Ok, thanks a lot for giving it a look, anyway. I'm starting to suspect this might be the consequence of trying to put everything back into place using the backup script, after os update. seems as if I have to do a vanilla installation/configuration in 6.0.1 of all the add-ons.

The same lines were in my log until I figured out. This maybe skin specific, btw, I'm using aeon nox: When you are listening to music in full screen click select so that the OSD menu pops up. Select the two gears in the rightmost of the menu and select Artist Slideshow as Background. I hope that helps.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - [email protected] - 2016-02-20

I love this add-on but after an openelec reinstall on my raspberry pie this add on does not work anymore! Im on Kodi 15.2 (Isengard).

Can someone please help how to get this addon working again? When i start the addon (in the programs section) nothing happens! No popup.. nada!

Please help.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2016-02-21

I've just updated to Jarvis on Openelec and Artist Slideshow is not working, installed from repo.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-02-21

Folks, please, please, please, please post debug logs if you have problems. Turn on the debug logging in AS and in Kodi and then duplicate your issue. I don't have Openelec, so there is zero I can do if all you post is that it doesn't work.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - 1artner - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-13, 14:44)1artner Wrote: http://1drv.ms/1PT5mIa

Hi! Once again uploaded a log, after vanilla install. Still no joy. I can see AS start, but no download, no pictures.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 19:35)1artner Wrote:
(2016-02-13, 14:44)1artner Wrote: http://1drv.ms/1PT5mIa

Hi! Once again uploaded a log, after vanilla install. Still no joy. I can see AS start, but no download, no pictures.

It doesn't look like you have debug logging turned on in Kodi. That log file only contains NOTICE and ERROR entries. I would expect to see some DEBUG and INFO entires if Kodi debug logging was turned on. You have to have debug logging turned on for BOTH Kodi AND Artist Slideshow to get anything helpful in the logs.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - sconly - 2016-02-24

Not sure if this is the relevant thread as this is a question for version 1.8.7

Anyway, here goes. Is it possible for the add-on to resize (larger) images so they fit on the screen?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - InTheWild - 2016-02-24

Hi there,

I just wanted to know if some (me, for example) changes an addon (Artist Slideshow), and thinks that these changes might be interesting for other peoples as well - what's the next step?

But most important: Great Addon, Thumbs up!

Greetings,
Wild

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-02-25

(2016-02-24, 17:51)sconly Wrote: Not sure if this is the relevant thread as this is a question for version 1.8.7

Anyway, here goes. Is it possible for the add-on to resize (larger) images so they fit on the screen?

Thanks

That's a skin decision. Basically AS tells the skin where the image files live, but the skin decides what to do with them.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-02-25

(2016-02-24, 21:39)InTheWild Wrote: Hi there,

I just wanted to know if some (me, for example) changes an addon (Artist Slideshow), and thinks that these changes might be interesting for other peoples as well - what's the next step?

But most important: Great Addon, Thumbs up!

Greetings,
Wild

You've got two choices. You could fork the addon and publish it with a different name, but then you'd have to maintain the entire addon and wouldn't get any updates I do in the future. The better option is to put in a pull request on GitHub. I'll review the changes and consider whether to include them in the next official release.

What changes have you made?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - InTheWild - 2016-02-25

Well, it's really cool when i'm playing songs from albums and the artist slides comes up. But when i added my movie- and game-soundtracks to the library, i felt it would be sometimes better to see pictures related to the movie (in my case) rather then about the artist. So i added an option to show album related arts, and even audiofile related arts. If neither album art nor file art exists, the artist art is shown like usual. All based on an independend directory structure. That's the short explanation.

This was'nt planned to go so far, i just wanted to get into addon programming for kodi, but - well, after the first steps...i couldn't hold back until it was done...

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - CaBrA - 2016-02-28

Question: Is there an addon just like this one, but instead of showing still images I´d like to have video fragments (without music) of the artist in background. Just to make the screen more dynamic.

Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - JPM39 - 2016-02-28

ArtistSlideshow issue.

Hi,

I'm running Kodi on 2 PC. The 1st one on a desktop PC under Win7. I use it for test purpose. The 2nd one, my HTPC, with Kodibuntu.
Aeon Nox 5 skin and the "Artist Slideshow" addon are on both machines.

I upgraded to Jarvis this WE.

After the upgrade "Artist Slideshow" works fine on the test device (Win 7).
On the Kodibuntu machine, it doesn't and I'm unable to find out why. I tried to compare the log files and saw that "Artist Slideshow" find the directory with the fanarts on both machines.
The difference seem to be that fanarts are not pushed/copied into the cache on the Kodibuntu machine (I could find lines with "caching file ..... " in the log of the Win7 machine but nothing similar in the log of the Kodibuntu machine.

Here is the log of the kodibuntu machine:

http://xbmclogs.com/pjjb7jm5y

Any help on this issue is welcome.

Thank you.