Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 13:47)onewaytrigger Wrote: When I thought everything was perfect...

I played a song with featured artist (namely: "Icona Pop - I Love It (feat. Charli XCX") and AS showed 1 Icona fanart and the rest Charli XCX.
The problem is that from now on every single song with "feat." on title the only fanarts that shows up are from Charli XCX!

Are you saying that even if the featured artist is NOT Charli XCX that you get that artist's artwork? If so I definitely want to see a debug log of that. I don't know of any way that should or could be happening and want to look into it.

Quote:I guess AS looks for it in the song title since I don't have any multi artist albums, for all my albums the Artist field is the same for Album Artist... There is any way of make AS to only look for Album Artist fanart?

Currently, no. AS by default shows artwork for the main artist and then other artists (either by Kodi telling it there are multiple artists or because of feat. in the song title). I can look into adding a preference that would turn this off.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - onewaytrigger - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-08, 23:58)pkscout Wrote: Are you saying that even if the featured artist is NOT Charli XCX that you get that artist's artwork? If so I definitely want to see a debug log of that. I don't know of any way that should or could be happening and want to look into it.
Yes. Here's the log http://pastebin.com/mimAa4Qu

I did some tests (on a clean Kodi except for your Confluence mod):
1 - Change AS settings: Set my local artist folder to my music folder, image priority to local first and turn off htbackdrops.
2 - Add a small music library (10 artists)

-Every song that doesn't have feat. artist works as intended.
-The ones that does but I don't have the feat. artist in my library works well too.
-When I play the first song with a feat. artist that I own in my library it works BUT it somehow stores those fanarts and every song with feat. artist that I own on library I play after will mix the fanart from the actual song with those from the first music!

Exemple:
First song - Kesha feat. Iggy Pop = Iggy and Kesha fanarts mixed
Second song - Iggy Azlea feat. Charli XCX = Azlea, Charli, Iggy and Kesha fanarts mixed
Third song - Daft Punk feat. Julian Casablancas = Daft Punk, Julian, Iggy and Kesha mixed

As I said, the problem seems to lies in the first song, no matter wich artists are involved, the result is the same, even if I close and open Kodi again. I tested several times with clean Kodi.

(2016-07-08, 23:58)pkscout Wrote: Currently, no. AS by default shows artwork for the main artist and then other artists (either by Kodi telling it there are multiple artists or because of feat. in the song title). I can look into adding a preference that would turn this off.

If you do that I would definitely go for it. Even if it worked as intende. I have 2 "The Rascals" on my library, if I had a song "feat. The Rascals" how could AS tell the right one to pick fanart from?
Other thing I noticed is the "ratio" of fanarts in songs with feat. arists I played is 90% for featured and 10% for main artist. Kesha has 10 and Iggy Pop has 8, but in that song AS picke 13 from Iggy and just 3 from Kesha (wich is the main Artist). Is it random?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - KevinSartori - 2016-07-09

Hello pkscout,

I've noticed for the past week or so that I'm receiving the "Artist Slideshow Error, Please Check Logs for Info" popup error when I try to use Artist Slideshow. To make sure it was nothing on my end, I did a clean re-installation of Artist Slideshow by removing the settings folder from the addon_data folder first. I enabled debug logging in Kodi and Artist Slideshow:

http://pastebin.com/3Ck4FtRz

I'm running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on Windows 8.1 x64 (Intel NUC). Today, I'm experimenting with adding MusicBrainz IDs to my music files. This error had been happening prior to this though.

Any ideas? Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-09, 21:28)KevinSartori Wrote: Hello pkscout,

I've noticed for the past week or so that I'm receiving the "Artist Slideshow Error, Please Check Logs for Info" popup error when I try to use Artist Slideshow. To make sure it was nothing on my end, I did a clean re-installation of Artist Slideshow by removing the settings folder from the addon_data folder first. I enabled debug logging in Kodi and Artist Slideshow:

http://pastebin.com/3Ck4FtRz

I'm running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on Windows 8.1 x64 (Intel NUC). Today, I'm experimenting with adding MusicBrainz IDs to my music files. This error had been happening prior to this though.

Any ideas? Thanks!

htbackdrops is currently offline, and it look like AS chokes on that. I'll go ahead and fix it, but in the short term is you disable htbackdrops I think that will take care of it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - KevinSartori - 2016-07-09

That did it! Thanks for the quick response!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-09, 18:30)onewaytrigger Wrote: Yes. Here's the log http://pastebin.com/mimAa4Qu

I did some tests (on a clean Kodi except for your Confluence mod):
1 - Change AS settings: Set my local artist folder to my music folder, image priority to local first and turn off htbackdrops.
2 - Add a small music library (10 artists)

-Every song that doesn't have feat. artist works as intended.
-The ones that does but I don't have the feat. artist in my library works well too.
-When I play the first song with a feat. artist that I own in my library it works BUT it somehow stores those fanarts and every song with feat. artist that I own on library I play after will mix the fanart from the actual song with those from the first music!

Exemple:
First song - Kesha feat. Iggy Pop = Iggy and Kesha fanarts mixed
Second song - Iggy Azlea feat. Charli XCX = Azlea, Charli, Iggy and Kesha fanarts mixed
Third song - Daft Punk feat. Julian Casablancas = Daft Punk, Julian, Iggy and Kesha mixed

Unfortunately the AS logging was disabled when you ran that. I have tried to duplicate this on my end, and when I have a featured artist is the title the first one works, then the next one with a featured artist does as well. It might be worth checking userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/merge to see what's in there. That's where images are put when there are multiple artists to be found. It almost sounds like that directory isn't getting cleaned out properly. Since it works for me here, if there are images in that directory when Kodi isn't playing any music, you might check to see if the permissions are set correctly so that Kodi can delete from there.

Quote:If you do that I would definitely go for it. Even if it worked as intende. I have 2 "The Rascals" on my library, if I had a song "feat. The Rascals" how could AS tell the right one to pick fanart from?

If both artists have exactly the same name, then AS will put images from both artists in the same directory. There's no way around that.

Quote:Other thing I noticed is the "ratio" of fanarts in songs with feat. arists I played is 90% for featured and 10% for main artist. Kesha has 10 and Iggy Pop has 8, but in that song AS picke 13 from Iggy and just 3 from Kesha (wich is the main Artist). Is it random?

It depends on the skin. AS just dumps all the images for the two artists in one directory. The skin actually decides how to display it.

New Beta Avaialble

A new beta is available from my beta repo.

v.2.0.1
- added option to turn off multiple artist images (in advanced settings)
- fixed crash if htbackdrops or last.fm are unresponsive

If you want to try this beta and haven't downloaded by beta repo before, you can get it here:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.beta.pkscout-1.1.0.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - onewaytrigger - 2016-07-10

(2016-07-09, 23:23)pkscout Wrote: Unfortunately the AS logging was disabled when you ran that. I have tried to duplicate this on my end, and when I have a featured artist is the title the first one works, then the next one with a featured artist does as well. It might be worth checking userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/merge to see what's in there. That's where images are put when there are multiple artists to be found. It almost sounds like that directory isn't getting cleaned out properly. Since it works for me here, if there are images in that directory when Kodi isn't playing any music, you might check to see if the permissions are set correctly so that Kodi can delete from there.

Here's the log with AS logging. http://pasted.co/2b31a179 (Sorry couldn't post on pastebin due to limitation)
I'm on Win 10, the Kodi is stored on default folder ("\UserName\AppData\Roaming") like many other aplications, should permissions be a problem? Some times Kodi delete the fanarts imediatly, sometimes them are not deleted but replaced when another multi artist song is played. In any case the odd mix of fanarts stills, but the wrong ones are not stored under "script.artistslideshow" folder.
I performed a search by picture on the whole Kodi folder (since is almost default) and and artist fanarts are stored on "userdata\Thumbnails", why AS is picking them from there?

I provided some screenshots:

(2016-07-09, 23:23)pkscout Wrote: It depends on the skin. AS just dumps all the images for the two artists in one directory. The skin actually decides how to display it.
Is there any limit to images dumped folder "merge"? I ask because as you can see on first screenshot. AS picked full 20 for Charli and none for Azlea.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-10

I'll be honest. At this point I'm not sure what's going on. From an AS perspective the log looks basically fine. The Kodi log has a bunch of these entries:

Code:
XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\

Which would tend to indicate some kind of permission problem on the local drive. Generally if your stuff is in the Windows Roaming directory, you should be fine, but it doesn't appear so in your case. At least that's my best guess.

As for the merge folder, it will merge all the images for all the artists currently playing. There is no limit. So if you're not getting all of each, that's pointing towards an OS problem as well.

I'm not sure what to suggest as a next step. The most radical thing to do would be to delete Kodi, backup and then delete Kodi's roaming folder, reinstall Kodi, and then reinstall the addons/skins you use from scratch and see what happens.

BTW, the new beta of AS will let you turn off the multiple artist part, so that will probably mask whatever other problem you're having, and that might be enough.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - onewaytrigger - 2016-07-10

(2016-07-10, 03:15)pkscout Wrote: I'll be honest. At this point I'm not sure what's going on. From an AS perspective the log looks basically fine. The Kodi log has a bunch of these entries:

Code:
XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\

Which would tend to indicate some kind of permission problem on the local drive. Generally if your stuff is in the Windows Roaming directory, you should be fine, but it doesn't appear so in your case. At least that's my best guess.

As for the merge folder, it will merge all the images for all the artists currently playing. There is no limit. So if you're not getting all of each, that's pointing towards an OS problem as well.

I'm not sure what to suggest as a next step. The most radical thing to do would be to delete Kodi, backup and then delete Kodi's roaming folder, reinstall Kodi, and then reinstall the addons/skins you use from scratch and see what happens.

BTW, the new beta of AS will let you turn off the multiple artist part, so that will probably mask whatever other problem you're having, and that might be enough.

I unninstaled Kodi (from control panel) and intalled Kodi 17 (on C:\User\UserName\Documents") deleted all Kodi folders from Roaming, but the issues persists. Tried the new beta AS but the "disable secondary and featured artist" makes no effect...
I think it could matter of writing permissions only for the fanarts that are not pulled, although if it were the case none should be pulled. It somehow keeps mixng wrongs fanarts from all artists and featured artists.

Do you know a way of change Kodi folder from Roaming to another one?

I tried everthing I could and the only silly workaround that really worked for me was edit the song titles, replacing space with invisible character (Song Title (feat.*Alt+255*Artist). Thank God I can do this with mass tag editor and easily undo in the future.

Anyway thanks a lot for all your help.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-11

(2016-07-10, 06:30)onewaytrigger Wrote: Tried the new beta AS but the "disable secondary and featured artist" makes no effect...

Beta 2 was just pushed to my beta repo. This one should actually disable multi artist display instead of just doing it in theory. Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Rudders - 2016-07-13

Hi,

Artist slideshow has been working fine, but after upgrading to v2, I get text notifications saying that its downloading images and then says no images found for artist. When I look in the downloaded image file folder there just empty directories.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on? I loved it when it was working and would really like to get it working again.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-13

(2016-07-13, 00:01)Rudders Wrote: Hi,

Artist slideshow has been working fine, but after upgrading to v2, I get text notifications saying that its downloading images and then says no images found for artist. When I look in the downloaded image file folder there just empty directories.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on? I loved it when it was working and would really like to get it working again.

Thanks

Debug log or I can't help (make sure debugging is on in Kodi *and* the AS addon).

Two things:

1- With 2.0 the decision was made (with input from some of the Kodi folks) that AS would no longer try and find a MusicBrainzID for an artist. AS was generating a huge amount of traffic and causing significant issues for the MusicBrainz folks. So if you have not added the MusicBrainz info to your music using something like MusicBrainz Picard (and updated your library), the only service you can use is htbackdrops (for images, for artist bio, you're limited to last.fm). Once you tag your music using MusicBrainz Picard, then AS can get the MusicBrainz ID from Kodi and start downloading stuff from fanart.tv and theaudiodb.

2- htbackdrops is currently offline (as has been for the last week or so). In fact, if you enable htbackdrops in 2.0, it will crash AS. So don't do that. The 2.0.1 beta is available from my beta repo (see a few posts up), and it fixes the crash. It obviously doesn't fix the issue that htbackdrops is offline. Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-14

Access to theaudiodb.com Ending for Pre-2.0 Installs

This is just a heads up that in the next couple of days anyone still running any version of Artist Slideshow previous to 2.0 will lose access to theaudiodb.com for images and artwork. It looks like at some point some other developer "borrowed" the AS API key (why, I don't know, basically anyone can request one), so with 2.0 I got a new key. The site admins at theaudiodb are going to disable the old key, so if you haven't upgraded to AS 2.x yet, please do so soon.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - onewaytrigger - 2016-07-14

Hi pksout,

I think I figured out why AS doesn't pulls all fanart for multi artist songs, it seems it's a matter of file naming.

Here's a example why none of main artist ws pulled:

AS first pulls all fanarts from featured artists and populate "merge" folder. It should pull fanarts for main artist but it could not because the file names are all the same (standard fanartXX.jpg). So if featured artist has more fanarts than main artist none will be pulled for the last.
It could be avoided if AS could rename the fanarts while copying them to "merge" folder. I'm not sure if it could be related with wrong fanarts issue I'm experiencing.

I just tried the last beta and still no luck with "disable feat. artist image" option.