Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - rew88 - 2016-07-25

(2016-07-25, 03:04)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 01:27)rew88 Wrote: So I assume this still does not work for streaming music as I cannot get it to download
fanart unless I am doing something wrong ?

In theory it should, but I use no streaming services so can't really test it myself. Make sure you've enabled theaudiodb in the images section of the AS settings. If it is enabled, I'd need to see a debug log to help anymore. Please remember to enable the AS debug logging (in the advanced settings area) as well as Kodi debug logging.

have posted a log file here http://www.freespace.com.au/filehosting/523375
hope it is right
rew88

On fullscreen music play there is no Background (Black) - Novak - 2016-07-26

Hi to All. I'm new to this Forum an new to Kodi.

I've searched the Internet but no luck.

I have Odroid C1+ with OpenELEC and Kodi 16.1. All of suden when i play any music and go to Fullscreen there is no Background (it is black). Before I have instaled and used Artist Slideshow that worked, but then some day there is no Artist pictures and if I chose show Background still not working. Try to reinstall Artist Slideshow, still no go...

Where is my problem?

RE: On fullscreen music play there is no Background (Black) - pkscout - 2016-07-26

I'll answer this here, but I wonder if the mods could merge this with the AS support thread at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124880?

With 2.0 the decision was made (with input from some of the Kodi folks) that AS would no longer try and find a MusicBrainzID for an artist. AS was generating a huge amount of traffic and causing significant issues for the MusicBrainz folks. For music in the library you can using something like MusicBrainz Picard to add the tags and update your library. Once you do that you can use any of the image services to get images.

For music that is not tagged (and music from streaming services), the only image service you can use to download music is htbackdrops (for images, for artist bio, you're limited to last.fm). AS will find any local (or already downloaded images), it just won't download from those other services unless Kodi has the MBID.

Unfortunately, htbackdrops is currently offline. So for non-tagged and streaming music, you aren't going to be able to download anything. The only alternative is to go to those empty directories and create a musicbrainz.nfo file. In that file you would put the MBID from the MusicBrainz site. With that AS can download from the other two image services.

Having said all that, I have released a beta of 2.0.1 that adds artist name searching using theaudiodb. If you continue to have issues, I'd suggest you post in the thread I mentioned at the beginning. I'd also need a debug log with both Kodi and AS debug logging turned on.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-26

(2016-07-25, 08:01)onewaytrigger Wrote: I'm having trouble with artists that have forbidden Windows explorer characters (\ / : * ? | " < >) and "." (dot at the end).

For that reason AC/DC folder name is "AC DC" (with a space), 2:54 is "2 54", fun. is "fun", M.I.A. is "M.I.A" and so on. The problem is that AS will look for an extrafanart folder at ":\Music\AC/DC\" which for the reasons above doesn't exist.

So, would be possible to make AS on those cases look also for "AC DC" or "AC-DC"? and "fun."-like cases subtract the dot at the end.

I'll look into it, but it's going to be a pretty significant pain in the ass because the illegal chapter list (and location) is platform specific. No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

P.S. This is why when AS creates an artist folder in it's own space it hashes the name. That hash is guaranteed to work on every platform.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - onewaytrigger - 2016-07-27

Yeah it is a problem just on Windows. Perhaps no tricky with the names is nedeed if you could make AS could gather the path of the artist folder and alternatively look for extrafanart folder in this path

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-27

(2016-07-27, 00:23)onewaytrigger Wrote: Yeah it is a problem just on Windows. Perhaps no tricky with the names is nedeed if you could make AS could gather the path of the artist folder and alternatively look for extrafanart folder in this path

This would only work if you have embedded your fanart in your music folder. I could look at adding this option, but AS doesn't assume that to be the case, and many people specifically want to keep their art separate from their music. So even if I add that option I technically still need to deal with the file name issues. BTW, on OS X you can't have a colon in a file name. So at least two of the three platforms have forbidden characters with which to deal.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2016-07-27

(2016-07-25, 03:04)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 01:27)rew88 Wrote: So I assume this still does not work for streaming music as I cannot get it to download
fanart unless I am doing something wrong ?

In theory it should, but I use no streaming services so can't really test it myself. Make sure you've enabled theaudiodb in the images section of the AS settings. If it is enabled, I'd need to see a debug log to help anymore. Please remember to enable the AS debug logging (in the advanced settings area) as well as Kodi debug logging.

Works fine here when I'm listening to my radio stream if the station returns a proper artist

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2016-07-27

(2016-07-27, 00:23)onewaytrigger Wrote: Yeah it is a problem just on Windows. Perhaps no tricky with the names is nedeed if you could make AS could gather the path of the artist folder and alternatively look for extrafanart folder in this path

I thought ArtistSlideshow already did this?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-28

(2016-07-27, 23:41)HomerJau Wrote:

I thought ArtistSlideshow already did this?

Technically it doesn't, not the way onewaytrigger indicated anyway. What oneway wanted was for AS to look at the path to the music file and then look in that directory for the artwork. AS doesn't do that. You set a root path for the artwork, and then AS looks there. You could set that root path to your music location and have something that looks like what oneway wanted, but it wouldn't be the same programatically.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-07-28

2.0.1~beta6 released

Technically you might have gotten beta5, and if you did you should refresh and get beta6.

v.2.0.1~beta6
- fixed settings file to enable trailing period replacement only on Windows

v.2.0.1~beta5
- added option for fuzzy local path search replacing illegal path characters

I should probably explain how this will work. The setting to enable search path replacement is going to be OFF by default. So you'll have to enable it if you want it. Once enabled you can set the desired character you want to replace any illegal path characters (the default is the underscore). If you are on Windows you can also set a character to use when there is a trailing period (the default is NULL, so it would just remove the trailing period from the artist's name). All other platforms ignore that second option (even if you manage to set it).

As a side note, I'll probably add all this logic to AS Helper so that it can copy files to the local image area even if the artist has an illegal path character in their name.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - onewaytrigger - 2016-07-28

Nice!

Worked for artists with illegal characters, but no luck with trailling period ones. Here's a log:
http://pastebin.com/w94Man7e
Also AS will crash once a aristist with trailling dot is loaded (no further fanarts can be loaded)

(2016-07-28, 13:43)onewaytrigger Wrote: Nice!

Worked for artists with illegal characters, but no luck with trailling period ones. Here's a log:
http://pastebin.com/w94Man7e
Also AS will crash once a aristist with trailling dot is loaded (no further fanarts can be loaded)

I see the problem. I'm reworking the code right now to let you pick the OS of the storage device, so I'll fix this when I fix that. Basically I realized you might be running AS on a Pi but storing local images on a Windows SMB share. So the Pi needs a way to know about the Windows file restrictions. I'll be posting a new beta later today.

2.0.1~beta7 release

v.2.0.1~beta7
- fix so AS respects the "enable fuzzy local artist path setting"
- changed fuzzy options to allow for storage host different from local host
- fixed crash when artist has period at end of name

With this version, you need to go into the advanced settings and set your target OS for the image storage volume (it defaults to Windows). Available from my beta repo at:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.beta.pkscout-1.1.0.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - onewaytrigger - 2016-07-28

At the moment the only version available is beta 6 Sad

(2016-07-28, 23:51)onewaytrigger Wrote: At the moment the only version available is beta 6 Sad

You might need to manually refresh the repo. Kodi doesn't check for updated content all that often, so if you wait for it to appear automatically it could be a day or so. If you go into Kodi's settings and look for the addon area, you can go down to INSTALL FROM REPO, then highlight my repo, then use the context menu and select CHECK FOR UPDATES (or something like that). I did that on my Windows machine, and beta7 appeared and updated.