Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-09-03

(2016-09-03, 03:39)Xcel101 Wrote: For some reason AS will not seem to fetch images for artists that I recently added. It will still show the art for the artists that I have had in my playlist for awhile. I use the Tidal plugin for my music if that matters.

If you're using fanart.tv for images, please see this:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124880&pid=2381463#pid2381463

tl;dr fanart.tv requires MusicBrainz ID, so 2.0 onwards won't do that for streaming music (you have to tag your library music using MusicBrainz Picard). TheAudioDB.com and htbackdrops.org (when it's up) will work for streaming music.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - arzaz - 2016-09-03

Example, the MusicBrainz ID for ADELE is: http://musicbrainz.org/artist/cc2c9c3c-b7bc-4b8b-84d8-4fbd8779e493, what will be the next step?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - zag - 2016-09-03

Tag your music using picard, so the musicbrainz id is in the tags.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-09-03

(2016-09-03, 14:53)arzaz Wrote: Example, the MusicBrainz ID for ADELE is: http://musicbrainz.org/artist/cc2c9c3c-b7bc-4b8b-84d8-4fbd8779e493, what will be the next step?

I am BEGGING you to not do this manually. Download MusicBrainz Picard and tag your music using that. You are going to create hours and hours and hours and hours of frustrating, manual work if you try and create all those text files. Since you don't understand what the MusicBrainz ID is, you really just need to do what we're all suggesting and use MusicBrainz Picard.

https://picard.musicbrainz.org

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - fewzhon - 2016-09-05

(2014-07-11, 21:02)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 09:16)Mudislander Wrote: @pkscout Is there a property that could advise if ArtistSlideshow has fanart for the current artist available to show. My new problem is with the transparent background enabled and ArtistSlideshow is presenting an image that is not 16:9 the skin fallback image is showing up underneath, some users don't like this. Therefore would be nice to only allow skin background if ArtistSlideshow has transparent setting + Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow) is empty or not ready.

There isn't one specifically. I need to look through the code and see if you can safely assume that Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow) will be empty if there is no art. I'll look at either making sure Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow) is empty until there is art OR add another window property. I should be able to look at it this weekend.

@pkscout

Hi I am a noob at this but with regards to transparency effect for the artist slideshow, I was curious to know if this fix has been implemented, reason for this enquiry is that I love the artist slideshow add-on but cant seem to figure out why when I choose to have a transparent background when no image are available I still get a black background, I assume I should be to see my home screen when playing a track that's not recognised.

ill b grateful if you can advice. thank you.
watch gallery

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-09-06

Yup. Check the wiki page under the NEW SKIN PROPERTIES section. The one at the end tells you if there is an image ready yet.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Thomas69 - 2016-09-06

Hello there, sorry if this was posted earlier (couldn´t find any matches). Is it possible to increase the brightness of the slideshow? Maybe this has already been considered for some next update...

Thomas

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - fewzhon - 2016-09-06

(2016-09-06, 03:51)pkscout Wrote: Yup. Check the wiki page under the NEW SKIN PROPERTIES section. The one at the end tells you if there is an image ready yet.

Hi @pkscout, thank you for your response, i assume i need to insert the scripts into MusicVisualizations.xml if so my hugh apology for my inexperience but at which point of the xmls do i instead the script below. (i do wish there was YouTube tutorials on Koda xmls i'ld indulge in them all day lol)

"Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshowTransparent)"
Let's the skin know that the user has enabled the option to have AS use a transparent background when no artist images are found."

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Dave.B - 2016-09-06

Hi All
Since Upgrading to Mq7 I have sporadic errors in artists slideshow script. Can someone please help me fix this?

here is the log error:

22:15:15 T:2100 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3f423f30.jpg
22:15:15 T:8972 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 1090, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 186, in __init__
self._use_correct_artwork()
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 1039, in _use_correct_artwork
self._get_local_images()
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 498, in _get_local_images
self._get_artistinfo()
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 289, in _get_artistinfo
bio, loglines = bio_plugins['objs'][plugin_name[1]].getBio( bio_params )
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\plugins\theaudiodb.py", line 71, in getBio
json_data = self._get_data( self.ARTISTFILEPATH, self.CACHEFILEPATH, url, url_params )
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\plugins\theaudiodb.py", line 178, in _get_data
self._get_audiodbid( ) # this is to generate the id file if it doesn't exist
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\plugins\theaudiodb.py", line 137, in _get_audiodbid
json_data = _json.loads( rawdata )
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--
22:15:21 T:2100 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/e/e98d4d2d.jpg
22:15:28 T:2100 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/4/41fee77f.jpg
22:15:34 T:2100 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/b/bd8a4fa5.jpg
22:15:40 T:6640 ERROR: Gif::GcbToFrame(): Could not read GraphicsControlBlock of frame 0 in file G:\CD Art\Minimal Compact\extrafanart\Minimal_Frejus[1].gif (reason unknown)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-09-06

(2016-09-06, 12:29)Thomas69 Wrote: Hello there, sorry if this was posted earlier (couldn´t find any matches). Is it possible to increase the brightness of the slideshow? Maybe this has already been considered for some next update...

Thomas

Image display is done by the skin. AS only gets the images and tells the skin where they are. So this is a question to ask of the skin author.

(2016-09-06, 16:38)fewzhon Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 03:51)pkscout Wrote: Yup. Check the wiki page under the NEW SKIN PROPERTIES section. The one at the end tells you if there is an image ready yet.

Hi @pkscout, thank you for your response, i assume i need to insert the scripts into MusicVisualizations.xml if so my hugh apology for my inexperience but at which point of the xmls do i instead the script below. (i do wish there was YouTube tutorials on Koda xmls i'ld indulge in them all day lol)

"Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshowTransparent)"
Let's the skin know that the user has enabled the option to have AS use a transparent background when no artist images are found."

It kind of depends on the skin. I actually implemented this for a skin developer, but I've never used it in any of the skin mods I've done, so I don't really know where the best place would be to use it. You might check in the thread for whatever skin you are using and see if anyone can help.

(2016-09-06, 21:38)Dave.B Wrote: Hi All
Since Upgrading to Mq7 I have sporadic errors in artists slideshow script. Can someone please help me fix this?

It's a little hard to tell with just the log snippet, but it looks like AS is failing because theaudiodb is sending back a response that isn't valid XML (which likely means it didn't respond at all). I thought I had fixed all those, but if I'm reading that right the only thing to do in the short term is to turn off theaudiodb as a source for images, bios, and albums. I'll take a look to see what I can do about duplicating this. I think I just need to test AS with no internet connection and see what barfs.

edit: I found the issue and fixed it. I'll post a new beta later today and then plan on pushing this to the main repo later this week.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-09-07

2.0.3~beta 1 Released

- fix for crash when a non JSON response is recieved from theaudiodb

Available from my beta repo:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.beta.pkscout-1.1.0.zip

or on GitHub:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Dave.B - 2016-09-07

(2016-09-07, 07:38)pkscout Wrote: 2.0.3~beta 1 Released

- fix for crash when a non JSON response is recieved from theaudiodb

Available from my beta repo:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.beta.pkscout-1.1.0.zip

or on GitHub:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow

Thank you for the quick respond. I installed the new 2.03 beta but still the same ERROR. here is the log:

09:13:43 T:3792 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3330ccc7.jpg
09:13:43 T:3912 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 1090, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 186, in __init__
self._use_correct_artwork()
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 1039, in _use_correct_artwork
self._get_local_images()
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 498, in _get_local_images
self._get_artistinfo()
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 289, in _get_artistinfo
bio, loglines = bio_plugins['objs'][plugin_name[1]].getBio( bio_params )
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\plugins\theaudiodb.py", line 71, in getBio
json_data = self._get_data( self.ARTISTFILEPATH, self.CACHEFILEPATH, url, url_params )
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\plugins\theaudiodb.py", line 178, in _get_data
self._get_audiodbid( ) # this is to generate the id file if it doesn't exist
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\plugins\theaudiodb.py", line 137, in _get_audiodbid
json_data = _json.loads( rawdata )
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-09-07

You don't appear to be running the beta. The line number referenced here:
Code:
File "C:\Users\Bar-Tal\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\plugins\theaudi​odb.py", line 137, in _get_audiodbid
json_data = _json.loads( raw data )

doesn't have that line of code anymore. Check to make sure you have only one version of AS in your addons folder. Please in the future don't post snippets of your log. I can't see what led up to the error or even verify you're running the right version. Enable debugging in both AS and Kodi and post a link to the complete log file.