Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2017-01-28

(2017-01-28, 20:18)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 19:09)spiderlane Wrote: Ah, I think I must have misunderstood how it works - doesn't it look for an MBID tag in the playing file first and then if it doesn't find one, look for a musicbrainz.nfo file and if it doesn't find that does a lookup at theaudiodb to see if it can find an MBID for the artist name?

Here's the order:

Ask Kodi for the MBID (i.e. tagged in the music).
If no MBID is found, try and get file from theaudiodb (or use the existing one) and use the MBID from there.
I no MBID is found, check the musicbrainz.nfo file to see if there is one there.

Could you consider to add extraction of MBID from the lastfmartistbio.nfo as an additional step. I just realized that in this file MBID is also available (maybe not for all). So grabbing art from FANART.TV would also work if TADB server is down. I would also suggest to "make" the file musicbrainz.nfo in any case, and to start accessing databases from this point. In some cases when no MBID or even wrong tag was found from your standard procedure - it would be easier for the user to edit manually this file.

Maybe you could even think about an additional functionality (AShelper) where a table of missing MBID is generated in which the user can add the missing "mbids" manually.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ArsenioW - 2017-01-28

(2017-01-27, 17:15)ArsenioW Wrote: I don´t know what I´m doing wrong:
- I have Kodi 16.1
- I have the jarvis confluence mods by pkscout (downloaded from helix or later, repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.0.zip)
- I have Artist Slideshow 2.0.6
- When I go to programs/add-ons, i see artist slideshow, artist slideshow helper and speedfan information display
- If I go to system/settings/add-ons/my add-ons/program add-ons there are artist slideshow, artist slideshow helper and speedfan information display, all enabled.

When I´m playing a mp3 file stored in the hard drive, being in the kodi main page, i press back like you told me, there is the spectrum for a second, disappears, at the bottom there is a cd picture and information on the song, now playing, etc, and that closes in aprox. 15 seconds and then turns back.

I have seen that under system/add-ons/system/running artist slideshow doesn´t appear, I don´t know if it has to.

I have the artist slideshow settings to default. Maybe it has to deal with mp3 tagging issues? I´m lost.

I run kodi in a xiaomi mi box connected with the tv, I don´t know if it is important.

Thank you for your patience.

Someone knows what can be happening?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2017-01-28

(2017-01-28, 20:58)ArsenioW Wrote:
- I have Kodi 16.1
- I have the jarvis confluence mods by pkscout (downloaded from helix or later, repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.0.zip)
- When I go to programs/add-ons, i see artist slideshow, artist slideshow helper and speedfan information display
- If I go to system/settings/add-ons/my add-ons/program add-ons there are artist slideshow, artist slideshow helper and speedfan information display, all enabled.

When I´m playing a mp3 file stored in the hard drive, being in the kodi main page, i press back like you told me, there is the spectrum for a second, disappears, at the bottom there is a cd picture and information on the song, now playing, etc, and that closes in aprox. 15 seconds and then turns back.

I have seen that under system/add-ons/system/running artist slideshow doesn´t appear, I don´t know if it has to.

I have the artist slideshow settings to default. Maybe it has to deal with mp3 tagging issues? I´m lost.

I run kodi in a xiaomi mi box connected with the tv, I don´t know if it is important.

posting logfile could maybe help people to help you

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bitnumus - 2017-01-28

After resolving my previous issues i'm no experiencing one whereby i skip a track, the background is a slightly different colour but the artist image doesn't load, if i skip the track the artist image flashes up then changes to the current track

Has anyone experienced this?

Also i have some artists that although they are tagged they don't show any art (yes they have art in fanart). I had this before a year ago on kodi 16, and it was due to empty .nfo files, i used to delete them and the next time they were updated correctly. Is there some kind of "clean" option in AS?

edit: on quick inspection it seems that the artists that aren't showing do not have full fanarttvartistimages.nfo files compared to ones that are. What would stop this from populating properly?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ArsenioW - 2017-01-28

(2017-01-28, 21:15)hoschilo Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 20:58)ArsenioW Wrote:
- I have Kodi 16.1

How can I do that?
Thank you.

(2017-01-28, 22:26)ArsenioW Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 21:15)hoschilo Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 20:58)ArsenioW Wrote: Someone knows what can be happening?

How can I do that?
Thank you.

Log_file/Easy (wiki)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-01-29

(2017-01-28, 20:47)hoschilo Wrote: Could you consider to add extraction of MBID from the lastfmartistbio.nfo as an additional step. I just realized that in this file MBID is also available (maybe not for all). So grabbing art from FANART.TV would also work if TADB server is down. I would also suggest to "make" the file musicbrainz.nfo in any case, and to start accessing databases from this point. In some cases when no MBID or even wrong tag was found from your standard procedure - it would be easier for the user to edit manually this file.

Done. There's a new beta of AS in my beta repo (there's info on how to install that repo on the AS wiki page). The order of checking with this beta is Kodi, musicbrainz.nfo file, theaudiodb.com file, last.fm file.

Quote:Maybe you could even think about an additional functionality (AShelper) where a table of missing MBID is generated in which the user can add the missing "mbids" manually.

I'll have to ponder that. The best I could do is tell you which artists don't have MBID's in Kodi, but since you can get the MBID from theaudiodb and last.fm, that might be more artists than you actually need to fix.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-01-29

(2017-01-28, 21:41)bitnumus Wrote: edit: on quick inspection it seems that the artists that aren't showing do not have full fanarttvartistimages.nfo files compared to ones that are. What would stop this from populating properly?

That most likely means that either there were no images available when AS checked last or AS was not able to connect the fanart.tv for some reason. The caching mechanism for AS is very aggressive now, so AS will only check for updates at a random interval that is between three and six months. This was done to, not surprisingly, to reduce load on the various services. You can force a refresh by deleting the fanarttvartistimages.nfo file and the fanarttvcachetime.nfo file in the appropriate folder.

There is no "clean" option for AS, and I don't plan to add one. If you really want to clean out everything, delete the ArtistInformation folder in the AS userdata folder. As long as you leave the ArtistSlideshow folder, at least you won't be downloading all the images again.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2017-01-29

(2017-01-29, 01:29)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 20:47)hoschilo Wrote: Could you consider to add extraction of MBID from the lastfmartistbio.nfo as an additional step. I just realized that in this file MBID is also available (maybe not for all). So grabbing art from FANART.TV would also work if TADB server is down. I would also suggest to "make" the file musicbrainz.nfo in any case, and to start accessing databases from this point. In some cases when no MBID or even wrong tag was found from your standard procedure - it would be easier for the user to edit manually this file.

Done. There's a new beta of AS in my beta repo (there's info on how to install that repo on the AS wiki page). The order of checking with this beta is Kodi, musicbrainz.nfo file, theaudiodb.com file, last.fm file.

Quote:Maybe you could even think about an additional functionality (AShelper) where a table of missing MBID is generated in which the user can add the missing "mbids" manually.

I'll have to ponder that. The best I could do is tell you which artists don't have MBID's in Kodi, but since you can get the MBID from theaudiodb and last.fm, that might be more artists than you actually need to fix.

Wow that was fast ! Checked and found getting again images from FANART.TV. Thanks a lot!

Regarding the "MBID-table" I realized that the things are probably different than I thought. Since I do almost only streaming those artist (for which i do not have my own music) are not in the Kodi database right? I wonder how the handling of the artist-code in the cache folder is done? Are those codes managed by AS or by Kodi?

(2017-01-29, 01:51)hoschilo Wrote: Regarding the "MBID-table" I realized that the things are probably different than I thought. Since I do almost only streaming those artist (for which i do not have my own music) are not in the Kodi database right? I wonder how the handling of the artist-code in the cache folder is done? Are those codes managed by AS or by Kodi?

Yea, the streaming artists won't be in the Kodi db at all. For streaming artists, AS handles everything. AS uses the artist name (if it can figure it out based on the information the stream provides) to create the cache folders and then hopes that either theaudiodb or lastfm will return a musicbrainz ID so that you can use fanart.tv images. The actual names are hashes of the artist name (using Kodi's internal hash mechanism), and that was done early on (pre my time even) to avoid unicode name problems. At this point changing that would be really problematic.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bitnumus - 2017-01-29

(2017-01-29, 01:34)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 21:41)bitnumus Wrote: edit: on quick inspection it seems that the artists that aren't showing do not have full fanarttvartistimages.nfo files compared to ones that are. What would stop this from populating properly?

That most likely means that either there were no images available when AS checked last or AS was not able to connect the fanart.tv for some reason. The caching mechanism for AS is very aggressive now, so AS will only check for updates at a random interval that is between three and six months. This was done to, not surprisingly, to reduce load on the various services. You can force a refresh by deleting the fanarttvartistimages.nfo file and the fanarttvcachetime.nfo file in the appropriate folder.

There is no "clean" option for AS, and I don't plan to add one. If you really want to clean out everything, delete the ArtistInformation folder in the AS userdata folder. As long as you leave the ArtistSlideshow folder, at least you won't be downloading all the images again.

The respective folder in ArtistSlideshow for the artist are full with images, but they aren't showing. I did delete the ArtistInformation folder and the same happens, the .nfo file is only partially full (doesn't contain the image links).

This is shown by this log, that the images are there, but yet again they aren't showing http://pastebin.com/mN8CsFE0 I thought i was passed this issue but seems its back!

This is a more complete paste taken after i skipped track: http://pastebin.com/NuAvyRMs Hopefully you can see from here why images aren't showing, they are downloaded in the artists folder.

Here is a paste from a WORKING artist, http://pastebin.com/R8UYsDUw

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - style2k - 2017-01-29

i saw the last beta and i tried it ,, and its working for some atists atleast and it seems to take images from the pointet artist art folder i made..
now there is stil one thing when downloading images it is not downloading them to the pointed map but instead to another folder . isnt it possible to set it so that it downloads te images to the pointed map in the proper artist folder or if there is nt one create one ?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2017-01-29

Hi pkscout,

what is the reason that you are using "Hashlist" for all the Artist folder?

If AS would just use the Proper Artist name instead of 00dd4e04 as Folder Name it would make a few thing much easier.

use selfemade MBID.nfos, witch will reduse the load on all Sites AS depends on, sure just a few user will use this but hey...
and, thats Importen for me, we could just Copy/paste the ArtistSlideshow folder stuff to all the other "Music Art" stuff we have on the NAS.

I know there is AS-Helper witch should do this but it did not work for me 100% some Picture get moved some are not, here is my old post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=181454&pid=2394561#pid2394561
I did lots of testing but I cant figure out a pattern here....

Last time I checkt there where 1.1GB pictures in the AS Folder, but ASH is running once a Day via a cronjob. Its not that im Running out of space or so, but I have 6GB+ Music Art on my NAS, and I wannt them all in one place, and doing it by hand is a PITA

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2017-01-29

(2017-01-29, 15:58)meowmoo Wrote: Hi pkscout,

what is the reason that you are using "Hashlist" for all the Artist folder?

If AS would just use the Proper Artist name instead of 00dd4e04 as Folder Name it would make a few thing much easier.

use selfemade MBID.nfos, witch will reduse the load on all Sites AS depends on, sure just a few user will use this but hey...
and, thats Importen for me, we could just Copy/paste the ArtistSlideshow folder stuff to all the other "Music Art" stuff we have on the NAS.

I know there is AS-Helper witch should do this but it did not work for me 100% some Picture get moved some are not, here is my old post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=181454&pid=2394561#pid2394561
I did lots of testing but I cant figure out a pattern here....

Last time I checkt there where 1.1GB pictures in the AS Folder, but ASH is running once a Day via a cronjob. Its not that im Running out of space or so, but I have 6GB+ Music Art on my NAS, and I wannt them all in one place, and doing it by hand is a PITA

post #1930 above and yes that would be helpful. I guess programmers do have a reason to work with "hashed" artist names.

Quote:Yea, the streaming artists won't be in the Kodi db at all. For streaming artists, AS handles everything. AS uses the artist name (if it can figure it out based on the information the stream provides) to create the cache folders and then hopes that either theaudiodb or lastfm will return a musicbrainz ID so that you can use fanart.tv images. The actual names are hashes of the artist name (using Kodi's internal hash mechanism), and that was done early on (pre my time even) to avoid unicode name problems. At this point changing that would be really problematic.

I need however some clarification on the following:
I did run ASH doing a copy of the hashed files. Then I configured AS to use this new defined directory as "local artist folder". If this really works then we could really do an export on daily basis and maintain the files in this structure. Maybe I'm dreaming.....

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2017-01-29

Thanks for some reason I missed that post...so little to no chance to get proper folder names...

You are not dreaming ;P This is how it work, i have cdartManager, skin-helper and AS pointed to one folder on my NAS, and in theory its a pretty solid solution, but as I said in my previous post, ASH did not work all the time for me, and I can't figure out why...