Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-06

(2017-06-06, 20:58)lotte67890 Wrote: Hey PKscout, I use to have an funny bug, when playing music and Artistslideshow already has pictures for the current Artist, all seems to work fine. but it does not show any picture of my fallback folder. I run libreelec 8.0.2 on a Pi 2 using your mod of the Estuary skin. And here comes the thrill, when using my previous used skin Arctic Zephyr the images from the fallback folder are shown without a Problem. Also when playing a new artist with the Arctic zephyr skin enabled, pictures downloaded are displyed at once.

Any suggestions?

Please post a complete debug log that has both AS debug logging and Kodi debug logging on and reproduce the problem. I'll be happy to look through it and see if I can figure out what the issue is.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lotte67890 - 2017-06-09

OK, I messed it up... I should have read the instructions before trying to paste the whole log here... Sorry for that!
I uploaded the log to my dropbox, you may find here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn8jspt2bw5odge/Kodi_Artist_Slideshow_log.txt?dl=0 , since, to be honest, this seems to bee more easy ;-)

L

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-09

(2017-06-09, 09:57)lotte67890 Wrote: OK, I messed it up... I should have read the instructions before trying to paste the whole log here... Sorry for that!
I uploaded the log to my dropbox, you may find here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn8jspt2bw5odge/Kodi_Artist_Slideshow_log.txt?dl=0 , since, to be honest, this seems to bee more easy ;-)

Hmmm. AS is definitely setting the fallback folder when the artist has no images. I can see it happen right here:
Code:
09:37:19.279 T:1273721760   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] no images found for artist, using fallback slideshow
09:37:19.279 T:1273721760   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] fallbackdir = /media/M/Irina-und-Marina-Fabrizius/
09:37:19.281 T:1273721760   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] ArtistSlideshow set to /media/M/Irina-und-Marina-Fabrizius/

Can you check to make sure that path is accessible and has images in it? The images have to be in root of the directory listed above. If they're in a folder inside that directory, they won't show.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lotte67890 - 2017-06-10

Hey, thanks for checking. The folder including the images definitely exists and has no subfolder in it, thing is that if I switch the skin it works without any of the named problems...

L

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-10

(2017-06-10, 00:30)lotte67890 Wrote: Hey, thanks for checking. The folder including the images definitely exists and has no subfolder in it, thing is that if I switch the skin it works without any of the named problems...

Well, that's obviously frustrating. I use my mod and a fallback folder and having seen this (on Windows and OS X at least, no Linux machines with which to test). The only thing I can think to try is to define a new fallback folder and then move a few images in just to test. I suppose it's possible that something in the Kodi image cache is corrupted, but I'm not sure why that would be affectedly only one skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lotte67890 - 2017-06-10

Thanks! I tried but it didn´t help. Can I somehow clear the cache and start over? Reinstalling the skin and AS with reboot in between didn´t help...
About the other bug, where the images are downloaded but not displayed, could you see something there in the log?

L

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-10

(2017-06-10, 08:00)lotte67890 Wrote: Thanks! I tried but it didn´t help. Can I somehow clear the cache and start over? Reinstalling the skin and AS with reboot in between didn´t help...
About the other bug, where the images are downloaded but not displayed, could you see something there in the log?

Sorry, no. That log looked fine too. You can delete all the AS stuff by going to your Kodi data folder and looking for addon_data/script.artistslideshow. If you want to delete everything including the settings, just delete that folder. If you want to keep your settings, delete the ArtistSlideshow and ArtistInformation folders inside that folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lotte67890 - 2017-06-11

Well, nothing helps, as said, when using the Arctic zephyr skin all works fine. Even for some Artists there are Pics available which your skin does not show. What I recognized is that when switch to full screen immediately after pressing play and the background does change from the default to black it works, even if the download has not yet started, but on some Artists the skin background stays and then nothing is shown even if there are pics for that artist....

Grrrr...

Is there anything else can I try? I would love it so badly that it works... Can I debug some more?
On the other hand next week I should receive a new pi, where I will start from scratch, maybe I´ll use a different OS, not sure yet, and see if that helps...

L

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-11

(2017-06-11, 08:45)lotte67890 Wrote: Well, nothing helps, as said, when using the Arctic zephyr skin all works fine. Even for some Artists there are Pics available which your skin does not show. What I recognized is that when switch to full screen immediately after pressing play and the background does change from the default to black it works, even if the download has not yet started, but on some Artists the skin background stays and then nothing is shown even if there are pics for that artist....

Grrrr...

Is there anything else can I try? I would love it so badly that it works... Can I debug some more?
On the other hand next week I should receive a new pi, where I will start from scratch, maybe I´ll use a different OS, not sure yet, and see if that helps...

L

Not that I can think of. The mods to Estuary are very minor, so I can't figure what might be causing what your describing, and I can't duplicate any issue like what you've described here.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Deggsy56 - 2017-06-25

Try Xonfluence, it works fine with AS on EBMC 17.3. No artist info but u DO get the images. Hope that helps.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - riebling - 2017-07-24

This same problem plagued me; what worked was to find and change a setting in the skin (I was using Confluence):

Skin settings - Background - Hide fanart in full screen visualization

Turning that off got rid of the blended background for me.
Looking for that same setting in Estuary skin... looks like it's NOT. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - riebling - 2017-07-24

This same 'blending' problem plagued me; what worked was to find and change a setting in the skin (I was using Confluence):

Skin settings - Background - Hide fanart in full screen visualization

Turning that off got rid of the blended background for me.
However I cannot find that setting to disable, in Estuary skin configuration

(2017-03-04, 04:52)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 04:36)msfc Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 05:47)msfc Wrote: The default Estuary background on the full-screen music display has black bars at top and bottom, graduating to a turquoiseish color covering the middle. I have both Use Visualization turned off in the interface preferences and visualization set to none. The default background can clearly be seen blended into the artist images. Since the visualization can be seen, when enabled, it is really not surprising that the static background can also be seen. I can't understand why you aren't seeing it. Perhaps you have a white background. The skin mod needs to disable blending of the artist images.

I would like the artist images to be displayed with replace blending (i.e. no blending). Then I can leave the visualization running so that something nice happens when no artwork is found and I don't have to disable the screen saver. Without visualization running the screensaver kicks in after a few minutes dimming the screen so you can no longer see the artist slideshow.
Any suggestions for how I can get to the bottom of the blending issue? It has been a couple of weeks since I posted the above. I'm at the point where I am fed up looking at the ugly images and will disable AS if I can't fix this.

I've never seen what you're describing. All the display code in the Estuary mod is in MusicVisualization.xml. Feel free to make whatever changes you'd like to get it to look the way you want.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - sprogger - 2017-08-12

Team
Complete Kodi newbie

Apologies if this is has been asked before or in the incorrect thread..

I am looking to move from Popcorn(s) to a Nvidia/Kodi solution ..

One of the main uses I have for the Media Tank is the ability to play my music collection with my custom slideshows.

I am using Kodi 17.1 with Chroma skin and have Artist Slideshow working. Have figured out how to change Local Artist Folder and Fallback Slideshow so it shows my pictures (rather than Arists)

However .. I am struggling with the ability to have my pictures "sized" so they fit into a 1080 screen

I have tried placing a file "advancedsettings.xml" in Kodi/userdata

<advancedsettings>
<imageres>480</imageres>
<fanartres>480</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>

But it does nos appear to have any affect ..

Any help gratefully accepted

Cheers
Sprogger

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-08-12

(2017-08-12, 01:02)sprogger Wrote: However .. I am struggling with the ability to have my pictures "sized" so they fit into a 1080 screen

I have tried placing a file "advancedsettings.xml" in Kodi/userdata

<advancedsettings>
<imageres>480</imageres>
<fanartres>480</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>

But it does nos appear to have any affect ..

How the pictures are displayed is a skin level thing, not a global Kodi thing. You could check with the authors of the skin you're using to see what the say. You can also change the way the images are displayed by modifying the skin. All the non-default skins are stored in your Kodi user data directory, so once your there go to addons->skin name->xml and find the file named MusicVisualization.xml. In there you'll find something kind of like this:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <left>0</left>
    <top>0</top>
    <width>100%</width>
    <height>100%</height>
    <imagepath colordiffuse="88FFFFFF" background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
    <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow) + String.IsEqual(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady),true)</visible>
</control>

The width, height, and aspect ratio are the things to adjust as needed. Here's a link to the explanation of the aspect ratio options:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Aspect_Ratio

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - sprogger - 2017-08-12

PK
Many thanks ... as a complete newbie my learning curve is straight up at the moment.

Found the MusicVisualization.xml file in Windows/User/me/appdata etc etc ... must say most of it is a foreign language to me .. changed various settings but cant get the desired affect

Will ask the skin creator for help..

I will say what a great add on though ... kudos for inventing

Cheers
Sprogger