Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Blurayx - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-18, 05:31)pkscout Wrote: There doesn't seem to be anything in the log indicating ArtistSlideshow was invoked.  For most skins you have to play a song and go into the actual music visualization screen for it to run.  Could you do that and post another debug log?
 That's weird. 
1) I played a song for about 30sec
2) Exit Kodi
3) Restarted Kodi
6) scanned Kodi log code to upload data using my phone
7) https://paste.kodi.tv/igiyaqutip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-18, 07:05)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-06-18, 05:31)pkscout Wrote: There doesn't seem to be anything in the log indicating ArtistSlideshow was invoked.  For most skins you have to play a song and go into the actual music visualization screen for it to run.  Could you do that and post another debug log?
 That's weird. 
2) Exit Kodi
3) Restarted Kodi
Still no indication that AS is being run.  I see it listed as installed and I see the settings loaded during startup, but that's it.  Even if AS debug logging isn't on I would expect to see at least the startup message from AS in the log file when the skin calls it.  I'm going to go back to some basic questions just to make sure:

1- Are you using a skin that supports AS? If so, which one?
2- After starting the song, do you see the music visualization screen (or at least go to it manually) - that's generally when AS is called by the skin

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Blurayx - 2018-06-19

(2018-06-18, 23:30)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-06-18, 07:05)Blurayx Wrote:
 That's weird. 
2) Exit Kodi
3) Restarted Kodi
Still no indication that AS is being run.  I see it listed as installed and I see the settings loaded during startup, but that's it.  Even if AS debug logging isn't on I would expect to see at least the startup message from AS in the log file when the skin calls it.  I'm going to go back to some basic questions just to make sure:

2- After starting the song, do you see the music visualization screen (or at least go to it manually) - that's generally when AS is called by the skin 
 1) Yes, Aura Leia
2) yes, Arist fanarst are displayed when music starts playing. But sometimes it will only show the fanart for about 20 seconds, Then I get a blank screen.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-06-19

(2018-06-19, 00:15)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-06-18, 23:30)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-06-18, 07:05)Blurayx Wrote:  That's weird. 
2) Exit Kodi
3) Restarted Kodi

1) Yes, Aura Leia
2) yes, Arist fanarst are displayed when music starts playing. But sometimes it will only show the fanart for about 20 seconds, Then I get a blank screen. 
I really do want to help, but without a log showing Artist Slideshow actually being called and doing something, there's not much else I can do.  When you get another log, do a search in it for "[artist" (without the quotes) and make sure it's case insensitive.  If AS is called, you'll get at least a few lines in the Kodi log with that prefix).  Other than that the only thing I can suggest is to contact the skin authors and see if they have any insight.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Blurayx - 2018-06-19

(2018-06-19, 03:41)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 00:15)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-06-18, 23:30)pkscout Wrote: Still no indication that AS is being run.  I see it listed as installed and I see the settings loaded during startup, but that's it.  Even if AS debug logging isn't on I would expect to see at least the startup message from AS in the log file when the skin calls it.  I'm going to go back to some basic questions just to make sure:

1) Yes, Aura Leia
I really do want to help, but without a log showing Artist Slideshow actually being called and doing something, there's not much else I can do.  When you get another log, do a search in it for "[artist" (without the quotes) and make sure it's case insensitive.  If AS is called, you'll get at least a few lines in the Kodi log with that prefix).  Other than that the only thing I can suggest is to contact the skin authors and see if they have any insight.
I don’t see a search option when I open the log.
Thanks for all your help I really appreciate you taking your time to help

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-06-20

How you search depends on the program you use to open the log.  For most of the text editors I use <CNTL>-F (or CMD-F on a Mac) brings up a search window. For web browsers that often works for finding stuff on a page, so if you upload it to hastbin and then go look at it, that keyboard equivalent will likely work too.  If you're on a mobile, that will probably depend on the mobile OS and app.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lotte67890 - 2018-07-04

Hello again, still struggling with the same error... playing some artists will show no pics... which works with other skins without any problems... But, if I turn on Visualization the slideshow is displayed, it´s overlaying the visualization! When I then turn visualization off, the musics stucks till I press stop and play again...

Does that help finding the root cause?

Thanks

L

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lotte67890 - 2018-07-04

(2018-07-04, 00:33)lotte67890 Wrote: Hello again, still struggling with the same error... playing some artists will show no pics... which works with other skins without any problems... But, if I turn on Visualization the slideshow is displayed, it´s overlaying the visualization! When I then turn visualization off, the musics stucks till I press stop and play again...

Does that help finding the root cause?

Thanks

L

Sorry I was reffering to https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124880&pid=2598862#pid2598862

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-07-15

Artist Slideshow 2.1.3 Released
fix for issue when moving downloaded image files to an NFS share
fix for crash if the argument for the hash routine is not a string

This is available in my beta repo now and should appear in the main Kodi repo in the next few days.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - VelvetKevorkian - 2018-08-24

i'm having issues since the latest release.
Some instances cause ASS to get stuck on the last played artist's fanart.

Example:
Use party mode, end playback by holding back button on remote.
Start music playback again, instead of ASS it shows one fanart from the last played artist (no cycling through).
The only thing that solves it is restarting KODI.

I will try installing an older release of ASS over the weekend to pinpoint the exact version where it broke.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-08-24

(2018-08-24, 13:43)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: i'm having issues since the latest release.
Some instances cause ASS to get stuck on the last played artist's fanart.

Example:
Use party mode, end playback by holding back button on remote.
Start music playback again, instead of ASS it shows one fanart from the last played artist (no cycling through).
The only thing that solves it is restarting KODI.

I will try installing an older release of ASS over the weekend to pinpoint the exact version where it broke.
A debug log with debugging also enabled in Artist Slideshow would be helpful too.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tscholl - 2018-09-09

Quick question.  I just installed 17.6 and your Estuary mod.  Things were working but now I the Album cover track name and number never go away and are always displayed. 

Also can't seem to get to the full screen from the keyboard.   I'm sure this is something stupid but haven't figured it out. 

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-09-10

(2018-09-09, 21:02)tscholl Wrote: Quick question.  I just installed 17.6 and your Estuary mod.  Things were working but now I the Album cover track name and number never go away and are always displayed. 

Also can't seem to get to the full screen from the keyboard.   I'm sure this is something stupid but haven't figured it out. 

Thanks
Here are all the keyboard shortcuts for Kodi:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

I think for the album info thing you just need to hit 'M' when you're in the music visualization to get the album info to go away.  After that it should only show up briefly when a new song starts.  When you say "full screen" is that having Kodi take the entire screen of your computer?  That's the backslash key.  If you're talking about the music visualization in Kodi coming up, I don't think there is a key for that.  My mod has an option to open that automatically when you start a song.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tscholl - 2018-09-10

Thanks for you quick reply.  I was talking about the visualization starting when the song starts to play.  You said.

"My mod has an option to open that automatically when you start a song"

I haven't found that option.  Doesn't seem to be in addon settings.

Thank

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-09-10

(2018-09-10, 17:12)tscholl Wrote: Thanks for you quick reply.  I was talking about the visualization starting when the song starts to play.  You said.

"My mod has an option to open that automatically when you start a song"

I haven't found that option.  Doesn't seem to be in addon settings.

Thank
Sorry I wasn't clear.  The option to have the music visualization start automatically is a skin option, not an add-on option.  So if you go into the skin settings for my Estuary mod in the artwork section there is an option called "show music visualization screen directly when playing song." If you enable that then when you start a song the music visualization will come up automatically.