Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Bluebuster83 - 2020-01-06

Hi pkscout,

first, I would like to thank you for all your efforts, especially during the last days of holiday. Since 3 years I am using the AS for Kodi with my NUC N2820 and it was running pretty well, great job!

Now I have changed to LibreELEC 9.2.0, Leila 18.5, skin is Aeon Nox: SiLVO 7.0.8 and your AS-beta14.
I run into 2 questions I can´t help myself:

* During music OSD all pictures in the artist folder are shown by AS. For the fanartX.jpg, that´s perfect, but the thumb.jpg, banner.jpg and clearart.jpg are shown as well, which I would like to avoid. (same behavior in Estuary-Standard-Skin)
* For all artists where are no pictures available, AS is showing (random?) other fanarts of other artists. ["disable secondary and featured artist images" is enabled already]. Where/ how can I disable this? I would like to disable this, and show nothing instead, or a black background. (this behavior is just in Aeon Nox: SiLVO, Estuary runs perfect, which seems odd to me, because the settings of AS are the same and I can´t change anything AS-related in the skin settings of Aeon Nox...?)

Thanks for your help in advance,
BB

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-06

(2020-01-06, 12:13)Bluebuster83 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

first, I would like to thank you for all your efforts, especially during the last days of holiday. Since 3 years I am using the AS for Kodi with my NUC N2820 and it was running pretty well, great job!

Now I have changed to LibreELEC 9.2.0, Leila 18.5, skin is Aeon Nox: SiLVO 7.0.8 and your AS-beta14.

* During music OSD all pictures in the artist folder are shown by AS. For the fanartX.jpg, that´s perfect, but the thumb.jpg, banner.jpg and clearart.jpg are shown as well, which I would like to avoid. (same behavior in Estuary-Standard-Skin)
* For all artists where are no pictures available, AS is showing (random?) other fanarts of other artists. ["disable secondary and featured artist images" is enabled already]. Where/ how can I disable this? I would like to disable this, and show nothing instead, or a black background. (this behavior is just in Aeon Nox: SiLVO, Estuary runs perfect, which seems odd to me, because the settings of AS are the same and I can´t change anything AS-related in the skin settings of Aeon Nox...?)

BB
For the first one, if you have set AS to use the Kodi artist information folder for images (NOT a custom location that points to the Kodi artist information folder), it should be filtering out anything that isn't fanartX (basically what you want).  So if you have AS set to use the Kodi artist information folder and it's not doing that, I need to track that down.  Basically it you've setup the Kodi artist information folder, you need to tell AS that.  If you're using a custom location and need to filter out certain images, that isn't currently an option.  I can look at adding something though.

For the second one, I'm pretty sure that's a skin issue (especially since you're only seeing it with Aeon Nox Silvo).  If AS finds no images it sets no image and the skin probably takes over and shows the background. In the case of Aeon Nox Silvo that might be random artist images.  One possible workaround would be to have a folder that has a black image and set that folder as the fall back slideshow in AS.  That would then show a black image if no images are found.

If none of what I've suggested helps, could you post a debug log showing these two things happening?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Bluebuster83 - 2020-01-06

(2020-01-06, 18:05)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 12:13)Bluebuster83 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

BB
For the first one, if you have set AS to use the Kodi artist information folder for images (NOT a custom location that points to the Kodi artist information folder), it should be filtering out anything that isn't fanartX (basically what you want).  So if you have AS set to use the Kodi artist information folder and it's not doing that, I need to track that down.  Basically it you've setup the Kodi artist information folder, you need to tell AS that.  If you're using a custom location and need to filter out certain images, that isn't currently an option.  I can look at adding something though.

For the second one, I'm pretty sure that's a skin issue (especially since you're only seeing it with Aeon Nox Silvo).  If AS finds no images it sets no image and the skin probably takes over and shows the background. In the case of Aeon Nox Silvo that might be random artist images.  One possible workaround would be to have a folder that has a black image and set that folder as the fall back slideshow in AS.  That would then show a black image if no images are found.

If none of what I've suggested helps, could you post a debug log showing these two things happening? 
Hi pkscout,

once again, thank you so much for your very quick, friendly and helpful support! I don´t know any better assistance, even for paid services. Outstanding.

After changing to Standard Kodi artist information folder and rebooting, the first issue was gone.
For the second issue, I was not able to track this down, but the workaround with a full-black (1920x1080, called "fanart.jpg") in a separate fall back folder is working and I am fine with that.

So, finally everything is fine, due to your help. Thanks again!
Cheers,
BB

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2020-01-07

(2020-01-06, 22:07)Bluebuster83 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

once again, thank you so much for your very quick, friendly and helpful support! I don´t know any better assistance, even for paid services. Outstanding.

I agree. Thanks PK.

(Your previous answer to my query on duplicate slideshows was correct. It was a skin problem in Aeon Nox Silvo now resolved. THX!)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - MB1968 - 2020-01-07

(2020-01-04, 00:46)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 00:22)MB1968 Wrote: Here's the logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2pzqs6FyvY/

Let me know please if you find something that could cause the issue. Thanks in advance. 

It looks to me like you've turned on the override folder option and set it to /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/. That means AS will only show images in that exact directory (nothing below it). But it also looks like you've set the custom location for artist information to that same directory, which will create /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/ARTISTNAME/information to store the downloaded json files from the various services. So there's probably never any images in the directory you've set as the override folder.

You might want to take a little time and read through the AS wiki page (link in my signature) for the settings and then maybe set AS back to it's default and start clean. But basically the override option will show the same exact slideshow for every artist. It's mostly for if you have something like a slideshow of family images you want to show with music in the background. If you want artist images downloaded you need to make sure the override option is OFF and turn on at least one of the artist fanart services in the IMAGES tabs of the settings. You can let AS store everything in the addon_data folder or change to a custom location if you really want to.
Thanks for helping me setting up ASS correctly. I'm still experiencing some small issues and have reported them to the developer of the AeonMQ7 Leia (@latts9923). I'll wait patiently for the next skin update to see if it will solve the following issues:
1. The fallback slide show does not start. The randomly named images for the fallback slideshow are located in a subfolder. Can ASS handle with this scenario?
2. The artist slideshow only starts, when extrafanart is enabled in the skin menu. If I remember correctly, the artist slideshow in ASS version 2.xx also worked fine just with having default fanart enabled in the skin.

Cheers

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pulsar124 - 2020-01-07

I'd like to thank pkscout for this great add-on. I've made a big progress with it in my quest to showcase the large (>15,000 images) collection of my photos in proper 4K resolution on my 4K TV. Specifically, for years I was baffled by the inability of Android to properly display 4K images, on multiple TV boxes I tried (from cheapest to the top of the line). Yesterday I discovered the solution - using CoreELEC (which is a stripped down Linux + Kodi) instead of Android on my TV box. Installation was dead easy (fortunately they had an official firmware for my player - Beelink GT King).

There is still one remaining issue though - my images under AS are displayed with a much lower contrast. I had this issue under Android, it was the same under CoreELEC, and then finally this morning I reproduced it on my Windows 10 desktop (I installed Kodi there just to test it). BTW, in all cases I used the default (Estuary) skin of Kodi Leia, with and without the pkscout's Estuary Leia skin mod. My images are just regular jpeg files.

Pkscout - can you please do the following test with your add-on: first display an image under AS, and then - using the Pictures feature of Kodi? On all platforms I tried (including Windows), images seen in the Pictures tab have proper brightness and contrast, but under AS - have much lower contrast. I don't really know much about Kodi, but my speculation is that perhaps there is a foreground semi-transparent skin present when AS slideshow is running, making all images look dull. May be you can give me some pointers, so I could try to experiment with this myself? Basically, all the places where Kodi sets skin colors and transparencies.

EDIT: I just noticed a tip from jjd-uk on my post in the Leia sub-forum, suggesting the fix (changing colourdiffusion in MusicVisualization.xml file): https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350672&pid=2914153#pid2914153  . I'll give it a try, and report back.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-07

(2020-01-07, 14:24)MB1968 Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 00:46)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 00:22)MB1968 Wrote: Here's the logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2pzqs6FyvY/

Let me know please if you find something that could cause the issue. Thanks in advance. 

It looks to me like you've turned on the override folder option and set it to /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/. That means AS will only show images in that exact directory (nothing below it). But it also looks like you've set the custom location for artist information to that same directory, which will create /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/ARTISTNAME/information to store the downloaded json files from the various services. So there's probably never any images in the directory you've set as the override folder.

You might want to take a little time and read through the AS wiki page (link in my signature) for the settings and then maybe set AS back to it's default and start clean. But basically the override option will show the same exact slideshow for every artist. It's mostly for if you have something like a slideshow of family images you want to show with music in the background. If you want artist images downloaded you need to make sure the override option is OFF and turn on at least one of the artist fanart services in the IMAGES tabs of the settings. You can let AS store everything in the addon_data folder or change to a custom location if you really want to. 
Thanks for helping me setting up ASS correctly. I'm still experiencing some small issues and have reported them to the developer of the AeonMQ7 Leia (@latts9923). I'll wait patiently for the next skin update to see if it will solve the following issues:
1. The fallback slide show does not start. The randomly named images for the fallback slideshow are located in a subfolder. Can ASS handle with this scenario?
2. The artist slideshow only starts, when extrafanart is enabled in the skin menu. If I remember correctly, the artist slideshow in ASS version 2.xx also worked fine just with having default fanart enabled in the skin.

Cheers 

For #1, no, AS doesn't look in sub-folders for images.  The fallback folder needs to be set to a folder with images in it.  I thought that was always the case, but it is possible (based on some other comments) that the old multi-image control the skins use would search sub-folders.  I don't think it did, but I never tried it.

For #2, that's a skin thing.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Ronny3 - 2020-01-07

Super, Thank you very much, pkscout for the new option in the newest Beta to have two pop up displayed when downloading artwork. Nod Smile

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-07

(2020-01-07, 19:36)Ronny3 Wrote: Super, Thank you very much, pkscout for the new option in the newest Beta to have two pop up displayed when downloading artwork. Nod Smile
It's funny how features you swear nobody really used and remove end up being the ones people liked.  Glad folks spoke up so I knew to add it back.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pulsar124 - 2020-01-07

In this other thread, it was reported that fanart images can be made look exactly like when viewed from Pictures tab (the same contrast), when colordiffuse="88FFFFFF" parameter is deleted in a couple of lines in MusicVisualisation.xml (with no AS installed). That suggests that the low contrast issue originates somewhere inside the AS code.

EDIT: it looks like the culprit was found - the single line <include>ColoredBackgroundImages</include> in MusicVisualisation.xml . (Both inside the official Estuary skin, and the pkscout's skin mod.) Once this line is deleted/commented out, full fanart contrast/brightness is restored.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pulsar124 - 2020-01-08

Hi @pkscout

Could you please look into one more issue? It looks like when one listens to multiple songs in a row, AS restarts the slideshow every time a new song starts. Normally it shouldn't be a problem, but with my large collection of images (15,000), every time a new song starts I get ~1 minute of black screen. So overall I only see my photos half of the time Sad Any chance this behaviour can be changed - so that a slideshow is initiated only once (when the first song starts playing), and then stops only when the music stops (either because it reached the end of the song list, or because I pressed the stop button)?

Two more points are more minor. First, it'd be great if every time a new song starts the music player stuff would not come on top of the slideshow (with the music fanart, song title, player buttons etc). So basically I want my slideshow to be uninterrupted: the focus is the images, music is just background.

Second, when I pause music, slideshow keeps running. Ideally, one would want the slides to pause as well - e.g. when you want to spend more time showing a particular photo to your guests.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-08

(2020-01-08, 16:38)pulsar124 Wrote: Could you please look into one more issue? It looks like when one listens to multiple songs in a row, AS restarts the slideshow every time a new song starts. Normally it shouldn't be a problem, but with my large collection of images (15,000), every time a new song starts I get ~1 minute of black screen. So overall I only see my photos half of the time Sad Any chance this behaviour can be changed - so that a slideshow is initiated only once (when the first song starts playing), and then stops only when the music stops (either because it reached the end of the song list, or because I pressed the stop button)?

The only use case where the slideshow could keep running is if you're using the override option to show a set of images instead of any artist images.  I'll take a look to see if I can figure out how to keep the slideshow running in that case.  Given that AS 3.1.0 just released this will have to wait until the next release.  The Kodi folks don't like to have addons updated frequently, so I'd say at least a month to 6 weeks for another release (although I can do betas as frequently as I want).

(2020-01-08, 16:38)pulsar124 Wrote: Two more points are more minor. First, it'd be great if every time a new song starts the music player stuff would not come on top of the slideshow (with the music fanart, song title, player buttons etc). So basically I want my slideshow to be uninterrupted: the focus is the images, music is just background.

That's a skin decision.  I know the Estuary skin pops that up when I song starts, but I'm not sure about other skins.  The question of how to stop that from happening would be best asked in the skin support area for whatever skin you're using.

(2020-01-08, 16:38)pulsar124 Wrote: Second, when I pause music, slideshow keeps running. Ideally, one would want the slides to pause as well - e.g. when you want to spend more time showing a particular photo to your guests.

I'll add that to the list as a potential option that could be enabled for the next release.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pulsar124 - 2020-01-08

Thanks for looking into this! I can wait, no problem. Indeed, I am running AS with the override option (poitnting to my large collection of 4K jpegs in a Samba share).

And I just posted my second question (about music player popping up every time a new song starts) in the Estuary skin thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350806

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - MB1968 - 2020-01-08

(2020-01-07, 19:34)pkscout Wrote: [quote="MB1968" pid='2914426' dateline='1578399867']
[quote="pkscout" pid='2913334' dateline='1578091618']

For #1, no, AS doesn't look in sub-folders for images.  The fallback folder needs to be set to a folder with images in it.  I thought that was always the case, but it is possible (based on some other comments) that the old multi-image control the skins use would search sub-folders.  I don't think it did, but I never tried it.

The fallback slideshow does not work on my side when the images are located in a rootfolder. But thanks for explaining the correct settings. I'll just have to wait for the next skin update.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-08

(2020-01-08, 19:34)MB1968 Wrote:
(2020-01-07, 19:34)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-07, 14:24)MB1968 Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 00:46)pkscout Wrote: For #1, no, AS doesn't look in sub-folders for images.  The fallback folder needs to be set to a folder with images in it.  I thought that was always the case, but it is possible (based on some other comments) that the old multi-image control the skins use would search sub-folders.  I don't think it did, but I never tried it.

The fallback slideshow does not work on my side when the images are located in a rootfolder. But thanks for explaining the correct settings. I'll just have to wait for the next skin update.

Could you post a debug log (both Kodi and AS debug logging on) of the fallback images not working?