Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2020-06-16

@pkscout Version 3 supports album art. How many images can be added? Is there default naming rules. The wiki is not clear on this. I’m wondering if this would support scans of album booklets etc.

And, thanks for all you work once again. My favourite add-on!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-06-16

(2020-06-16, 09:05)HomerJau Wrote: @pkscout Version 3 supports album art. How many images can be added? Is there default naming rules. The wiki is not clear on this. I’m wondering if this would support scans of album booklets etc.

And, thanks for all you work once again. My favourite add-on!
Are you saying you think version 3 of Artist Slideshow supports album art?  It doesn't.  No version of AS supports downloading album art.  I think there might be a couple places where it loads an image URL for the skin to use, but I'm not even sure those work anymore (especially if they are from last.fm).

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2020-06-17

(2020-06-16, 23:02)pkscout Wrote: Are you saying you think version 3 of Artist Slideshow supports album art?  It doesn't.  No version of AS supports downloading album art.  I think there might be a couple places where it loads an image URL for the skin to use, but I'm not even sure those work anymore (especially if they are from last.fm).

From the AS wiki: Alums can have Album images. Just asking about the number of and names, any name and number?

7.1 Directory Structure
To override the downloaded information, you need to create another directory in the folder you defined in the settings as the Local artist folder. Your folder structure will look something like this:
<artistname>
extrafanart
override
albums (folder with artist album art)
albumname.jpg (any XBMC image type supported)
anotheralbumname.jpg

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-06-17

(2020-06-17, 06:39)HomerJau Wrote:
(2020-06-16, 23:02)pkscout Wrote: Are you saying you think version 3 of Artist Slideshow supports album art?  It doesn't.  No version of AS supports downloading album art.  I think there might be a couple places where it loads an image URL for the skin to use, but I'm not even sure those work anymore (especially if they are from last.fm).

From the AS wiki: Alums can have Album images. Just asking about the number of and names, any name and number?

7.1 Directory Structure
To override the downloaded information, you need to create another directory in the folder you defined in the settings as the Local artist folder. Your folder structure will look something like this:
<artistname>
extrafanart
override
albums (folder with artist album art)
albumname.jpg (any XBMC image type supported)
anotheralbumname.jpg
Ah, I didn't realize you were doing overrides.  One album image named with the album name. You can use any image extension Kodi supports.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2020-06-17

Thanks PK. I was hoping this would support multiple art per album. Thinking this might be a way to implement album specific art in the Artist Slideshow. My requirement being to add my own album art for album inner cover scans (gatefold LPs), booklet scans, studio recording photos, liner notes etc).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - User 282437 - 2020-06-22

Hi
Referencing the wiki page I have managed to successfully modify MusicVisualization.xml to get  AS to run in the Confluence skin, Kodi 18.n - that seems to be working fine.

However, displayed images don't seem to be scaling. Is there any remedy for that?

Nevermind. Found what I needed in the Kodi API documentation

Thanks

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - RobinTW - 2020-06-26

Feature Request for @pkscout 

Is it possible to add an option for Fallback to show album's cover picture?

thanks a lot.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-06-26

(2020-06-26, 10:19)RobinTW Wrote: Feature Request for @pkscout 

Is it possible to add an option for Fallback to show album's cover picture?

thanks a lot.
Sorry, no.  Album art is a whole 'nother kind of beast that is totally different than artist images.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - DaveBlake - 2020-07-07

(2020-06-17, 22:41)HomerJau Wrote: Thanks PK. I was hoping this would support multiple art per album. Thinking this might be a way to implement album specific art in the Artist Slideshow. My requirement being to add my own album art for album inner cover scans (gatefold LPs), booklet scans, studio recording photos, liner notes etc).

@HomerJau for booklets etc. how about what @black_eagle has done here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335000&pid=2928523#pid2928523

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2020-07-07

Thanks for posting this @DaveBlake

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - ChickenLicken - 2020-07-13

Currently running Kodi 18.7, with the default Estuary skin and Artist Slideshow v3.2.2

I run the ProjectM Visualisation with the "Show Fanart Background" option enabled, which works a treat

However, when no artist image is found, is it possible to prevent the default background from displaying, so that the visualisation takes precedence?

I believe I recall that this was the default behaviour for version 2 (i might be mistaken!).

Also, does anyone know what file and section I need to edit so that the artist bio shows on the default Estuary skin?

Thanks

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-07-13

(2020-07-13, 10:16)ChickenLicken Wrote: Currently running Kodi 18.7, with the default Estuary skin and Artist Slideshow v3.2.2

I run the ProjectM Visualisation with the "Show Fanart Background" option enabled, which works a treat

However, when no artist image is found, is it possible to prevent the default background from displaying, so that the visualisation takes precedence?

I believe I recall that this was the default behaviour for version 2 (i might be mistaken!).

Also, does anyone know what file and section I need to edit so that the artist bio shows on the default Estuary skin?

Thanks
What happens if there is no AS image is up to the skin.  If you want to see nothing when there is no artist image, there are two choices.  In AS you could set the fallback to a folder with a single black image (or whatever "not the default background" image you wanted).  For Estuary, to keep the skin from showing anything if there is no AS image, you'd need to remove the following from Musicvisualization.xml:

xml:

<control type="image">
                <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
                <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
                <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
                <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
            </control>

For the artist bio, it depends on where you want it to show.  If you want it to show whenever you bring up the visualization screen, MusicVisualization.xml.  If you only want to see it when you bring up the info overlay (with the album art, name of song/album, seekbar, etc), then it's MusicOSD.xml.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - ChickenLicken - 2020-07-14

That has done the trick...thanks for that!

i will look into implementing the artist bio in the MusicOSD.xml file once I work out how it works...

The only other bit I need to work out is how to add a "current playlist/ go to playlist" button in the music OSD menu and I am set

I can't understand why the default Estuary skin doesn't have this by default, or else it would be the perfect skin.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - docwra - 2020-07-16

@pkscout could you PM me the TheAudioDB api key you are using so I can re-enable it?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-07-16

(2020-07-16, 12:00)docwra Wrote: @pkscout could you PM me the TheAudioDB api key you are using so I can re-enable it?
Sorry, I didn't realize you were the site maintainer for TheAudioDB, so the original post that was here probably made no sense.  Yes, I will send you my old key.  I did sign up for a new account, so hopefully that doesn't mess things up.  BTW, I am planning on doing the Patreon stuff, but I'm currently unemployed because of COVID-19, so funds are a bit tight.