Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Karellen - 2020-09-24

@peat

Please do not post logs in the forum. Use Kodi Paste Site

Also provide the full Debug Log always.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-09-24

(2020-09-24, 01:21)peat Wrote: I have a problem with artist slideshow stopping after playing a few tracks. I first suspected a skin issue (Arctic Horizon) but after testing i nailed it down to only happen while hearing music trough the amazon media plugin. This plugin plays music from your prime music or unlimited account. However, it uses the videoplayer to play audio (paplayer has no cache and stutters). When starting playback the first track shows artwork, but when the next track loads it mostly stops AS. Sometimes it plays more than one track with artwork and fails later but it seems it mostly fails after the first song change. Here is the relevant log snippet from starting the first track until AS stops:

Without a link to a full debug log (including with the AS debug logging turned on), it's hard to tell, but my best bet is that when a track changes the music stops, and it takes long enough to start another track that AS decides there's no more music coming and stops.  You might be able to get around that by starting AS as a daemon at skin startup. See the wiki page for information on that option.  Be aware that you will probably have to modify the skin for that to work.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - peat - 2020-09-24

(2020-09-24, 18:30)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-09-24, 01:21)peat Wrote: I have a problem with artist slideshow stopping after playing a few tracks. I first suspected a skin issue (Arctic Horizon) but after testing i nailed it down to only happen while hearing music trough the amazon media plugin. This plugin plays music from your prime music or unlimited account. However, it uses the videoplayer to play audio (paplayer has no cache and stutters). When starting playback the first track shows artwork, but when the next track loads it mostly stops AS. Sometimes it plays more than one track with artwork and fails later but it seems it mostly fails after the first song change. Here is the relevant log snippet from starting the first track until AS stops:

Without a link to a full debug log (including with the AS debug logging turned on), it's hard to tell, but my best bet is that when a track changes the music stops, and it takes long enough to start another track that AS decides there's no more music coming and stops.  You might be able to get around that by starting AS as a daemon at skin startup. See the wiki page for information on that option.  Be aware that you will probably have to modify the skin for that to work.

Have to try a little longer, but it seems changing

<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>

to

<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)</onload>

in MusicVisualisation.xml seems to help. 🤔👌

Too bad this probably has to be done after each skin update. 🤷🏻‍♂️
(I still can try to provide a clean debug log if needed.)

Also had to set image storage platform to "windows" cause "other" seems to not replace illegal characters and causes errors creating directorys. 🤔
But now hopefully everything works as expected. 😎

Thx for the help. 👌

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-09-25

(2020-09-24, 20:51)peat Wrote:
(2020-09-24, 18:30)pkscout Wrote:

Have to try a little longer, but it seems changing

<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>

to

<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)</onload>

in MusicVisualisation.xml seems to help. 🤔👌

Too bad this probably has to be done after each skin update. 🤷🏻‍♂️
(I still can try to provide a clean debug log if needed.)

Also had to set image storage platform to "windows" cause "other" seems to not replace illegal characters and causes errors creating directorys. 🤔
But now hopefully everything works as expected. 😎

Thx for the help. 👌
You might be able to start AS in the autoexec.py for Kodi (although that's been depreciated for some time, so I can't say for sure how long it will keep working). That way you wouldn't have to mod the skin. When the skin runs AS, the new copy will notice that AS is already running and quit, then the daemon version will keep going and deal with the music.  I have on my list to look at making AS run optionally as a service, but I've got a ton of other stuff to do before I can even contemplate that.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - peat - 2020-09-25

Looks like amazon is encrypting the streams therefore it takes some time to start the next track. An that is probably sometimes too long for AS to recognise the new track and therefore it stops. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Running in daemon mode seems to fully solve this.
Will eventually try this autoexec.py thing if Arctic Horizon starts to update daily again. 😃

Would be really cool if AS could be setup like this without changing skin files somewhere in the future when you find the time to implement.

Anyways, i'm glad it works now.
Thanks for the the great support and the beautiful Artist Slideshow Addon. 👍👍👍

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - kanti - 2020-09-27

Hi 
I have AS with Aeon Nox Silvo , Mibox-Android.
It works fine, but I don't know why aren't any photo of "Armand van Helden". I checked on fanart.tv, and there's 6 photo background. The name of my file and ID3 is ok. AS should download from fanart.tv and audiodb.com. Inversly situation is with artist: "C-Bool", there aren't any photo in fanart.tv, but one photo is displayed in AS. Can anyone explain it ?

second
I noticed that when filename mp3 or ID3 of artist is with "&", ex "Calvin Harris & Disciples" AS isn't displayed any photo, while i change name file or ID3 to "Calvin Harris feat. Disciples" AS show photos properly.
Is difference when file include "&" or "feat." ?

third
Is possibility to show rotating CD ART next to Album cover  in Aeon nox silvo ?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-09-28

(2020-09-27, 14:20)kanti Wrote: I have AS with Aeon Nox Silvo , Mibox-Android.
It works fine, but I don't know why aren't any photo of "Armand van Helden". I checked on fanart.tv, and there's 6 photo background. The name of my file and ID3 is ok. AS should download from fanart.tv and audiodb.com. Inversly situation is with artist: "C-Bool", there aren't any photo in fanart.tv, but one photo is displayed in AS. Can anyone explain it ?

I'd need a full log with debug logging turned on both in Kodi as well as the AS settings to help with that.

Quote:second
I noticed that when filename mp3 or ID3 of artist is with "&", ex "Calvin Harris & Disciples" AS isn't displayed any photo, while i change name file or ID3 to "Calvin Harris feat. Disciples" AS show photos properly.
Is difference when file include "&" or "feat." ?

feat. (or ft.) are the two supported ways to have multiple artists. & is used in band names fairly frequently, so AS can't reliably separate based on that.

Quote:third
Is possibility to show rotating CD ART next to Album cover  in Aeon nox silvo ?

That's a question best asked in the Aeon Nox Silvo skin thread.  AS has no control over that.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - kanti - 2020-10-03

(2020-09-28, 23:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-09-27, 14:20)kanti Wrote:  

I'd need a full log with debug logging turned on both in Kodi as well as the AS settings to help with that.

Quote: 

feat. (or ft.) are the two supported ways to have multiple artists. & is used in band names fairly frequently, so AS can't reliably separate based on that.

Quote: 

That's a question best asked in the Aeon Nox Silvo skin thread.  AS has no control over that.
Thanks for answer.
1 - there is not such a problem - I don't know how to log. I don't know Kodi so much. forget it.
2 - that's was I suspected, I decided to change name of file and problem solved.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - kanti - 2020-10-03

is in AS option, when there isn't any photo to download from fanart or other pages, to show random photo of my another artist form my library ?

@pkscout can we talk private, I want to ask You about AS ?  I can't see on profile to send a prive message.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-10-04

(2020-10-03, 16:57)kanti Wrote: is in AS option, when there isn't any photo to download from fanart or other pages, to show random photo of my another artist form my library ?

@pkscout can we talk private, I want to ask You about AS ?  I can't see on profile to send a prive message.
There is no an option to do random artist photos, but there is an option to designate a fallback folder. That has to be a folder of images though (not a folder full of artist folders), so to approximate what you want you'd have to copy some or all of your artist images into that fallback folder.

As for PMs, I think the forum may only allow you to send PMs after you reach a certain post count. And generally I don't like to do PMs for support or feature requests, as someone else almost invariably has the same question/suggestion. Feel free to post questions/suggestions here in this thread.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2020-10-04

(2020-10-04, 04:03)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-10-03, 16:57)kanti Wrote: is in AS option, when there isn't any photo to download from fanart or other pages, to show random photo of my another artist form my library ?

There is no an option to do random artist photos, but there is an option to designate a fallback folder. That has to be a folder of images though (not a folder full of artist folders), so to approximate what you want you'd have to copy some or all of your artist images into that fallback folder.

As for PMs, I think the forum may only allow you to send PMs after you reach a certain post count. And generally I don't like to do PMs for support or feature requests, as someone else almost invariably has the same question/suggestion. Feel free to post questions/suggestions here in this thread.
I I set up the fallback folder with images in it. Does AS display starting with the first image and cycle round the images in the fallback folder until it finds an online image, most likely when the playing song/artist changes?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-10-04

(2020-10-04, 09:07)Jeffers24 Wrote: I I set up the fallback folder with images in it. Does AS display starting with the first image and cycle round the images in the fallback folder until it finds an online image, most likely when the playing song/artist changes?

AS randomizes the images when it loads them and then again any time it runs out of images to display. That's true for artist images as well as the fallback folder. Anytime an artist changes, AS will stop the current slideshow, look for artist images, and use the fallback if needed. That triggers another randomization. If you have a huge folder of fallback images, it is possible there are some images that you'll basically never see. That's kind of the random part of randomization. '-)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2020-10-05

(2020-10-04, 22:28)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-10-04, 09:07)Jeffers24 Wrote: I I set up the fallback folder with images in it. Does AS display starting with the first image and cycle round the images in the fallback folder until it finds an online image, most likely when the playing song/artist changes?

AS randomizes the images when it loads them and then again any time it runs out of images to display. That's true for artist images as well as the fallback folder. Anytime an artist changes, AS will stop the current slideshow, look for artist images, and use the fallback if needed. That triggers another randomization. If you have a huge folder of fallback images, it is possible there are some images that you'll basically never see. That's kind of the random part of randomization. '-)

Thanks for responding.

My thoughts are to include some music art I like in the fallback folder for AS to display in the very few instances I have experienced where artist art is not found.

I get great artist art and information when playing CDs, MP3 tracks and digital radio, thanks for all your great work.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - yotoprules - 2020-10-13

(2019-12-04, 00:05)pkscout Wrote: There is a new beta release imminent if you are using my beta repo.  Please note that this version requires updated skin support.  If you are using Estuary in Kodi 18.5 or later, there is already support for the new version of Artist Slideshow included.  My Estuary mod also includes the necessary support.  If, after upgrading, your skin no longer displays images and instead only shows an upgrade message, please contact the skin author or see below for examples on how to fix it manually.

v.3.0.0 Beta
- rewrite to use a single image control instead of multi-image control in skin
- reworked settings
- added option to disable extranfanart folder
- added option to control time between slide transitions
- outdated language files removed, so AS is English only for now (sorry)
- removed option to have a pop up displayed when downloading artwork
- AS can now store images and information files in separate directory structure
- updated settings to allow for storing music in Kodi music folder
- AS now deletes empty artist information and artwork folders

In order to get the support for the new Kodi music artist folder to work, I had to fundamentally change the way AS displays images.  With 3.0.0, AS now uses a single image control to show artwork and programmatically gets the list of images *and* controls the timing and order of the slideshow.

Skin Updates
I'll show my Estuary update as an example.

Original Estuary code in MusicVisualization.xml (lines 17 - 32):
xml:

<control type="image">
    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
    <texture background="true" colordiffuse="88FFFFFF">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
</control>
<control type="multiimage">
    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <loop>yes</loop>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)</visible>
</control>

To get both 2.x and 3.x support, replace the above with:
xml:

<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
    <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)]</texture>
    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="multiimage">
    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <loop>yes</loop>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady)</visible>
</control>

Hi,
I am using the Aura theme which is outdated, I have searched all my drives for this "MusicVisualization.xml" file but it does not exist.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-10-13

(2020-10-13, 00:58)yotoprules Wrote: Hi,
I am using the Aura theme which is outdated, I have searched all my drives for this "MusicVisualization.xml" file but it does not exist.

Best to post your question in the support area for Aura.

https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295