Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-03-05

(2021-03-05, 12:58)RobinTW Wrote: There are two ALBUMARTISTS and one ARTIST in this track.  However when I play this track, I only get ARTIST, Johann Strauss, displayed.

If I want all three displayed, I need to edit ARTIST to Erich Kunzel / Cincinnati Pops Orchestra / Johann Strauss.  Can Artist Slideshow read those two ALBUMARTISTS and one ARTIST tags, and display all three without me editing the tags?  Thanks a lot.

It does look like I can query for the album information as well, so it is possible.  I will add this to the feature request list.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - RobinTW - 2021-03-06

(2021-03-05, 18:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 12:58)RobinTW Wrote: There are two ALBUMARTISTS and one ARTIST in this track.  However when I play this track, I only get ARTIST, Johann Strauss, displayed.

If I want all three displayed, I need to edit ARTIST to Erich Kunzel / Cincinnati Pops Orchestra / Johann Strauss.  Can Artist Slideshow read those two ALBUMARTISTS and one ARTIST tags, and display all three without me editing the tags?  Thanks a lot.

It does look like I can query for the album information as well, so it is possible.  I will add this to the feature request list.

Excellent!  Thanks a lot.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - MB1968 - 2021-03-06

(2021-03-05, 18:13)pkscout Wrote:

It would be nice, if you would combine this with a toggle: Prefer Album Artist.

Please check the message I posted at 10/29/2018:

- I have a lot of dj mix/compilation cd's. FanartTV and The AudioDB don't have images for most of the artists on compilation cd's. In this scenario the alternative slideshow kicks in. But I prefer to see the images for the albumartist for compilation cd's. Is this possible yet?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - laurent94jbl1 - 2021-03-06

(2021-03-05, 12:58)RobinTW Wrote: [font][font]Il y a deux ALBUMARTISTES et un ARTISTE dans cette piste. [/font][/font][font][font]Cependant, lorsque je joue ce morceau, je ne vois que ARTISTE, Johann Strauss, affiché. [/font][/font]

[font][font]Si je veux que les trois soient affichés, je dois éditer ARTIST à Erich Kunzel / Cincinnati Pops Orchestra / Johann Strauss. [/font][/font][font][font]Le diaporama de l'artiste peut-il lire ces deux balises ALBUMARTISTS et une balise ARTIST et afficher les trois sans que je modifie les balises? [/font][/font][font][font]Merci beaucoup. [/font][/font]

[font][font]ALBUM Ein Straussfest [/font][/font]
[font][font]ALBUMARTISTE Erich Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra [/font][/font]
[font][font]ALBUMARTISTES Erich Kunzel [/font][/font]
[font][font]ALBUMARTISTES Cincinnati Pops Orchestra [/font][/font]
[font][font]ALBUMARTISTSORT Kunzel, Erich, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra [/font][/font]
[font][font]ARTISTE Johann Strauss [/font][/font]
[font][font]ARTISTES Johan Strauss [/font][/font]
[font][font]AS 00[/font][/font]ARTISTES Johann Strauss ARTISTES Johan Strauss, AS
00 ARTISTES
BARCODE 89408009822
CATALOGNUMBER CD-80098
DISCNUMBER 1
DISCTOTAL 1
Telarc numérique
MEDIA CD
MusicBrainz> LBUMARTISTID 99845d0c-f239-4051-a6b1 -4b5e9f7ede0b
MUSICBRAINZ.ALBUMARTISTID d8fbd94c-cd06-4e8b-a559-76lad969d07e
MUSICBRAINZJXLBUMID 1851c70d-9a3c-4fed-9ca0-40c3ace1 c837
MUSICBRAINZRTISTID 8255db36-4902-4cf6-8612-0f2b4288bc9a
MUSICSRAINZ.RELEASEGROUPID 25a2bce8-68b6-387d-893f-c76l 7a99132f
MUSICBRAINZ.RELEASETRACKID 2da37050-09ec-450e-9347-ac6ef34b0312
MUSICBRAINZ.TRACKID 38a2f9e1-9db0-454f-8ee6-382lfa1b7950
ORIGINALDATE 1985
[font][font]ORIGINALYEAR 1985 [/font][/font]
[font][font]LIBÉRATION DU PAYS PUBLIÉ [/font][/font]
[font][font]AUX ÉTATS-UNIS [/font][/font]
[font][font]Album statutaire RELEASETYPE [/font][/font]
[font][font]SCRIPT Latn [/font][/font]
[font][font]TITRE Explosions Polka, op. [/font][/font][font][font]43 [/font][/font]
[font][font]TOTALDISCS 1 [/font][/font]
[font][font]TOTALTRACKS 12 [/font][/font]
[font][font]PISTE 1 PISTE [/font][/font]
[font][font]TOTAL 12 ANNEE [/font][/font]
[font][font]1985[/font][/font]
[font][font]Excellente idée, choisissez ListItem.AlbumArtist ou MusicPlayer.Artist, ou les deux; [/font][/font][font][font]-) ... j'écoute de la musique classique et les compositeurs sont tagués AlbumArtists !!! [/font][/font]

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - laurent94jbl1 - 2021-03-06

[font][font]Excellente idée, choisissez ListItem.AlbumArtist ou MusicPlayer.Artist, ou les deux; [/font][font]-) ... J'écoute de la musique classique et les compositeurs sont tagués AlbumArtists.[/font][/font]

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - lotte67890 - 2021-03-06

Hello again,  I've got two questions:
1. Is it possible to display the pictures in my fallback folder in a random order?
2. Since in general I have the screensaver set to dim after x minutes, is it possible to do not dim when artist slide show is running?

Thanks a lot
L

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-03-07

(2021-03-06, 19:49)lotte67890 Wrote: Hello again,  I've got two questions:
1. Is it possible to display the pictures in my fallback folder in a random order?
2. Since in general I have the screensaver set to dim after x minutes, is it possible to do not dim when artist slide show is running?

Thanks a lot
L
I'm pretty sure the fallback folder is showed in random order already.  As for #2, no I don't think so.  There isn't anyway I know of for an addon to take control of the screensaver.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Uatschitchun - 2021-03-12

Hey there. Love your addon :-)

2 questions:
1.) storage
Wouldn't it be possible to choose the Artist Information Folder AIF even for storing artists information? There's only addon dir and custom to choose from.
Is setting custom storage location to AIF give problems?

2.) if I remove the _imgdb.nfo for an artist, it would force downloading artwork again and add to already existing no matter if already present resulting in possible duplicates, correct?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-03-13

(2021-03-12, 22:20)Uatschitchun Wrote: Hey there. Love your addon :-)

2 questions:
1.) storage
Wouldn't it be possible to choose the Artist Information Folder AIF even for storing artists information? There's only addon dir and custom to choose from.
Is setting custom storage location to AIF give problems?

2.) if I remove the _imgdb.nfo for an artist, it would force downloading artwork again and add to already existing no matter if already present resulting in possible duplicates, correct?

1. The Kodi AIF folder is meant for images, not random stuff that is generated by addons.  I'm not sure what would happen if you store that information there.  If you really want to do that, you can use the custom option and point it to the same directory that your Kodi AIF is set to.
  2.  Yes, that is correct. Deleting that file will force a download of all that artist's images again.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Uatschitchun - 2021-03-13

(2021-03-13, 00:28)pkscout Wrote: The Kodi AIF folder is meant for images, not random stuff that is generated by addons.  I'm not sure what would happen if you store that information there.  If you really want to do that, you can use the custom option and point it to the same directory that your Kodi AIF is set to.

OK, thought because there's an artist.nfo stored...

Artist Slideshow Not Collecting Images - hurricane51 - 2021-04-02

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I've built 4 or 5 Windows 10 KODI systems, all with Artist Slideshow. In this case, it's using Transparency! on KODI 18.9. I've left it running playing music for known artists for hours and not one image was displayed. I've compared all the settings to my main KODI box and I haven't found a difference.

Do I have to give it a kick start or what?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - DarrenHill - 2021-04-02

@hurricane51 - your post/thread above has been merged into the main support thread for Artist Slideshow.

Just in case you were wondering where it had gone...

RE: Artist Slideshow Not Collecting Images - pkscout - 2021-04-02

(2021-04-02, 15:51)hurricane51 Wrote: I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I've built 4 or 5 Windows 10 KODI systems, all with Artist Slideshow. In this case, it's using Transparency! on KODI 18.9. I've left it running playing music for known artists for hours and not one image was displayed. I've compared all the settings to my main KODI box and I haven't found a difference.

Skins sometimes have a different way of kicking off artist slideshow (or enabling it).  I'd be happy to look at a debug log (with Kodi and AS debug logging on), but if it's only happening with Transparency! you might check in the support thread for that skin.

RE: Artist Slideshow Not Collecting Images - hurricane51 - 2021-04-03

(2021-04-02, 21:04)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 15:51)hurricane51 Wrote: I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I've built 4 or 5 Windows 10 KODI systems, all with Artist Slideshow. In this case, it's using Transparency! on KODI 18.9. I've left it running playing music for known artists for hours and not one image was displayed. I've compared all the settings to my main KODI box and I haven't found a difference.

Skins sometimes have a different way of kicking off artist slideshow (or enabling it).  I'd be happy to look at a debug log (with Kodi and AS debug logging on), but if it's only happening with Transparency! you might check in the support thread for that skin.
The Transparency forum didn't offer any solution to the problem. I looked at the AS Wiki and there's this instruction:

"If you want to manually add support for AS to an existing skin, you need to add/update a few things in MusicVisualization.xml.
To run the script:
<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>"

My questions are these:

Which MusicVisualization.xml (What is the path?)
Do I need add this line to the script or edit a pre-existing line?

RE: Artist Slideshow Not Collecting Images - pkscout - 2021-04-03

(2021-04-03, 06:26)hurricane51 Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 21:04)pkscout Wrote:

The Transparency forum didn't offer any solution to the problem. I looked at the AS Wiki and there's this instruction:

"If you want to manually add support for AS to an existing skin, you need to add/update a few things in MusicVisualization.xml.
To run the script:
<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>"

My questions are these:

Which MusicVisualization.xml (What is the path?)
Do I need add this line to the script or edit a pre-existing line?
That file is in the skin folder, which is in your userdata/addons directory. Where that is depends a bit on your platform.  I can't say whether you have to add the line or edit an existing one, since that depends on if the skin already has an onload section.