Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Longtime Collector - 2023-05-23

Resolved (but it will remain one of those mysteries of Kodi)
I removed the path redirection for thumbs ... no joy
I tried replacing / removing fanart.jpg and thumb.jpg (including removal of the album art) ... no joy
I copied the mp3 and reloaded it in a separate folder ... no joy
I renamed the mp3 to LS Jack - Test.mp3 and reloaded it to Kodi ... success
I renamed the mp3 back to LS Jack - LS Jack.mp3 and reloaded it back to Kodi ... success.

So some weird error in the database was causing the display of artistslideshow to crash the system ... but at least I have this fix in place.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtis-r - 2023-06-09

A while back I noticed that the fanart is very dimmed in the background (Estuary & Aeon Nox) during music visualization.  I've been tinkering with the Aeon musicvisualization.xml but can't find where this dimming occurs, so I thought I'd just confirm it's a skin function and not your great add-on. thanks.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2023-06-09

@curtis-r try to check if your screensaver is active in Kodi -  Appearance - Screensaver, using DIM or other. Turn Off, maybe solve it.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtis-r - 2023-06-09

Though I've had an issue in the past where a screensaver dimming would apply to the music viz despite the settting to not (and using Picture Slideshow screensaver, not dimming), the fanart dimming I'm currently disliking is immediate, not after a screensaver timeout.  But I just tried turning off the screensaver and it made no difference.  Do you not have dimmed background fanart during music viz in your skin?

EDIT: I still had in a separate folder a Nexus v20.0.0, Aeon Nox Silvio 9.0.0, Artist Slideshow 3.3.3 and the fanart is not dimmed.  My current system is Nexus v20.1.0, Aeon 9.0.1, Artist Slideshow 3.3.5.  I'm going to try moving-over an xml file from my old to new folder one at a time and see what happens.

Ends up it was a guisettings.xml issue.  I copied over my old one and the fanart backgrounds were no longer dimmed.  I then compared the new vs. old and made a couple of changes to my current/new xml, and now we are good. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Theiamania - 2023-06-11

Is there a way to show the images from fanart.tv AND the ones in the 'extrafanart' subfolder of the artist folder?

Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember that in previous versions this was possible but now I don't know how to do it.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2023-06-11

(2023-06-11, 19:58)Theiamania Wrote: Is there a way to show the images from fanart.tv AND the ones in the 'extrafanart' subfolder of the artist folder?

Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember that in previous versions this was possible but now I don't know how to do it.
A new install with the default settings will store all images in the userdata/script.artistslideshow directory.  If you go into the settings and then look at the STORAGE area of the settings, you can change the STORE ARTIST IMAGES IN setting to CUSTOM LOCATION and then specify the location with all the artist folders.

Anything you've already downloaded will be in the wrong place after that and be ignored, so you might just delete the folders in userdata/script.artistslideshow related to images and artist information.  That will force new downloads and put them in the right folder.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Theiamania - 2023-06-11

It's works! Thanks @pkscout for your support and work

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HeresJohnny - 2023-06-14

(2023-06-11, 20:10)pkscout Wrote: Image
In that screenshot there is an option for extrafanart(which I don't use). That doesn't appear in my options (running latest Kodi master) but in settings.xml "use extrafanart" is set to true.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Funky_K - 2023-07-23

Hi,
I'm running Kodi on Nvidia Shield with the Aeon Nox:Silvo skin.  Artist Slideshow visualization stopped working about 1-2 months ago.  When I play music now, the screen just goes black.  Occasionally, a single artist image will appear.  It's always the same image of The Beatles, but then the screen goes black again.
Any suggestions on how to get it working again?  All of my attempts have failed.
Thanks!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2023-07-23

(2023-07-23, 09:12)Funky_K Wrote: Hi,
I'm running Kodi on Nvidia Shield with the Aeon Nox:Silvo skin.  Artist Slideshow visualization stopped working about 1-2 months ago.  When I play music now, the screen just goes black.  Occasionally, a single artist image will appear.  It's always the same image of The Beatles, but then the screen goes black again.
Any suggestions on how to get it working again?  All of my attempts have failed.
Thanks!
We'd need a debug log (with both Kodi and AS debugging enabled) to be able to help you troubleshoot this.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Longtime Collector - 2023-07-28

When combining images from my Artist Slideshow folder into my Kodi Artist Information folder, is there a way to skip the thumb.jpg images during playback? Thumb.jpg images are not 16x9 like the bulk of my fanart images and detract from the experience.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Longtime Collector - 2023-08-03

Fanart in the default location (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\) keeps repopulating after I delete them. I have a custom location defined in the artistslideshow settings (M:\Music\ΩArtistSlideshow).  It's 10gb in 4900+ folders. I need the space on my c: drive.

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\ is pretty much empty (23 folders).

Any help appreciated.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Fuchs2468 - 2023-08-03

(2023-08-03, 19:53)Longtime Collector Wrote: Fanart in the default location (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\) keeps repopulating after I delete them. I have a custom location defined in the artistslideshow settings (M:\Music\ΩArtistSlideshow).  It's 10gb in 4900+ folders. I need the space on my c: drive.

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\ is pretty much empty (23 folders).

Any help appreciated.

Have a look at the settings of the addon, there you should find an option that limits the storage space of the downloaded images to a size of your choice. 
You should have no more problems with your storage space.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Longtime Collector - 2023-08-04

thanks for the quick response. i have plenty of space on my m: drive and wouldn't want to limit images being downloaded to that space.  does setting this limit only apply to the default directory or to anyplace the images are downloaded?