Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 20:54)moravec Wrote: ups... too early, still get black screen...

I'm sorry you're having this issue. From what I can tell looking at your log, your issue has nothing to do with Artist Slideshow. There is an error with your skin (in MyVideoNav.xml) causing the issue. If you look at lines 659 through 687 you'll see parsing errors due to a malformed XML file. You should see if there is a support thread for your skin and post there.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - kevjs1982 - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-27, 17:12)pkscuot Wrote: I think I found the problem, but since you cut out part of the log, I'm going to have to make an assumption about what you did. I believe what you did was go straight from listening to music to playing a TV show and didn't stop the music first.
That's almost certainly (99% confident) what I did.

Quote:You can get an updated version here.

I will take a look this evening.

Quote:P.S. Please don't post logs (or chunks of logs) to the forum. It makes the post and the log snippet almost impossible to read. You can use xmbclogs.com to post logs. And please don't cut out parts of the log, as it makes it hard to tell what's really going on.

No worries, have got used to needing to cut out stuff not related to the problem I am reporting (at least for the first report), didn't realise it might be something outside artistslideshow causing the problem! Will bare the xbmclogs site in mind for next time (if there is one that is!).

Thanks for the quick response and fix!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - moravec - 2012-08-28

pkscuot, well if I disable Artist Slideshow I don't have this black screen hang ever. So it is related to Artist Slideshow...

The hang is caused by:
699.20:55:55 T:1624 ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x013f3533: Reading location 0x5d2cd47c

Then T:1624 seems to be Artist Slideshow:

498.20:55:39 T:1624 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
499.20:55:39 T:1624 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - The source file to load is C:\Users\Subcentral\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pkscout-script.artistslideshow-677b3d2\default.py

Thanks.
Christian

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2012-08-28

@moravec, rename folder pkscout-script.artislideshow-577b3d2 to script.artistslideshow, and check if files are in the folder too, done.

C:\Users\Subcentral\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Regss - 2012-08-28

In visualization screen plugin works great. But I can't set this add-on to show slideshow in home screen. I use default Confluence skin in XBMC Eden.
I do not know where in the Home.xml file I need to add script:

Code:
<onload> XBMC.RunScript (script.artistslideshow, daemon = True) </ onload>

Can anyone help me to start the slideshow in home screen?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - kevjs1982 - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 07:53)kevjs1982 Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 17:12)pkscuot Wrote: I think I found the problem, but since you cut out part of the log, I'm going to have to make an assumption about what you did. I believe what you did was go straight from listening to music to playing a TV show and didn't stop the music first.
That's almost certainly (99% confident) what I did.

As a quick initial follow up, I tried playing a song, music video, then song without hitting stop and it did indeed get stuck on the first artist.

I then dropped the updated version in place this evening and restarted xbmc.
My initial tests are showing it's working fine now - Play a song, play a music video, then a different song and the artist has changed - it's also adding "script.artistslideshow: script stopped" to the log file now just before playing the video.

Once again thanks for the quick fix Cool

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-28, 08:29)moravec Wrote: pkscuot, well if I disable Artist Slideshow I don't have this black screen hang ever. So it is related to Artist Slideshow...

The hang is caused by:
699.20:55:55 T:1624 ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x013f3533: Reading location 0x5d2cd47c

Then T:1624 seems to be Artist Slideshow:

498.20:55:39 T:1624 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
499.20:55:39 T:1624 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - The source file to load is C:\Users\Subcentral\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pkscout-script.artistslideshow-677b3d2\default.py

I'll need a complete debug log. Three lines out of context help me not at all.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pepito62 - 2012-08-30

Hello,

I use the Aeon MQ3 skin.

I set the addon "artistslideshow" correctly. I fanarts that appear in the background in the "reader xbmc" (key "Tab").
To do this, I change MusicVisualisation.xml

My question:
How to display fanart in the background from the home screen?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - moravec - 2012-08-30

@pkscout

The entire debug.log was linked on post #270

here again:
http://pastebin.com/GBhD9dPW

But I will try what Wanilton suggested: rename the folder pkscout-script.artislideshow-577b3d2 to script.artistslideshow.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 15:13)moravec Wrote: @pkscout

The entire debug.log was linked on post #270

here again:
http://pastebin.com/GBhD9dPW

Here's the response I gave last time (in post 271). I feel it is still a valid response:
Quote:I'm sorry you're having this issue. From what I can tell looking at your log, your issue has nothing to do with Artist Slideshow. There is an error with your skin (in MyVideoNav.xml) causing the issue. If you look at lines 659 through 687 you'll see parsing errors due to a malformed XML file. You should see if there is a support thread for your skin and post there.

I also noted you are running the HD audio patched version of XBMC. I'd also suggest you try this with the official XBMC release with the Confluence skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pepito62 - 2012-08-31

"My question:
How to display fanart in the background from the home screen?"

Person to answer me?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 10:47)pepito62 Wrote: "My question:
How to display fanart in the background from the home screen?"

Person to answer me?

Artist Slideshow doesn't do any of the display work. It simply provides the mechanism for skins to show the images. You might want to ask that in the support thread for your skin. Or maybe someone in this thread that uses the skin you are using will respond.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pepito62 - 2012-09-10

This is what I did. Unfortunately, nobody answers.

thank

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - nessus - 2012-09-12

@ pepito62
You are already been advised to stop posting the same question in all threads.

For the last time... your request is skin related. I suggest you before posting to...

READ...
(2012-09-11, 22:44)MarcosQui Wrote: You are nearing the awaited moment.

I recommend everyone to install the new repository. On day 15 the skin will appear in the list.

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/repository.mq.zip
...AND BE PATIENT.

Cheers
Nessus

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Skank - 2012-09-18

Any idea why my slideshow artist is downloading only 5/10 times art to show?
Some i dont have art yet , and then sometimes it doesnt download either nor look for it