Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - BenAtNVS - 2012-10-05

does it possible to override the artist image slideshow only for some specific artist? (Not use the remote image for one artist in fact). I hope someone understand my question.
Thank a lot.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pepito62 - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-04, 13:43)pepito62 Wrote: I just installed XBMC 11.

I installed the addon "Artist SlideShow" 1.4.4

When I listen to a song and I go into "listen". TAB key

I get an error, here are the details:

What is the problem?

Quote:13:28:39 T:2292 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
13:28:39 T:2292 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
13:28:39 T:2292 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
13:28:39 T:2292 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 743, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 134, in __init__
self._use_correct_artwork()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 185, in _use_correct_artwork
self._start_download()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 342, in _start_download
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Notification("' + __language__(30300).encode("utf8") + '", "' + __language__(30301).encode("utf8") + '", 5000, ' + __addonicon__ + ')')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

13:28:39 T:2292 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
13:28:39 T:2292 INFO: Python script stopped

Person to answer my problem?

I looked at the name of the album / artist / song titles to see if there were any special characters but I have not found it!

Why a problem with unicode / encoding / utf8?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-05, 00:06)BenAtNVS Wrote: does it possible to override the artist image slideshow only for some specific artist? (Not use the remote image for one artist in fact). I hope someone understand my question.

In the add-on settings look for the grouping labeled "Slideshow." In there you can set the Image Priority to "Use local images first." Then anytime you have local images for an artist, those images will be used instead of downloading images. For any artist without local images, the add-on will try and download remote images.

What is the problem?

13:28:39 T:2292 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 743, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 134, in __init__
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 185, in _use_correct_artwork
self._start_download()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 342, in _start_download
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Notification("' + __language__(30300).encode("utf8") + '", "' + __language__(30301).encode("utf8") + '", 5000, ' + __addonicon__ + ')')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

There shouldn't be a problem with unicode in the notifications any longer, but if you go to the advanced settings and set Download Notification Type to None, you're issue should go away. I don't have time right now to check any further on this.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pepito62 - 2012-10-07

(2012-10-06, 22:19)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 00:06)BenAtNVS Wrote: does it possible to override the artist image slideshow only for some specific artist? (Not use the remote image for one artist in fact). I hope someone understand my question.

In the add-on settings look for the grouping labeled "Slideshow." In there you can set the Image Priority to "Use local images first." Then anytime you have local images for an artist, those images will be used instead of downloading images. For any artist without local images, the add-on will try and download remote images.

What is the problem?

slideshow = Main()
self._start_download()

There shouldn't be a problem with unicode in the notifications any longer, but if you go to the advanced settings and set Download Notification Type to None, you're issue should go away. I don't have time right now to check any further on this.

Exactly it works now. Why this option is the pluggin malfunction ?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - MassIV - 2012-10-11

Works like a charm. But have a question, sorry if i missed it somewhere.
Is there a way to check for when images are not found/displayed, no internet, ect.
So i can initiate a backup / turn off filters ect?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-11, 18:44)MassIV Wrote: Works like a charm. But have a question, sorry if i missed it somewhere.
Is there a way to check for when images are not found/displayed, no internet, ect.
So i can initiate a backup / turn off filters ect?

Sort of. Go into settings and then go to the advanced tab. Change the download notification type from NONE to text. You will then get a notification when AS starts trying to download artwork for any artist that it doesn't have cached. If it doesn't find any (which could also mean no internet connection), you'll get another notification about that. That failure notification usually comes pretty quickly after the download start notification, so you have to pay attention.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2012-10-13

Hey PK - no pressure but any idea when you might merge my pull & release? I am waiting on that before my next release and (inevitably) there's a few bug fixes I'd like to get out. But fully get you're moving and have no time, so this is just a friendly 'any time you're ready Wink '
'

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-13, 06:35)bossanova808 Wrote: Hey PK - no pressure but any idea when you might merge my pull & release? I am waiting on that before my next release and (inevitably) there's a few bug fixes I'd like to get out. But fully get you're moving and have no time, so this is just a friendly 'any time you're ready Wink '
'

I'm on the road for the next few days, but I found some time this morning to merge the code, update my github repo, and put in a pull request with the XBMC repo as AS 1.4.5. So it should get updated in the next few days. Thanks for your work on that issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtdwar - 2012-11-16

Thanks for the work you put into this plugin, great stuff.

I noticed a few pages ago the inclusion of "/" as a separator for collaborations. Seems to work well, nice inclusion. I do however have an issue with AC/DC. Can't find a way around it, some dude called AC keeps showing up in the fanart. Smile

any hints on how to bypass this appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 04:27)curtdwar Wrote: Thanks for the work you put into this plugin, great stuff.

I noticed a few pages ago the inclusion of "/" as a separator for collaborations. Seems to work well, nice inclusion. I do however have an issue with AC/DC. Can't find a way around it, some dude called AC keeps showing up in the fanart. Smile

So, oops. That's a bug. Actually, it's a design flaw, and there isn't a work around right now. I'll need to look at it this weekend, but I think what I'll have to do is set it up to separate based on " / " (note the spaces) instead of just the slash. The thing is, that wont quite match what the DBMS scraper does. So another option is not to separate on the slash at all. The last one is to allow for a local override file where you could put names that should not be split. That's e most flexible, but also the biggest pain for the user.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions before I dive into this?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - kiboy6 - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 05:25)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-11-16, 04:27)curtdwar Wrote: Thanks for the work you put into this plugin, great stuff.

So, oops. That's a bug. Actually, it's a design flaw, and there isn't a work around right now. I'll need to look at it this weekend, but I think what I'll have to do is set it up to separate based on " / " (note the spaces) instead of just the slash. The thing is, that wont quite match what the DBMS scraper does. So another option is not to separate on the slash at all. The last one is to allow for a local override file where you could put names that should not be split. That's e most flexible, but also the biggest pain for the user.

I think Artist Slideshow needs to continue to recognize the " / " divider (including spaces) as that is how the XBMC library recognizes[/quote] multiple entries in one field by default:

'[ Wrote:XBMC wikiI[/i]']For many categories, such as genres and artists, XBMC supports multiple values in the one field. By default it uses the character sequence " / " to divide the entry into multiple values. This divider may be changed via advancedsettings.xml.[/i]
(2012-11-16, 05:25)pkscuot Wrote: So, oops. That's a bug. Actually, it's a design flaw, and there isn't a work around right now. I'll need to look at it this weekend, but I think what I'll have to do is set it up to separate based on " / " (note the spaces) instead of just the slash. The thing is, that wont quite match what the DBMS scraper does. So another option is not to separate on the slash at all. The last one is to allow for a local override file where you could put names that should not be split. That's e most flexible, but also the biggest pain for the user.

I think Artist Slideshow needs to continue to recognize the " / " divider (including spaces) as that is how the XBMC library recognizes
multiple entries in one field by default:

'[ Wrote:XBMC wikiI[/i]']For many categories, such as genres and artists, XBMC supports multiple values in the one field. By default it uses the character sequence " / " to divide the entry into multiple values. This divider may be changed via advancedsettings.xml.[/i]
I think Artist Slideshow needs to continue to recognize the " / " divider (including spaces) as that is how the XBMC library recognizes
multiple entries in one field by default:

[quote= 'XBMC wikiI']For many categories, such as genres and artists, XBMC supports multiple values in the one field. By default it uses the character sequence " / " to divide the entry into multiple values. This divider may be changed via advancedsettings.xml.[/i]

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - kiboy6 - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 05:25)pkscuot Wrote: Anyone have thoughts or suggestions before I dive into this?

I think Artist Slideshow needs to continue to recognize the " / " divider (including spaces) as that is how the XBMC library recognizes multiple entries in one field by default:

'XBMC wiki' Wrote:For many categories, such as genres and artists, XBMC supports multiple values in the one field. By default it uses the character sequence " / " to divide the entry into multiple values. This divider may be changed via advancedsettings.xml.[/i]

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 12:02)kiboy6 Wrote: I think Artist Slideshow needs to continue to recognize the " / " divider (including spaces) as that is how the XBMC library recognizes multiple entries in one field by default:

'XBMC wiki' Wrote:For many categories, such as genres and artists, XBMC supports multiple values in the one field. By default it uses the character sequence " / " to divide the entry into multiple values. This divider may be changed via advancedsettings.xml.[/i]

Good enough. It looks like I wasn't following the spec before anyway I'll try and fix that in the next week.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Martijn - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 18:05)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-11-16, 12:02)kiboy6 Wrote: I think Artist Slideshow needs to continue to recognize the " / " divider (including spaces) as that is how the XBMC library recognizes multiple entries in one field by default:

Good enough. It looks like I wasn't following the spec before anyway I'll try and fix that in the next week.

Warning: things may have changed in Frodo

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-11-21

All,

I haven't yet fixed the issue with slashes in artists name. That's on tap for this weekend. I did install beta 1 of Frodo on my laptop yesterday and did a quick time of Artist Slideshow. It appears that as long as your Frodo compliant skin supports Artist Slideshow that you should be fine (i.e. I don't have to make any changes to AS to get it to work under Frodo). I'm hoping to post updated Confluence skin files for Frodo today or tomorrow. In the meantime the instructions on the wiki continue to be valid to get basic AS support into Frodo Confluence.