Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-06-12

That explains why its working at your end then but not here. Yesterday I just downloaded the add-on from the link in the forum post.

Today I have gone to the Github website and selected the Download this repository as a ZIP file option.

Now when I play any Sigur Ros tracks the add-on no longer errors, however no images are displayed in the slideshow window.

If I play another artist such as A-HA then the images are displayed OK.

There are lots of images available on Last.fm for Sigur Ros: http://www.last.fm/music/Sigur+R%C3%B3s/+images

Here is a log file for today: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27336

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-12

OK, well that's a step closer anyway. And I'm happy to help with anything other than unicode errors. '-)

I looked through you're log, and I'm seeing two things to check out.

1- On line 1236 I see that AS is requesting the image list from last.fm, but then on line 1238 AS logs that the site was unreachable. I just copied the URL from line 1236 of the log, and I get back a valid XML response from last.fm. Could you try doing that from the same location as your XBMC setup and see if there's something odd happening there?

2- On line 1054 (and repeated some other places), XBMC throws an error:
Code:
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: smb://WHS/Music/Sigur Rós/extrafanart/
This leads me to believe you may have some local fanart that you are trying to display as well, but for some reason XBMC can't load it. I see it's an SMB share on a Windows Home Server, so it might be worth checking on that as well.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-12

New Betas Available

I've got two betas available now.

There really aren't any changes to this, but I'm going to start numbering the betas so we can easy see if what version of the beta you are using. The current 1.5.1 beta is 1.5.1.010 and is available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip This version will ship soon as 1.5.2.

This is the next iteration of Artist Slideshow that will include the ability to read the MusicBrainz ID from the XBMC database (when there are versions of the scrappers that import that data). If XBMC doesn't return one, it will try and get one from the MusicBrainz web site. With that added support, AS will be able to support fanart.tv, theaudiodb.com, and any other site that requires the MusicBrainz ID for lookup.

As of today, I have experimental MusicBrainz and fanart.tv support enabled in 1.5.3.001. To use fanart.tv you have to go to the settings and enable it.

MusicBrainz support has been harder than expected, and I wanted to share what I'm doing so that the beta testers understand the limitations and see if anyone has any better ideas. To make best effort to get the right artist, I ask MusicBrainz for a list of recordings back based on the artist name and album name. The list I get back has a set of recordings along with any artist credited on the recording. If I find an artist name, I check it against the one I have. If that's a match, I use that MusicBrainz ID.

Why am I doing it this way?[/b] Well, if I asked for a list of IDs based just on artist name, I got back a list that very often didn't have the artist I wanted at the top (i.e. Adele the rock group instead of Adele the UK pop artist). And that particular list doesn't include any information I can cross check against. And even when asking for recordings, I *still* have to check against the artist (i.e. Duran Duran Rio gave me back in the mix some artist named Duran). Basically the MusicBrainz ID search is optimized to give you lots of results even if they aren't good matches when I want the one that is a perfect match. So during testing don't be surprised if you end up with some strange results, and if you do, get me a debug log so I can see what I can do to better narrow the search. Also, there are a number of (in my opinion) pretty mainstream artists that aren't in MusicBrainz. If you have an artist that isn't returning any art, please check MusicBrainz and fanart.tv to see if they are actually listed. I'm planning to go in myself to add ones from my collection, and I'd ask that you do the same.

If anyone is a MusicBrainz guru, I'd love to pick your brain to see how to get the most accurate possible results.

Anyway, the 1.5.3.001 beta is available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/musicbrainz.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-12, 22:43)pkscuot Wrote: OK, well that's a step closer anyway. And I'm happy to help with anything other than unicode errors. '-)

I looked through you're log, and I'm seeing two things to check out.

1- On line 1236 I see that AS is requesting the image list from last.fm, but then on line 1238 AS logs that the site was unreachable. I just copied the URL from line 1236 of the log, and I get back a valid XML response from last.fm. Could you try doing that from the same location as your XBMC setup and see if there's something odd happening there?

2- On line 1054 (and repeated some other places), XBMC throws an error:
Code:
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: smb://WHS/Music/Sigur Rós/extrafanart/
This leads me to believe you may have some local fanart that you are trying to display as well, but for some reason XBMC can't load it. I see it's an SMB share on a Windows Home Server, so it might be worth checking on that as well.

Hi

If I copy the URL from line 1236 which is:

Code:
http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?autocorrect=1&api_key=fbd57a1baddb983d1848a939665310f6&method=artist.getImages&artist=Sigur+Rós

in a browser it loads a XML webpage OK and I can see all the XML code etc, at the top of this page it says:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." which I presume is normal.

Regarding point 2 and the path smb://WHS/Music/Sigur Rós/extrafanart/ The Artist Slideshow add-on is not configured to use any local files just using the default settings etc and Use Remote Images First.

However Artwork Downloader add-on was setup to download artist extrafanart in to the local folders on the WHS. From the Windows 7 machine that was running XBMC I can browse to this folder OK and it contains 3x fanart images.

I have double checked the XBMC user account and my own user account and both have correct security permissions to access the folder.

If I view the Sigur Ros artist in XBMC, XBMC has cached these 3x fanart images and they are displayed / rotated OK as background fanart.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-06-13

This latest version seems to be crashing a lot more than usual.

Just started playing U2 Zoocoustic - Satellite of Love track and AS started displaying images OK, I then pressed Stop and it crashed.

Code:
11:37:59 T:6948   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('artist',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 782, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 133, in __init__
                                                self._use_correct_artwork()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 192, in _use_correct_artwork
                                                self._start_download()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 419, in _start_download
                                                self._wait( min_refresh - wait_elapsed )
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 455, in _wait
                                                if( self._playback_stopped_or_changed() ):
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 514, in _playback_stopped_or_changed
                                                if ( set(self.ALLARTISTS) <> set(self._get_current_artist()) or self.EXTERNALCALLSTATUS != xbmc.getInfoLabel(self.EXTERNALCALL) ):
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 493, in _get_current_artist
                                                artists = json.loads(response)['result']['item']['artist']
                                            KeyError: ('artist',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I also saw this in the log

Code:
11:40:30 T:1332   DEBUG: Trying to connect to \\WHS\Music with username(xbmc) and password(XXXX)
11:40:30 T:1332   ERROR: File::Open - unknown exception when opening smb://WHS/Music/U2/extrafanart/

I don't know why I am getting these errors, the XBMC user has modify access to that path.

Full debug log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27709

Thanks

EDIT: I then exited XBMC re-opened it, play the same U2 track again and it displays slideshow images again OK. I then press Stop and this time it does not crash.

Today with this latest version on my Windows 7 laptop, when playing Sigur Ros tracks its crashing again.

Although maybe its still not the correct code base you said "_use_correct_artwork starts on line 191" below from my log its line 170 !

How do we ensure I have the correct code base?

Code:
12:05:05 T:6776   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 782, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 133, in __init__
                                                self._use_correct_artwork()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py", line 170, in _use_correct_artwork
                                                log('current artist is %s' % artist.decode("utf-8"))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:05:05 T:7644   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
12:05:05 T:6776    INFO: Python script stopped

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but hoping to get to the bottom of the problem no pun intended.

EDIT: Does the same on the main Linux HTPC - If I install the current version of the add-on from the Github site and the reproduce the unicode error it says in the log: _use_correct_artwork starts on line 170 and not line 191.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-13, 13:19)cw-kid Wrote: Although maybe its still not the correct code base you said "_use_correct_artwork starts on line 191" below from my log its line 170 !

How do we ensure I have the correct code base?

I just tripled checked, and the link I have three posts up definitely downloads the most current 1.5.1 beta code for me. I've started numbering the betas, and the most current 1.5.1 beta is 1.5.1.010. You can either check that from within XBMC by viewing the add-on information (PROGRAMS --> ARTIST SLIDESHOW then bring up the context menu and select ADD ON INFORMATION) or by checking the version number in addon.xml. Both the issues you are having are almost definitely solved with that beta.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2013-06-13

@pkscuot, one alert only, site http://www.htbackdrops.com, is offline now. I don´t know impact in your addon, but I think have.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-13

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed that last week and am working now to add support for fanart.tv. See a few posts up for the status of that beta.

Re: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Quiptix - 2013-06-15

I have a strange program:
Versie 1.5.0 and the 1.5.1 version only work partially on Openelec 3.0.3 and 3.0.5.

In plain XBMC on a Mac it works without problem.

What is the problem:
I see that the plugin loads information of Last.fm and places it in the xml files in the cache dir of the plugin, however whatever configuration I use no pictures are downloaded and put into the cache and nothing is displayed on screen.

I have set the log to debug and there is really no clue on what is happening.

It is so strange that it does load the artist info but no pictures. The plugin mentions also that no pictures are downloaded...

I hope it is familiair to someone

Vincent

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-15

I'd be interested in seeing the debug log. Since I know the code pretty well, something may jump out.

Re: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Quiptix - 2013-06-17

I discovered that it is not related to Openelec. It has something to do with the 16:9 setting. I never get any images even when there is correct image. Disabling the setting gives me images. I only download from last.fm

Looking forward to a version supporting more sites.

Vincent

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-17

Yea, that's a bug that has existed since 1.3.0 and nobody (including me) ever caught it. I've fixed it in the 1.5.3 beta, and I'll backport the fix into the 1.5.1 beta so that the fix is included in 1.5.2 when it releases (which should be soon).

BTW, there is another long term bug that means that you can't download stuff from Last.fm if your artist has any unicode characters. I've fixed that in the 1.5.3 beta, but it's substantial enough that I won't be back porting that to 1.5.1. Sorry about that, but those of you with this issue will have to wait until 1.5.3 comes out of beta and is released as 1.5.4.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-17

New Betas Available

- Fix for the issue where selecting 16:9 aspect ratio resulted in no images being downloaded from Last.fm

Available at: https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

- available in English only during beta (because of string changes, Transifex will have to provide new language files).
- Complete rewrite of the musicbrainz support. Now AS asks for a list of artists using the currently playing artist name. AS then iterates through that list and asks musicbrainz for all the related information on the artist. AS then looks for a matching song or album name (based on what is playing). If AS finds a match, it returns the musicbrainzID, caches that ID locally, and stops looking. Otherwise it moves on to the next artist. MusicBrainz support is not currently working for streaming audio where the title of the song contains the artist and the song title. That is coming later.
- AS now uses theaudiodb.com by default for artist bio and albums (similar artists still come from Last.fm). For this to work a valid musicbrainz ID must exist for the artist and AS has to be able to find it.
- AS now supports download of images from fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com (you need to enable those in the settings)
- more unicode fixes so that artists with unicode characters in their name have results returned from Last.fm

available at: https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/musicbrainz.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-06-17

For some unknown reason, I can't seem to install version 1.5.1.011, tried on several machines, I download it and un-install the current version of the add-on and then install 1.5.1.011 but it still reports the version number as 1.5.1. I extracted the zip and looked in the addon.xml file and it says in there its version 1.5.1.011 but it never reports this in XBMC UI always says 1.5.1.

So I tried installing version 1.5.3.002 instead on my Windows 7 test machine, this works, it reports the new version number correctly in XBMC and I have the new fanart and audiodb features etc. I have not turned these on yet and have just left everything at default settings.

I seem to be getting image corruption on several artists I tried to play.

Also version 1.5.3.002 hasn't crashed as yet when playing Sigur Ros Big Grin But it seems to take some time for any images to appear in the slideshow window and when they do they are corrupted similar to the screen shot above.

Will try and install 1.5.3.002 on to the Linux HTPC see if what happens, many thanks!