Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-06-17

Some more observations with version 1.5.3.002. If I enable the setting to only download 16:9 images no images are displayed at all in the UI, also no .tbn files get created just a .nfo file, in the cached folder under: C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow

If I turn off the setting for 16:9 then .tbn files are created as well as the .nfo. But all the images for every artist I have tried to play so far are being displayed as corrupted.

I then turned off Download images from Last.fm and turned on Fanart.tv and theaudiodb and played a new artist I had not played before, again the images in the slideshow window were displayed corrupted. Not sure why this is happening.

Version 1.5.3.002 has crashed once so far whilst stopping playback of music.

Here is a debug log file for version 1.5.3.002 running on Windows 7, the XBMC on this machine is actually a nightly build from May 30th XBMC 13.0 Alpha 4, I had to install this particular version to test a PVR Client add-on I was looking at for live TV. The main Linux HTPC's round the house are all running XBMC V12.2.

Keep up the good work!Wink

I just installed version 1.5.3.002 using the default settings, on to one of the Linux machines running XBMC V12.2 the slideshow add-on seems to be working better on this machine the images in the slideshow window are not corrupted and look OK!

Maybe something with that Alpha build of XBMC then?

Will see how 1.5.3.002 works on the main HTPC in the living room.

Many thanks.

EDIT: Playing Simon & Garfunkel displays images of other people who are not them.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-18

(2012-03-13, 16:00)retro83 Wrote: Is there any way to limit the size of individual images? I ran WinDirStat the other day and noticed that I had several 30mb+ PNG files in the cache directory.

Thanks.

Not individual images, no. You can (in the advanced settings) set an overall limit to the cache. Once that limit is reached, the artist folder that has been around the longest will have it's images deleted, and AS will continue down the list until you are back under the cache limit.

BTW, if those images are files that actually end in .png, then I'm pretty sure AS didn't put them there. All the AS stuff gets downloaded as .tbn files (I think so they get pre-cached by XBMC).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-18

New Beta Available

v1.5.3.003 is available at: https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/musicbrainz.zip

v.1.5.3.003
- fix for artists with ampersand in their name
- fix for last.fm showing unexpected results

v.1.5.3.002
- artist bio and album list now come from theaudiodb.com by default (Last.fm as fallback)
- added download of images from fanart.tv
- added download of images from theaudiodb.com
- fix so that artists with unicode characters in name return results from Last.fm
- changed over to urllib2 for web downloads

v.1.5.3.001
- added musicbrainz ID support
- rearranged settings some to make options clearer
- dropped support for htbackdrops.com (site go

I have submited 1.5.2 to the XBMC repo, so that should be appearing in the next few days. Once that happens I'll move 1.5.3 to the master branch so that the Transifex folks can start translating the new strings.

(2013-06-17, 15:58)cw-kid Wrote: So I tried installing version 1.5.3.002 instead on my Windows 7 test machine, this works, it reports the new version number correctly in XBMC and I have the new fanart and audiodb features etc. I have not turned these on yet and have just left everything at default settings.

I seem to be getting image corruption on several artists I tried to play.

I don't run or test on any of the alpha builds. As you found, the images seem to display fine on 12.2. When the next version does go into beta, I'll start testing AS against those builds. That will likely be later this year.

Quote:Also version 1.5.3.002 hasn't crashed as yet when playing Sigur Ros Big Grin But it seems to take some time for any images to appear in the slideshow window and when they do they are corrupted similar to the screen shot above.
I copied and renamed one of my MP3s to look like a Sigur Ros song. So I can just about guarantee that Artist will work all the time now. Smile

As for the slow first images, there are two possible reasons. First, getting the MusicBrainz ID can be a very time intensive process. Depending on the response of the MusicBrainz server, it could take up to a minute just to get the ID back. That's mostly because I have to get back a list of potential artist matches and then ask for another file with all of one rtist's music to see if the potential artist is the actual artist. If it isnt, i have to ask for another file for the next potential artist. if the correct artist is seven or eight down, that can really add up. There's not much I can do about that, but I do have logic in there to break out of that cycle if the artist changes or you stop playing music, so at least it won't hang XBMC. The other thing is that both theaudiodb.com and fanart.tv have much higher quality fanart than last.fm or htbackdrops.com. So the image itself can take longer to download. My bet is that most of what you are seeing is the former issue and not the latter.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-06-18

Hi

Just tried to install v.1.5.3.003 to test artists with "&" in their name, I un-installed version v.1.5.3.002 and installed version v.1.5.3.003. But in XBMC it still says its version v.1.5.3.002. Not sure why I have these issues trying to update the add-on to a new version ?

I then extracted version 1.5.3.003 and uploaded the contents to this folder and rebooted.

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-musicbrainz

The add-on information in XBMC now correctly shows 1.5.3.003, so least I know how to do this manually now!

After looking in the folder location below, and deleting some of the sub-folders, I can confirm the images for Simon & Garfunkel are now correct!

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow

I then played Sting & The Police - and that seemed to work OK as well and only showed pictures of the correct artist.

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - dugan26 - 2013-06-19

Hi Love your addon -

Running Frodo and Ace - has anyone ever got wrong fan art playing with an artist?

My exact scenario:

(only sometimes this does not happen always)

I play an album like Thirty Seconds to Mars then when i go into full screen mode and my extra fan art starts to kick in, it is another artist other than Thirty Seconds to Mars.

If i kill XBMC and restart, it fixes the problem - then a few albums later it comes back.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-20

(2013-06-19, 23:03)dugan26 Wrote: My exact scenario:
(only sometimes this does not happen always)

I play an album like Thirty Seconds to Mars then when i go into full screen mode and my extra fan art starts to kick in, it is another artist other than Thirty Seconds to Mars.

If i kill XBMC and restart, it fixes the problem - then a few albums later it comes back.

I'd need to see a debug log to be able to help.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-20

New Beta Available

1.5.3.004 is available. With this release I have merged everything back into the master branch on github. That should trigger an update at Transifex so that the updated English strings can be translated. I'm rolling 1.5.3.004 into burn-in testing here. At this point I'm figuring a few weeks of extended testing plus waiting for updated translations. Hopefully by mid-July the official update to 1.5.4 will be out.

One thing to note about the streaming audio support. To find the musicbrainz ID I have to get an artist and all their release info from musicbrainz and then match that against the locally playing artist and album/song. With that combination I get back good results on a pretty regular basis. In the case of streaming support I only have artist and song to go on, and that leads to more times where no musicbrainz ID is returned. Just an FYI.

v.1.5.3.004
- fixed musicbrainz lookup so that it works with streaming audio as well

v.1.5.3.003

v.1.5.3.002
- artist bio and album list now come from theaudiodb.com by default (Last.fm as fallback)
- fix so that artists with unicode characters in name return results from Last.fm

v.1.5.3.001
- dropped support for htbackdrops.com (site gone)

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-21

New Beta Available
I know, I'm releasing betas faster than you all can comment on them. Big Grin

When I started the burn in testing, I found some artists that would return the wrong Musicbrainz ID. So I rewrote the Musicbrainz lookup stuff again (I'm learning more than I ever wanted to about the Musicbrainz API). Hopefully the third time really is the charm. The lookup now properly grabs all of the albums and songs for a potentially matching artist (before it only got the first 25 results). I also changed the logic so that it matches on artist name and album and then artist name and song. The results got much more accurate when doing it that way. Note that streaming music will continue to only match on artist name and song. I made a couple of changes to hopefully make that more accurate, but I've already seen two artists with the same song name and none with the same album name. So I think that means that images downloaded while streaming music are probably more likely to end up with odd (or no) results. I don't think there is much I can do about that given the limited amount of information provided by the stream combined with the way the MusicBrainz API works.

Anyway, it's available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

v.1.5.3.005
- completely rewrote musicbrainz lookup (again)

v.1.5.3.004

v.1.5.3.003

v.1.5.3.002

v.1.5.3.001

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-22

New Beta Available

Available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

v.1.5.3.006
- cleaned up musicbrainz parsing code
- added logic to better follow musicbrainz rules for API load
- fixed featured artist parsing
- brought some sanity to the unicode and url encoding of the last.fm urls
- fixed corrupt image downloads on Windows
- added check for local artist against musicbrainz aliases
- general code cleanup

v.1.5.3.005

v.1.5.3.004

v.1.5.3.003

v.1.5.3.002

v.1.5.3.001

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Pienoet - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-22, 21:09)pkscuot Wrote: New Beta Available

Available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

v.1.5.3.006
- cleaned up musicbrainz parsing code
- added logic to better follow musicbrainz rules for API load
- fixed featured artist parsing
- brought some sanity to the unicode and url encoding of the last.fm urls
- fixed corrupt image downloads on Windows
- added check for local artist against musicbrainz aliases
- general code cleanup

v.1.5.3.005

v.1.5.3.004

v.1.5.3.003

v.1.5.3.002

v.1.5.3.001

i uploaded my log to dropbox here is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y42tytjgwdrmc51/xbmc.log

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-24

Please don't post complete logs here on the forum, they clutter up the forum and its really hard to read them. Please follow these instructions for posting a debug log and then edit your post above. I won't be able to help until you do that.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Pienoet - 2013-06-24

it's weird i deleted the plugin and install it again and turned on my radio plugin and it works very wel now.

i posted my log cause it seems like there are still errors with the plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-25

Your second log definitely didn't have any errors or log notices I wouldn't have excepted. But this is beta software right now, so you're probably right that there are still errors. Smile

I have 1.5.3.007 about ready to go. I'm going to do some more testing tonight and then probably post it tomorrow for testing.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-25

New Beta Available

available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

v.1.5.3.007
- musicbrainz lookup ignores anything after '(' in title of local song or local album
- fixed structure of musicbrainz search to produce better results
- added advanced feature to exclude files from download
- now save musicbrainz ID in memory to reduce drive reads
- additional error catching across the board
- updated cache manager to leave .nfo files intact

v.1.5.3.003 - 006
various fixes

v.1.5.3.002

v.1.5.3.001

A brief word about excluding files from download. This feature has no interface and requires that the file you want to exclude is downloaded once so that you can get the name of the file. Basically in each artist's cache directory is a file called _exclusions.nfo (or at least the directory will include it once AS displays images for the artist the first time). You add to that text file any filename in the given directory you don't want downloaded. AS will then delete the file and not download it again.

This is something I've wanted for myself so that if there are one or two artist images I don't like I can still download new images for that artist. It works fine for what I want to do, so I'm probably not going to figure out any pretty GUI way of managing the exclusion files. It will be documented in the wiki, but I won't really advertise it other than that. Consider it an Easter Egg.