Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - noonzascript - 2014-02-19

Can anyone help me with entering the commands and scrips in MusicVisualisation.xml? Not sure where to put them.

I figured I'd have to do that since I always get a failed script error for artist slideshow every time I load up any song.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Bullsboy - 2014-02-19

1.6.x seems to have broken mine! Not working on any of my devices. I get an error message on my iPad but I can't see anything in the log related to it.

Edit: it's started working again. No idea why

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bolter - 2014-02-19

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on version 1.6.0 as the latest version seems to be broke. Had to revert back to 1.5.9 which is working fine but with a few features missing.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mrhyde1969 - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-19, 02:34)pkscuot Wrote: It would be great to see a debug log of the problem album.

Hi sorry here is debug:-http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=134426

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Bullsboy - 2014-02-20

I thought all was fine but it still throws an error. It is also only pulling artwork for the first song it plays. I use it on the radio addon and it is still showing Faith No More from 7 hours ago.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - riazrahman - 2014-02-20

pkscuot:

Hi, I'm trying to get AS working on a Raspberry Pi Model B running raspBMC and the Amber skin. I enabled AS in Amber by going to settings>advanced. However, when I play a song and enter the player, I only see the OpenGL Spectrum visualization on a black background, then after a few seconds get a Error.script failed.artistslideshow at the top.

I dug thru this thread, and in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124880&pid=1532338#pid1532338 , I saw that it was mentioned to click a gear icon in the music player and select fanart to potentially fix this problem on raspBMC. I am unable to find this gear icon in the player. I dont have a usb mouse; I use my android phone to control raspBMC and the only setting I can get to pop up is an empty box that says visualization presets. As a result, I couldn't finish the steps as outlined, but I did everything else. Is my error happening because of the Amber skin not being configured correctly on raspBMC, or because of your recent update? I'd appreciate any guidance or a link to point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much, this is a great add-on and should seriously be built into XBMC by default! If playing music didn't look so awful by default, I feel like waaaay more people would use XBMC to stream music to their home theaters.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtis-r - 2014-02-20

Does anyone else have an issue with the fanart sticking with an artist after you manually jump to the next song, while in music visualization? In other words, I skip songs, yet the fanart indefinitely remains with the previous artist. Even if I escape to the main menu, then go back to visualization. XBMC Gotham beta11.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - LEDFan - 2014-02-20

I'd like to know is this is hard coded somewhere or if it's possible to change the pictures for the following: Ended, Returning, IMDB ratings etc. I'd like to use my own pictures (in french) but I don't know how to do that or where to start from. Could somebody guide me a little bit?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bolter - 2014-02-20

(2014-02-20, 04:39)curtis-r Wrote: Does anyone else have an issue with the fanart sticking with an artist after you manually jump to the next song, while in music visualization? In other words, I skip songs, yet the fanart indefinitely remains with the previous artist. Even if I escape to the main menu, then go back to visualization. XBMC Gotham beta11.

If your using 1.6.1.1 then yes I did. Had roll back to an older version until it's fixed. Only problem it wants to update me all the time, so had to temporally disable that feature for now.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-02-20

NEW BETA AVAILABLE

Fixes a problem where a timeout from a remote server causes a crash (see this bug in requests).

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

For those looking for a 1.6.x version that works, this is the best one to use.

(2014-02-20, 04:39)curtis-r Wrote: Does anyone else have an issue with the fanart sticking with an artist after you manually jump to the next song, while in music visualization? In other words, I skip songs, yet the fanart indefinitely remains with the previous artist. Even if I escape to the main menu, then go back to visualization. XBMC Gotham beta11.

I have yet to do any testing on Gotham as, to my knowledge, it has not yet reached beta (although I see you have indicated you are running beta 11). I would be happy to look at a debug log to see if anything jumps out, but I'm not seeing that behavior on 1.6.1.1 or later on Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - warlion - 2014-02-20

(2014-02-20, 04:51)LEDFan Wrote: I'd like to know is this is hard coded somewhere or if it's possible to change the pictures for the following: Ended, Returning, IMDB ratings etc. I'd like to use my own pictures (in french) but I don't know how to do that or where to start from. Could somebody guide me a little bit?

That's actually meant for TV show next aired script but you fomd that on media/tvguide on your Aeon nox skin

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - sveni_lee - 2014-02-20

thanks pkscout...

I tried a lidle bit with radio addon and it works for me...
So it seems all problems solved...

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bolter - 2014-02-20

I have tried a number of different versions here are the results for me -
Ver. 1.5.9 works fine
Ver. 1.6.0 works fine
Even ver. 1.6.1 works fine until I reboot then it crashes. But for me versions 1.6.1.1 and 1.6.1.2 hardly find any information, if I run these it hardly finds artist info. But if I change back to any of the first three, it will.
Any suggestions? The last 2 run fine if they try to show artist that have already been put into cache.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - somy - 2014-02-20

Same problem here. It suddenly stops working, showing only back screen when playing music.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Alexbenthem - 2014-02-20

Having the same problem since yesterday. Aparently the update from 17/02/2014: 1.6.1 is not working properly.
This morning I was even getting an error message everytime a song was changed.

Had to revert back to: 1.6.0 and it seems to working OK now...

Please fix this last update. XBMC has the annoying idea of updating all my addons, including this one...

Thanks