Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - kyungrak - 2014-10-31

(2014-10-29, 02:30)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 01:18)kyungrak Wrote: Hello,

thank you for maintaining this nice script.
I've stumbled upon a bug, might be helix related since I don't recall having this issue with gotham, so maybe you won't be able to look at it until next beta release. But anyway here's the issue:

the script works fine for songs with single artist, but with multiple artists the script stops, throwing a unicode exception. It seems that happens when it tries to copy pictures from the second artist into the merge directory.

Here's the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=333139

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone with a Helix confirm this? I tested in Gotham, and I definitely don't see that problem. Nor do I even understand why you'd be getting that error in Helix, especially given that none of the path in your case has any extended characters. I did check the code, and as far as I can tell everything is being properly encoded before being passed to xbmcvfs.copy (which then calls posixpath.py, which is what actually croaks in this case). So even if you had extended characters in the path, it should be working.

God I hate unicode. I hate it with the undying passion of 1000 burning suns.

I 've found the culprit. I'm using custom photos fetched on internet, and some of them had extended characters in their file name. No more issues after removing them.

FYI these characters don't cause any trouble in single mode, but in multiple artists mode the script crash with posixpath.py as you mentioned before.

PS: now I realize why I thought it was a general issue with multiple artists, I have extended characters in some picture file names for almost every artist in my database.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-10-31

(2014-10-30, 13:02)VanZan Wrote:
(2014-10-10, 18:06)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-10-10, 15:55)VanZan Wrote: This stopped working for me last night. I disabled fanart.tv as a source and enabled audiodb and httbackdrops and now I'm getting my eye candy again....anyone else?

Debug log please. Make sure to turn on th debug logging in the AS settings as well.

Well I did send you a log but I guess since you've completely ignored me ever since then that the fault was of my own making. Indeed it started working fine again a day or two later but at the moment it's gone again for me. A bit of feedback like a reply would have been nice though.

I hadn't seen a log in the thread, and I checked again. Then I noticed that you sent me a PM. I never check PMs here. I find posting links to the logs in the threads allows me to reply so everyone gets the benefits of the troubleshooting.

(2014-10-30, 20:03)tscholl Wrote: I just installed Artist Slideshow 1.6.9 on my unix box XBMC 12.2. using the default Confluence Skin. It's working fine but I have noticed that the screen dims when displaying the fanart. I have never had this happen on my windows box (screens dims when not in use) but never when playing music using Artist Slideshow.

I do have the system setting set to Use Visualizations if playing Audio

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
Thanks

You might check the screen saver settings. I think by default Confluence has a screen saver setup that dims the screen after a period of inactivity.

(2014-10-31, 01:08)kyungrak Wrote: I 've found the culprit. I'm using custom photos fetched on internet, and some of them had extended characters in their file name. No more issues after removing them.

FYI these characters don't cause any trouble in single mode, but in multiple artists mode the script crash with posixpath.py as you mentioned before.

PS: now I realize why I thought it was a general issue with multiple artists, I have extended characters in some picture file names for almost every artist in my database.

I'm going to treat that as a bug. I suspect I have not been encoding the filename of an image. Let me see what I can do to correct that.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-10-31

NEW BETA

v.1.7.0~beta4
- fix for crash when merging artist images where image has unicode character in name

This beta is available now via my beta addon repo.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tscholl - 2014-11-28

Thanks for a "Great" add-on. It works great and I've also found it very useful, along with Artist Slideshow Helper in finding errors and problems with my Mp3tags. Kiddo's!

From what I've read it should be possible to have it use images from a specified folder regardless of the artist.
I tried using the Fallback folder option, and specified but but that didn't work on my windows box. Will try it on Linux and update. Any suggestions on things to look at?

This would be useful for special occasions that you'd like to display a set of specific images, now if could intermix them with the artist images that would be awesome. :-)

Thanks again for all your work.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-11-28

(2014-11-28, 01:41)tscholl Wrote: From what I've read it should be possible to have it use images from a specified folder regardless of the artist.
I tried using the Fallback folder option, and specified but but that didn't work on my windows box. Will try it on Linux and update. Any suggestions on things to look at?

It's the one labeled as override folder in the settings. The fallback folder only gets shown if no images are found for the artist.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tscholl - 2014-11-28

(2014-11-28, 06:04)pkscout Wrote: It's the one labeled as override folder in the settings. The fallback folder only gets shown if no images are found for the artist.
Thanks for the quick reply. My bad. I checked and it's working correctly on my Linux install. So all I well there.

However I am still having a problem on the windows install. After some additional checking it appears that the whole add-on has stopped working. Looks like I need to do some additional research.

Update: I ended up overwriting skin.confluence directory to the windows box and now everything is working again.
Thanks again for a great add-on

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mhdebokx - 2014-12-03

I have a question about the fabulous Artist Slideshow add-on. With most of the Artists, the background slideshow is started. But on many the mix compilations I have, the Artist is not found on the reference sites. Is it possible that if the Artist is not found on the reference site, that the mp3-tag Album Artist or the mp3-tag Composer can be used during the scraping process to the reference sites ?

Regards Michel

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-12-04

(2014-12-03, 11:16)mhdebokx Wrote: I have a question about the fabulous Artist Slideshow add-on. With most of the Artists, the background slideshow is started. But on many the mix compilations I have, the Artist is not found on the reference sites. Is it possible that if the Artist is not found on the reference site, that the mp3-tag Album Artist or the mp3-tag Composer can be used during the scraping process to the reference sites ?

Artist Slideshow uses whatever Kodi tells it about the name of the artist. AS never looks directly at the tags in the files. I believe the order in which Kodi determines what to send is Album Artist and then Aritist. So that's the log way of saying that I don't think I can do any fall back to any other tag.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2014-12-17

hi,

Im getting this error too

Code:
ERROR: BOOL MoveFile(LPCTSTR, LPCTSTR) - cant move file </mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/f5d132f6.tbn>. trying lower case </mnt/internal_sd/android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/f5d132f6.tbn>
18:35:08 T:2108710960   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CFile::Rename(const CStdString&, const CStdString&) - Error renaming file /mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/f5d132f6.tbn

i read that you checkt the code and all is ok, so i can just ignore this error?

because the temp folder is getting bigger and bigger Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-12-17

(2014-12-17, 19:44)meowmoo Wrote: hi,

Im getting this error too

Code:
ERROR: BOOL MoveFile(LPCTSTR, LPCTSTR) - cant move file </mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/f5d132f6.tbn>. trying lower case </mnt/internal_sd/android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/f5d132f6.tbn>
18:35:08 T:2108710960   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CFile::Rename(const CStdString&, const CStdString&) - Error renaming file /mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/f5d132f6.tbn

i read that you checkt the code and all is ok, so i can just ignore this error?

because the temp folder is getting bigger and bigger Tongue

That looks like some kind of problem with the file system (either permissions or something else). AS tries to keep the temp folder basically empty, so if it's getting larger, you might want to go ahead and delete everything and the temp folder itself. As will create a new one. If the problem persists it would be most helpful to have a complete debug log.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2014-12-17

I will delete the temp folder for now, and keep an eye on it if the error shows up again

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - weyb - 2014-12-18

hi,

I'm a newbie with XBMC.
After looking many websites & tutorials, I saw images of XBMC with different artist pictures at the bottom & the chosen artist on the background, with the artist information.
As I don't have it, I thought that it was your plugin, so I installed it and... I'm a bit confused as I don't know if the plugin is correctly installed...

I followed the "tutorial" on http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow, I chose the "Create Custom Skin" option, didn't know if I have to modify "MusicVisualisation.xml" so didn't modify it.
but...
...nothing has changed in my XBMC theme.
I have the XBMC portable version so I have "script.artistslideshow" in XBMC/portable_data/addons & in XBMC/portable_data/userdata/addon_data.

(maybe i did all wrong from the start because this is not the right plugin ?...)
but i'd like to have it running nevertheless

thank you in advance for your help all

regards

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-18, 10:31)weyb Wrote: hi,

I'm a newbie with XBMC.
After looking many websites & tutorials, I saw images of XBMC with different artist pictures at the bottom & the chosen artist on the background, with the artist information.
As I don't have it, I thought that it was your plugin, so I installed it and... I'm a bit confused as I don't know if the plugin is correctly installed...

I followed the "tutorial" on http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow, I chose the "Create Custom Skin" option, didn't know if I have to modify "MusicVisualisation.xml" so didn't modify it.
but...
...nothing has changed in my XBMC theme.
I have the XBMC portable version so I have "script.artistslideshow" in XBMC/portable_data/addons & in XBMC/portable_data/userdata/addon_data.

(maybe i did all wrong from the start because this is not the right plugin ?...)
but i'd like to have it running nevertheless

thank you in advance for your help all

Assuming you correctly updated the Confluence skin with one of the zip files, then when you play music and go to the fullscreen visualization, then AS will download artwork and show it there. AS *will not* do backgrounds on other pages or anything else. If you want to use AS and can't seem to figure out how to do the Confluence updates, you can download my modified skin by installing the correct repo:

Gotham (the currently shipping V13 of XBMC/Kodi): https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/raw/gotham/repository.skins.pkscout-1.0.1.zip

Helix (the next version of Kodi, V14 - in RC right now): https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.0.zip

There are a number of skins that support AS out of the box, so you might see if one of those would work for you (and sorry, no, I don't keep a list of all the skins that use AS).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - weyb - 2014-12-19

hi,

thank you, I'll try it ASAP ! :-)

BTW : can you tell me :
- if your skin supports video & subtitles languages ?
- if yes, if it runs weel on a rasperry (rpi) without having resources problems ?

regards

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Drusius - 2014-12-19

Hi I'm using AS 1.7.0 - and I have one little yet annoying problem
Fanart pictures are not transparent, meaning I cannot see the background visualization while playing music,
Im using regular Gotham/Confluence with the modified xml's from wiki page.

Thanks ahead