Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - realrover - 2015-12-04

Hi there,

I'm using this great script with Cirrus Extended v3 skin. For some reason that skin doesn't have an option to turn off slideshow animation. How could I disable it?
Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-12-04

(2015-12-04, 06:58)realrover Wrote: Hi there,

I'm using this great script with Cirrus Extended v3 skin. For some reason that skin doesn't have an option to turn off slideshow animation. How could I disable it?
Thanks.

The actual animation decisions are completely skin controlled. If you want the option to turn off whatever animation they've decided to use, you're either going to have to ask them to add the option or modify the skin to disable it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - realrover - 2015-12-05

(2015-12-04, 23:37)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 06:58)realrover Wrote: Hi there,

Thanks.

The actual animation decisions are completely skin controlled. If you want the option to turn off whatever animation they've decided to use, you're either going to have to ask them to add the option or modify the skin to disable it.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - JDizzy - 2015-12-09

I have been using Artist Slideshow for a long time. I have never user the 'Fallback Image' option and now that I have tried, can't seem to get it to work. Basically, if there is no artist image, I get a black screen.

I have defined the fallback image folder by browsing through the Artist Slideshow program. My image folder is on an smb share.
I am running Jarvis beta 3 (android) and Titan beta skin.
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Maaarv - 2015-12-17

Hi pkscout,

now that Kodi Jarvis supports the ArtistS tag do you consider to support it with Artist Slideshow aswell?
This way you could find the images for songs with multiple artists much easier as it is right now.
I think right now it depends on the title which has to have a "feat." somewhere or on a special seperator if your addon recognizes all artists of a song, is this correct?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-12-17

(2015-12-17, 10:13)Maaarv Wrote: Hi pkscout,

now that Kodi Jarvis supports the ArtistS tag do you consider to support it with Artist Slideshow aswell?
This way you could find the images for songs with multiple artists much easier as it is right now.
I think right now it depends on the title which has to have a "feat." somewhere or on a special seperator if your addon recognizes all artists of a song, is this correct?

I'll look into it. I haven't installed Jarvis anywhere yet, but I might do that over the holiday break.

edit: It looks like to me that Jarvis uses the MB Artists tag to import multiple artists the same way that it does if you use the separator token (i.e. " / ") in the artist field. If that's the case, then AS already supports the new MB Artists tag because the first thing it does is ask Kodi for a list of all the artists associated with a song. I'd be happy to have some feedback on that when someone gets a chance. I don't really do multiple artists in the artist tag, as it really screws up my iTunes library. I might tag a few using MB Picard at some point though to test with Jarvis.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2015-12-17

The moment i read this, beginner/Sammy deluxe was playing https://musicbrainz.org/recording/9e73bbf9-36f2-4c87-8488-0b95b3040e3f

AS first shows the beginner fanart and than samy delux and repeats. So for me it looks like its working fine.

Is there a way to randomize the pictures? Or need the skin to do this?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-12-17

(2015-12-17, 20:59)meowmoo Wrote: The moment i read this, beginner/Sammy deluxe was playing https://musicbrainz.org/recording/9e73bbf9-36f2-4c87-8488-0b95b3040e3f

AS first shows the beginner fanart and than samy delux and repeats. So for me it looks like its working fine.

Is there a way to randomize the pictures? Or need the skin to do this?

That's a skin decision. There is information on the AS wiki page on the recommended XML to randomize the pictures.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2015-12-17

Thanks, I will take a look at the wiki

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Douganator - 2016-01-01

First off, sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I have read pages and pages and just can not get my head around the following.

In Kodi, the Universal Artist Scraper downloads fanart for artists in the music library. Can or should the Artist Slideshow be using these images first before downloading its own fanart images? I can not find info on how to make this happen.
I keep getting issues with black screens with some common artists, artists that already have fanart downloaded by the Artist Scraper.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-01-01

(2016-01-01, 20:23)Douganator Wrote: In Kodi, the Universal Artist Scraper downloads fanart for artists in the music library. Can or should the Artist Slideshow be using these images first before downloading its own fanart images? I can not find info on how to make this happen.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way to ask Kodi to provide the internal image for the playing artist. Depending on your skin and settings, you can kind of trick it. In the AS Slideshow settings check off the option that says "use transport background if no artists are found." Now if you have your skin set to display the artist image in the background when in full screen, that image will most likely show through if no images are found.

Quote:I keep getting issues with black screens with some common artists, artists that already have fanart downloaded by the Artist Scraper.

If you could enable Kodi debugging *and* the debug logging in AS and try some of those, I can see if I can figure out what's happening. For the tests to be useful, you need to go into your Kodi userdata folder and find addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistInformation. Delete that folder so that AS will try and download the information again. If you don't do that, AS waits a couple of weeks before updating information.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Douganator - 2016-01-01

(2016-01-01, 22:05)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 20:23)Douganator Wrote: In Kodi, the Universal Artist Scraper downloads fanart for artists in the music library. Can or should the Artist Slideshow be using these images first before downloading its own fanart images? I can not find info on how to make this happen.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way to ask Kodi to provide the internal image for the playing artist. Depending on your skin and settings, you can kind of trick it. In the AS Slideshow settings check off the option that says "use transport background if no artists are found." Now if you have your skin set to display the artist image in the background when in full screen, that image will most likely show through if no images are found.

Quote:I keep getting issues with black screens with some common artists, artists that already have fanart downloaded by the Artist Scraper.

If you could enable Kodi debugging *and* the debug logging in AS and try some of those, I can see if I can figure out what's happening. For the tests to be useful, you need to go into your Kodi userdata folder and find addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistInformation. Delete that folder so that AS will try and download the information again. If you don't do that, AS waits a couple of weeks before updating information.

I guess I kinda thought that Kodi uses some kind of database that links fanart to the artists and that AS would share this database. That way, loading of the fanart would be instant and AS could then download more images if available.
Thanks for your reply and I will have a bit more of a play.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2016-01-01

(2016-01-01, 22:13)Douganator Wrote: I guess I kinda thought that Kodi uses some kind of database that links fanart to the artists and that AS would share this database. That way, loading of the fanart would be instant and AS could then download more images if available.
Thanks for your reply and I will have a bit more of a play.

The music database stores the URLs that are scraped in the artist table (strImage and strFanart). The art table stores the currently assigned artist thumb and fanart. This will either be a local file or URL link to file. It can be accessed by infolabel or JSON. Actual display of image is via the texture database which manages the thumbnail cache folder. But I think the way AS is designed is to supply a path to an image folder which skins can use via the "mulitimage" control. This is how "extrafanart" works as well.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-01-02

(2016-01-01, 22:55)scott967 Wrote: The music database stores the URLs that are scraped in the artist table (strImage and strFanart). The art table stores the currently assigned artist thumb and fanart. This will either be a local file or URL link to file. It can be accessed by infolabel or JSON. Actual display of image is via the texture database which manages the thumbnail cache folder. But I think the way AS is designed is to supply a path to an image folder which skins can use via the "mulitimage" control. This is how "extrafanart" works as well.

Do you know how to access it via JSON? I looked through the JSON API and didn't find any way to do that. With the URL I could look into "downloading" the file into the folder with the rest of the stuff AS grabs. I'm not sure it's really worth it though, as AS grabs from most of the same places that the scrapper does. And, as you say, AS points to a folder and then lets the skin do the display. That's very different than the way the texture database works.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Douganator - 2016-01-02

I have been reading through this thread and see that AS doesn't read Album Artists tag either yet Kodi must read that tag. I have albums that are tagged as Various Artists and Kodi displays a various artists fanart to match this tag.
Would be great if this could happen in AS as well.