Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Tragic - 2012-07-08

Amazing app thanks for the hard work, not only does it work great but it looks fantastic.

A quick comment about an issue I had. I had Spotimc working on XBMC and it worked perfectly. However recently I had to reset my facebook password, rather than Spotimc prompting me for a new password I could get into the app fine and browse my lists etc. When I tried to start to play a song the application would just freeze and freeze XBMC requiring me to manually kill XBMC. I couldn't find a way to change my password so I ended up having to uninstall the app then manually removing the files in my \users directory. This is on Windows 7 64bit btw.

Like I said not an issue now as I have fixed it but maybe something you want to consider for future releases.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - hegemon13 - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-08, 00:48)Dennisreneholm Wrote: Hi.

First of all i want to thank you for making my HTPC complete!
Ever since i got spotify i wanted a way to use it on my HTPC, and now i can Big Grin!

I couldn't find it in earlier post using the search function so i thought i would ask.

Is there a way to remotely control spotimc?
A webinterface could be used, or even better, a simple android/IOS app.
A app where everyone on the WiFi could add music in some kind of party mode, so they would only queue it, not change the current song, that would be awesome!

I don't like wasting power Tongue and i do not use my TV to play music, only to see what's playing.

XBMC Remote for Android works perfectly.

Absolutely fantastic add-on! Finally, I can listen to Spotify on through my HTPC without using Spotify's painfully awkward, non-remote-compatible application. Thank you!

I do have one suggestion for a future feature. Aside from queuing and adding to playlists, one thing that I don't think has been mentioned is the lack of support for playlist folders. I use playlist folders to organize album playlists because it allows me to easily play individual albums when I want or shuffle a whole genre.

Right now, I'm working around it by adding albums to both the folder and to a giant genre playlist. But in the future, if you have the time and it's possible, it would be fantastic to be able to play a playlist folder as well as the individual playlists.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - PantsOnFire - 2012-07-10

Any way for users to change the font used in the AddOn? Would like to change it to Roboto somehow.

I checked in the addons userdata folder (in application data\xbmc) for the spotimc folder, hoping it might contain the font in there (with the intention to swap it out), but it wasn't there so I'm guessing it's 'hard-coded' to use the Arial font?

cheers if anyone can help.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - otcho - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-10, 18:07)hegemon13 Wrote: I do have one suggestion for a future feature. Aside from queuing and adding to playlists, one thing that I don't think has been mentioned is the lack of support for playlist folders. I use playlist folders to organize album playlists because it allows me to easily play individual albums when I want or shuffle a whole genre.

Right now, I'm working around it by adding albums to both the folder and to a giant genre playlist. But in the future, if you have the time and it's possible, it would be fantastic to be able to play a playlist folder as well as the individual playlists.

Could you explain playlist folders by example? I'm not seeing this feature anywhere in the desktop client (Windows)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-05, 23:51)Rumik Wrote: This might be a stupid question, but I've never really used xbmc for music before. But how do I get artist fan art working with SpotiMC?

Thanks Smile
Note that this addon does not download fanarts itself, it only shows album covers. You can use the AllMusic addon in order to get fanart support.

BTW, I can see fanarts on fullscreen using the Quartz skin.

(2012-07-06, 20:44)d_hero Wrote: This....

...is possibly the best plugin for xbmc ive seen!I looks so polished and has a great interface rather than just the crappy lists of other addons. The look of it is fantastic, its how all add ons should should, if you fancy taking a crack at an iplayer/itv/4od uk catchup addons, it would be amazing. It would finally bring some sort of resemblance to how this apps work on other devices.

Anyway enough rambling! I love the add on, cant wait for being able to add songs to playlists and queuing!

Edit: Can i donate to keep the great work coming?
I'm glad you like the addon!

As said in previous posts queue support may come in future releases, but the code is not stable enough.

(2012-07-07, 02:43)dallasnights Wrote: can not wait for ATV2 is there any progress with all the ATV2 nightlies?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/
Sadly the current build of libspotify for iOS can't be loaded on runtime (it's a static library, not a dylib). We'll have to wait to see Spotimc working on that platform...

(2012-07-07, 20:08)biccies Wrote: This is a great addon and I've been using it for quite some time now. The only thing ifeel is missing is some form of queue managment, and maybe playlist folders... but support for them only recently got added into the official android app. Keep up the great work!
As said on previous posts, I have some sort of queue management code, but it's not mature enough. And regarding to the playlist folder feature, It's on my to-do list but there are some bug fixes that go first.

Ever since i got spotify i wanted a way to use it on my HTPC, and now i can Big Grin!

I couldn't find it in earlier post using the search function so i thought i would ask.

A app where everyone on the WiFi could add music in some kind of party mode, so they would only queue it, not change the current song, that would be awesome!

I don't like wasting power Tongue and i do not use my TV to play music, only to see what's playing.
Good to hear that you found the addon useful!

Regarding to the party mode someone else suggested something similar before, and it's indeed a good idea! Sadly these feature additions will have to wait for a while, as my current focus is on fixing bugs and rolling a final stable release.

(2012-07-08, 14:43)Tragic Wrote: Amazing app thanks for the hard work, not only does it work great but it looks fantastic.

A quick comment about an issue I had. I had Spotimc working on XBMC and it worked perfectly. However recently I had to reset my facebook password, rather than Spotimc prompting me for a new password I could get into the app fine and browse my lists etc. When I tried to start to play a song the application would just freeze and freeze XBMC requiring me to manually kill XBMC. I couldn't find a way to change my password so I ended up having to uninstall the app then manually removing the files in my \users directory. This is on Windows 7 64bit btw.

Like I said not an issue now as I have fixed it but maybe something you want to consider for future releases.
You can use the "Logout" option on the "More" view, and it should effectively forget your credentials for the next run of the addon.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the issue when updating passwords! Hopefully libspotify provides some kind of mechanism to fix this scenario.

(2012-07-10, 18:07)hegemon13 Wrote:

Absolutely fantastic add-on! Finally, I can listen to Spotify on through my HTPC without using Spotify's painfully awkward, non-remote-compatible application. Thank you!

I do have one suggestion for a future feature. Aside from queuing and adding to playlists, one thing that I don't think has been mentioned is the lack of support for playlist folders. I use playlist folders to organize album playlists because it allows me to easily play individual albums when I want or shuffle a whole genre.

As said before, playlist folder support is on my to-do list. Thanks for the feedback!

(2012-07-10, 18:43)PantsOnFire Wrote: Any way for users to change the font used in the AddOn? Would like to change it to Roboto somehow.

I checked in the addons userdata folder (in application data\xbmc) for the spotimc folder, hoping it might contain the font in there (with the intention to swap it out), but it wasn't there so I'm guessing it's 'hard-coded' to use the Arial font?

cheers if anyone can help.
On the Spotimc installation root, you can replace the file at /resources/skins/DefaultSkin/fonts/spotimc.ttf with any custom font.

(2012-07-10, 19:15)otcho Wrote:
(2012-07-10, 18:07)hegemon13 Wrote: I do have one suggestion for a future feature. Aside from queuing and adding to playlists, one thing that I don't think has been mentioned is the lack of support for playlist folders. I use playlist folders to organize album playlists because it allows me to easily play individual albums when I want or shuffle a whole genre.

Could you explain playlist folders by example? I'm not seeing this feature anywhere in the desktop client (Windows)
You can organize playlists by folders on the official desktop client. Just use File > New folder and you can then drag other playlists (or even folders) into it.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - otcho - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-11, 19:21)mazkolain Wrote: On the Spotimc installation root, you can replace the file at /resources/skins/DefaultSkin/fonts/spotimc.ttf with any custom font.

Attention: when you delete spotimc.tff and just put another font file into the folder, spotimc won't start. You'll have to rename the new font to spotimc.ttf to get it working ! I had to make this mistake myself Blush

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - PantsOnFire - 2012-07-12

(2012-07-11, 21:32)otcho Wrote:
(2012-07-11, 19:21)mazkolain Wrote: On the Spotimc installation root, you can replace the file at /resources/skins/DefaultSkin/fonts/spotimc.ttf with any custom font.

Attention: when you delete spotimc.tff and just put another font file into the folder, spotimc won't start. You'll have to rename the new font to spotimc.ttf to get it working ! I had to make this mistake myself Blush

got it. Yeah, I had that problem in the past when trying out different fonts for various skins.

Thanks for the tips guys.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - hegemon13 - 2012-07-12

Quote:As said before, playlist folder support is on my to-do list. Thanks for the feedback!

Excellent news, thank you! I'm very excited for this, but I'd be thrilled with the add-on even if it stayed as-is. Truly awesome work.

Quote:Could you explain playlist folders by example? I'm not seeing this feature anywhere in the desktop client (Windows)

The feature is in File > New Playlist Folder in the latest versions of the Spotify Windows app. It is a great feature because it allows you to group smaller playlists into a folder, and the folder itself can be played/shuffled as a larger playlist. Folders can even be nested, and playing a top-level folder adds every song in every playlist underneath it to the play queue. You can shuffle your entire collection this way.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Possible - 2012-07-13

Hello,

I tried to install the newest version of Spotimc. However when i want to start the addon, i get the following error:

Error

Error in script mazkolain-spotimc-1.0-beta1-1-g064c53d.

After that, i see a grey background with a round loading icon in the middle.

Anyone knows whats the problem?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Dennisreneholm - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-10, 18:07)hegemon13 Wrote:

I tried the remote yesterday, and yes i can see what's playing, but i can't se what tracks are on my playlist, they have a spotify URL i suppose it is.
And i can't browse my other playlists?

Any quickfix for this, or do we need to wait for an actual app for the spotimc? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - otcho - 2012-07-13

@mazkolain: I've noticed something unusual today. I switched from Confluence (720p) to Quartz Reloaded (1080i) and when the script starts it seems that the resolution gets strechted. This results in smaller fonts and looks not correct. Just wanted to inform you, if it hasn't been mentioned before.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - hegemon13 - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-13, 13:47)Dennisreneholm Wrote: I tried the remote yesterday, and yes i can see what's playing, but i can't se what tracks are on my playlist, they have a spotify URL i suppose it is.

Any quickfix for this, or do we need to wait for an actual app for the spotimc? Smile

You're right. I didn't read your original post closely enough. It appears that there is currently no way to queue stuff up remotely, but you can use XBMC Remote to move around in the playlist once it's playing.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Dennisreneholm - 2012-07-14

(2012-07-13, 22:42)hegemon13 Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 13:47)Dennisreneholm Wrote: I tried the remote yesterday, and yes i can see what's playing, but i can't se what tracks are on my playlist, they have a spotify URL i suppose it is.

You're right. I didn't read your original post closely enough. It appears that there is currently no way to queue stuff up remotely, but you can use XBMC Remote to move around in the playlist once it's playing.
Okay, it's better than nothing Smile And i'm sure as Spotimc gets into a final release, this will be implemented Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - biccies - 2012-07-15

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date mazkolain! I really appreciate the work you've put into this add-on.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but I think I've found a bug. I use the android remote to control my XBMC install.
I set a playlist on it's merry way and then go to the "Now Playing" section. At the end of the playlist (when there's no more files in that list to be played) the "Now Playing" section disappears. I have now lost my 'cursor' and I am unable to do anything within the Spotimc "App" with the Android Remote.
The solution to this is either plug a mouse into my HTPC, or use one of the "Music", "Film", "TV" buttons to get out of the app. I then can not use Spotimc until I reboot the box.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Novin - 2012-07-18

Tried it just now with beta 1.

First at start, I get a login screen. I start entering my details with my keyboard but I find that the field for login name isn't really selected.. so I first have to press Enter on the field to start input. Could be better.

Than if I want to remember the details, it isn't really clear what the arrow means. Better to use the same radio boxes as the skin (Confluence in my case).

Last, the OK / cancel. When OK is selected, it looks like also Cancel is selected. When you move over to Cancel you see that this is not intended, then Cancel is clearly selected and some empty space to the right of it.

After the plugin has started everything is empty. New Stuff: only text New music on Spotify, Playlists: Showing 63 playlists etc.

Feature suggest for search: Create a search history which can be used & edited.

For the empty-problem, what log is needed, only xbmc.log?