Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - hercem - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-13, 20:49)Kibje Wrote: Alternatively just download my files and overwrite yours. That can be done from the same link.

I downloaded your files but it did not work with Spotimc beta3. The scipt fails to load after the update. I hope to see a working version soon.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-13, 23:32)hercem Wrote: I downloaded your files but it did not work with Spotimc beta3. The scipt fails to load after the update. I hope to see a working version soon.
I am sure eventually a solution for the logging issue will be found by the xbmc team and implemented by mazkolain.
It's weird that it didn't work though.

* Did you check the file permissions and owner ? If you downloaded the files as root user you will need to change ownership otherwise xbmc can't read them and the plugin will fail.
* Did you download all three files ? Copy-pasting the code from windows might modify the spacing and newlines in such a way that it won't work anymore.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - abusharif - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-09, 13:55)abusharif Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 17:30)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-12-07, 22:34)abusharif Wrote: Sorry for nagging, but I am curious if anything is being solved for sound issues on OSX?
Original post in August can be found here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147&pid=1171990#pid1171990

Running xbmc beta 1 now on Mountal Lion, and application itself work (login, browsing etc) but playback just gives bunch of static noise =(
Sorry, I forgot this issue completely!

Spotimc serves music streams to XBMC as as plain wave files. Could you please try playing an standalone wave file and check out if the results are the same? Thanks for the remainder!

Hi,

Just tested with WAV file and it plays without problems.

Thanks again Smile

YAY!

Not sure what changed but my issues went away with SpotiMC beta 3 (with logging-fix commit) and Xbmc 12 RC1.
No more static crackling noise Big Grin

<- Happy Panda!!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - TFHfony - 2012-12-14

Can't get it to work myself Smile Let's hope mazkolain will release a new beta with this fix in it soon Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - abusharif - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-14, 12:36)TFHfony Wrote: Can't get it to work myself Smile Let's hope mazkolain will release a new beta with this fix in it soon Smile

if its this crashing/logging issue you are refering to then:

1) go to https://github.com/kibje/spotimc/tree/12b3issue
2) Click on the little "cloud / ZIP" button, this will download the files changed
3) Open up that ZIP file and replace the current SpotiMC files with the new ones from the ZIP
4) Launch SpotiMC
5) Done

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - TFHfony - 2012-12-14

Well, that's easy I guess if you are into Linux. But I am not. I am running OpenElec, and have no clue where to find the original Spotimc files, how to transfer them to the OpenElec installation and how to set the rights to the right user.
If it was Windows, it would have been very easy,but it's a bit to complicated to do this in Linux for me (and probably most of the OpenElec users)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-14, 12:46)TFHfony Wrote: Well, that's easy I guess if you are into Linux. But I am not. I am running OpenElec, and have no clue where to find the original Spotimc files, how to transfer them to the OpenElec installation and how to set the rights to the right user.
If it was Windows, it would have been very easy,but it's a bit to complicated to do this in Linux for me (and probably most of the OpenElec users)
Well you said you could access the box through SSH. I figured you would also know how to download a file (wget) and set file ownership (chown) since that is really basic stuff. Or know how to use a text editor under linux. I have no idea what you would be able to do with SSH without that knowledge.

The files are located in the default addons directory of xbmc. Where that is on OpenElec I do not know, but I am sure the OpenElec forums will answer that question many times a week. =)

Otherwise, well, just wait until a new version comes out =)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - silvine - 2012-12-14

I've a vague idea how to access and use Openelec through SSH.

When I type wget https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc.git it tells me "not an http or ftp url: github.com/mazkolain/spotimc.git"

What am I doing wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2012-12-15

What was your intention ? Did you want to clone mazkolain's git repository (download all the files in it) ?
You need to do that with the program git, not with wget.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - dallasnights - 2012-12-15

does this work now with Frodo RC1 and ATV2?

(2012-12-15, 14:47)dallasnights Wrote: does this work now with Frodo RC1 and ATV2?
If you read the last three pages: no, there is an issue with Frodo RC1. A workaround is available but unsupported and unofficial.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - silvine - 2012-12-15

Openelec doesn't recognise the git command.

Silvine, I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish.
It would be a good idea to start a post explaining what you are trying to accomplish, and what you have tried so far. It would make it a lot easier to help you that way.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - silvine - 2012-12-15

I have downloaded the fixed beta of Spotimc (linked in the previous page) that works with the latest Frodo build of XBMC. I am running Oepnelec Beta Release: 2.95.5 (3.0 Beta 5) based on XBMC-Frodo.

My problem is I can't figure out how to copy the Spotimc files from the my downloads folder in Openelec to the .xbmc folder where the Spotimc script resides. Openelec restricts access to Unix commands like GIT and app-get git.

In other words the only way of intalling add-ons that I can see is through using a zip file and the XBMC interface.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2012-12-16

In all likelyhood: you will have to wait for a new version of spotimc.

I assume you downloaded something from my github. That is not a 'fixed beta' but just a quick and very dirty test I put up to work around the issue that comes up when running a version of XBMC later than Frodo beta 2. It is not downloadable and installable as zip file, and the advice abusharif gave to download it via the cloud / zip file link is absolutely not what I would recommend.

I would either download the 3 modified files from the page I linked to, or repeat the same alterations with a text editor. You would still need to know how to access the current location of the addon files in the OpenElec shell, how to download and move the modified files to that spot and how to set permissions and ownership correct. Alternatively you could use the text editor and change the 3 files in a similar manner that way..

If any of this seems like a big task for you, hope that someone on the openelec forums or someone here will create a working zip that is installable through the gui, or (more likely) wait for a fix by the author of the addon, who is waiting on input from the XBMC development team.