Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - joeyf - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-02, 00:45)mazkolain Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 17:19)joeyf Wrote: Been through this thread and and can't get this addon working for the life of me. Can someone tell me which addon package I should be using and which library.so applies to my device? Here is contents of my /proc/cpuinfo:

Crashes every time no matter what I do when using the current package from the repository (I also added the script.module.elementtree into the addons folder). I am using XBMC (12.0-RC3 Git:20130102-7a6cb7f) for Android. I did notice there was no dll folder specifically for an armv7 in the addon package. I tried creating an armv7 folder in the dll folder, inserted the libspotify.so for an armv7 from the developer downloads site and modified envutils.py to point to that folder. That doesn't work either. This is my log file at crash time:
I managed to get it working on an Android device using the Android build of libspotify, inserting the following code in envutils.py.
Code:
if xbmc.getCondVisibility('System.Platform.Android'):
    add_library_path(os.path.join(base_dir, 'android'))

Sadly, it crashed shortly after it reached to the new music view, so this means that it needs more review on this platform. Anyway, I'm very interested on adding support for this platform, and would be very thankful to see log files and possible crashes of Spotimc running on Android.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure quite how to edit the envutils.py file...do I just add the line to the standard file, or do I just create a new file with just that line in it? Also, do I create a folder called "android" and install the libspotify.so in that folder?

Would be happy to experience even slightly different errors at this point. Will submit more logs once I understand the correct setup for Android.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-02-06

Updated XBMC to Frodo on my XBMCubuntu Eden install, never got SpotiMC to work, did see script.audio.playlistcrashtest-0.1 in the download section, installed it not knowing what it did or to how to use it... due to the name i rememberd that my SpotiMC boots directly to the Playlist menu, So i changed it to New Stuff and now it works again!

Didn't see any post about this when i "quickly" scanned a few posts back so just wanted to mention it (again if i missed it)

/Jan

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - snowjim - 2013-02-07

Hi,

Im running XBMC EDEN and have problems to run spotimc.

I get in to the login screen, the background only covers upper left cornor. If I type somthing XBMC will react in the keypresses and nothing is added to the login dialog? If I howecer use arrow up and down I can switch between username and password field, its still nog possible to type anything.

How do I solve this?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 14:47)snowjim Wrote: Hi,

I get in to the login screen, the background only covers upper left cornor. If I type somthing XBMC will react in the keypresses and nothing is added to the login dialog? If I howecer use arrow up and down I can switch between username and password field, its still nog possible to type anything.

How do I solve this?

I think you only need to press ENTER and when you see the virtual keyboard you can type your info (xbmc handles input this way)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-06, 12:35)SKIBBE Wrote: Updated XBMC to Frodo on my XBMCubuntu Eden install, never got SpotiMC to work, did see script.audio.playlistcrashtest-0.1 in the download section, installed it not knowing what it did or to how to use it... due to the name i rememberd that my SpotiMC boots directly to the Playlist menu, So i changed it to New Stuff and now it works again!

Didn't see any post about this when i "quickly" scanned a few posts back so just wanted to mention it (again if i missed it)

/Jan

It was a known issue which affected most users. Here it is on the issues list of github.
It has been fixed already with the latest testversion, which might not be released yet. (I am not sure, would have to check)

What version do you run ?

Beta 3 on Frodo (only a xbmc update of my old xbmcubuntu install)

(2013-02-07, 15:20)SKIBBE Wrote: Beta 3 on Frodo (only a xbmc update of my old xbmcubuntu install)

I just checked, the fix was not included in that but will probably be in the next release. You will need to use the workaround for now.

Kibje i run Neon you still need Beta users?

As far as i know i am running a Eden version on Frodo (cant download Neon but my old install worked) Tongue

(2013-02-07, 15:27)SKIBBE Wrote: Kibje i run Neon you still need Beta users?

As far as i know i am running a Eden version on Frodo (cant download Neon but my old install worked) Tongue

Yes, please update. Many things are horribly broken in the version you have.
Continue conversation in the thread from my signature pls.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - snowjim - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 14:51)SKIBBE Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 14:47)snowjim Wrote: Hi,

How do I solve this?

I think you only need to press ENTER and when you see the virtual keyboard you can type your info (xbmc handles input this way)

Thanks, that was not obvious, specialy not when the background looked like failing. Anyway, it demands Premium and I have no need for spotify in my mobile so this add on is not for me. I will have to run the regular spotify windows application instead, not a big problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - kromix - 2013-02-11

Does this work on Frodo (OpenELEC) ?

And is the best way to install the prepackaged .zip or is there an official repo location yet?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 18:21)kromix Wrote: Does this work on Frodo (OpenELEC) ? And is the best way to install the prepackaged .zip or is there an official repo location yet?

Yes, it works on Frodo.
Yes, use the prepackaged 1.0-beta3 zip you can download here: https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/wiki/Downloads

There is no official repository location yet.
I happen to know of a good, open, easy maintainable repository that will be available soon - I will suggest this repository to mazkolain and see if he is ok with distributing SpotiMC from it.

Awesome Thanks, most features still work without a paid subscription to spotify right? or does most of this require a sub? I'm assuming it's accessing Spotify like its on a desktop, and the desktop app is free?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 18:55)kromix Wrote: Awesome Thanks, most features still work without a paid subscription to spotify right? or does most of this require a sub? I'm assuming it's accessing Spotify like its on a desktop, and the desktop app is free?

This addon requires Spotify Premium.

The Spotify license does not allow anyone to use the Spotify API if they do not have Spotify Premium.
Their own Desktop Application is the sole exception to that rule.

(2013-02-11, 19:17)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 18:55)kromix Wrote: Awesome Thanks, most features still work without a paid subscription to spotify right? or does most of this require a sub? I'm assuming it's accessing Spotify like its on a desktop, and the desktop app is free?

This addon requires Spotify Premium.

The Spotify license does not allow anyone to use the Spotify API if they do not have Spotify Premium.
Their own Desktop Application is the sole exception to that rule.

Ahh gotcha thanks, I thought it would work for "radio" playlists like pandora... Ok cool maybe I'll consider subscribing