Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-09-05

@Evero

can you please make a screenshoot?

I want to be able to read the text from my couch afterwards, afraid it will be too small Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - George - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-05, 02:55)Evero Wrote: Was a heck of a job to change everything, I'm hoping someone will appreciate this.

Well, I do Evero! Thanks a lot!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Evero - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-05, 13:50)SKIBBE Wrote: @Evero

I want to be able to read the text from my couch afterwards, afraid it will be too small Wink

That would depend on your setup. I have a 40" screen about 3 meters / 10 feet from the couch. No problem reading. If you have a smaller screen and have a further distance, it might be too small.

Here's a screenshot of the menu with the smallest font. Note that "New search" slightly overlaps the search icon. This is the only flaw I've found thus far.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-06, 13:50)Evero Wrote:

That would depend on your setup. I have a 40" screen about 3 meters / 10 feet from the couch. No problem reading. If you have a smaller screen and have a further distance, it might be too small.

Okey, I have a 60" screen about 3 meters Rofl

will have to try your fix/hack then Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - slinuxgeek - 2013-09-12

By going through the source code in file "addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/settings.py"
I found that for automatic cache management following is written:
PHP Code:
if after_cache_management == CacheManagement.Automatic:

session.set_cache_size(0

How do you make it to use 10% of available disk space by setting the cache size to 0?
where is that code written to understand 0 as 10% of available disk space? Is that in some .egg file(s)? Please help me locate that.
I have to make it 50%

Thanks for help in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Fuwex - 2013-09-12

(2013-09-12, 16:07)slinuxgeek Wrote: By going through the source code in file "addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/settings.py"
I found that for automatic cache management following is written:
PHP Code:
if after_cache_management == CacheManagement.Automatic:

session.set_cache_size(0

How do you make it to use 10% of available disk space by setting the cache size to 0?
where is that code written to understand 0 as 10% of available disk space? Is that in some .egg file(s)? Please help me locate that.
I have to make it 50%

Hi slinuxgeek. I haven't looked at any of the code for spotimc, but I've worked a lot with libspotify (which is the C library from spotify that spotimc uses). Setting the cache size to 0 will let libspotify automatically manage the cache as 10% of available disk space. Unfortunately there's no way to change this percentage, if you want something else you'll need to manage it yourself. Look here:

https://developer.spotify.com/docs/libspotify/12.1.45/group__session.html#ga6f27c55d1ce9f3f794fcce7bee7adfea

(This is the C library method called to set the cache size in libspotify)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - slinuxgeek - 2013-09-13

Hi Fuwex thanks for reply.
Yes It is in libspotify itself and that is closed source Sad so we can't change that.
I think I will have to calculate the free space my self and divide it by 2 and set it as cache size, which should also be done frequently perhaps.

Do you know what happens when there is less disk space to cache than we have set to use ?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - slinuxgeek - 2013-09-13

It seems when there no space it behaves like caching is disabled.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-09-13

Hello,

It has been a long time since I last wrote on this thread, so here are some updates on a couple of recent mayor issues:

Post-login crash on the RPi

This is caused because I packaged a wrong version of the hard float libspotify on the beta4 release. Please check here for a workaround:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/122#issuecomment-22454298

Stuttering issues when Artist Slideshow is enabled

This is related to some deadlock issues on the XBMC Python api. I submitted a PR with a fix to the XBMC Github repo, and I'm currently waiting for it to be merged.

And now some other questions I forgot to answer...

(2013-07-22, 10:21)mixel Wrote: WOuld it be possible to connect this addon to a XBMC webserver, where a voting server would run?
This way, we could use the spotify addon + voting webserver to let guests at a party influence the playlist.
Thanks, this was also requested some time ago. Anyway, I would tend to implement this outside Spotimc, as a regular addon, so every music addon running on XBMC could benefit from this.

(2013-08-09, 16:45)Marco 7 Wrote: A feature request : not everyone connects XBMC on a TV, in my case, I use a videoprojector for the movies, TV and al, but to listen to music, I'd prefer not to turn on the projector (saving bulb life time, saving electricity, ...) From my experience with SpotiMC, there is no way to walk through the playlists from XBMC or Yatze remote controls. It would be great to add this or correct me if I am wrong Wink

Thanks !
This is a pretty much requested feature, but sadly it's a limitation of the fact that Spotimc was developed as a script instead of a plugin. Besides from that, I didn't had enough time to investigate on a workaround for this.

It could be fixed on the future, but I can't assure anything yet...

(2013-08-25, 07:29)angryeye Wrote: Also i have a question, is it possible to get back to the home screen of XBMC while this addon is playing?
The next release will include experimental support for "minimizing" Spotimc, so stay tuned!

(2013-09-05, 02:55)Evero Wrote: I got tired of the 720p skin, so I created a 1080i version. Same skin only way prettier on a full HD screen. Might not be perfect, but tested everything i could think of.

Download link here.

For any newbies out there: unzip spotimc.zip (the install file), unzip the 1080i.zip file, and put it in " script.audio.spotimc/resources/skins/DefaultSkin/ " (next to the 720p folder)

Next, edit " script.audio.spotimc/default.py " in your favourite text editor, and change
xml_path = os.path.join(skin_dir, "720p/font.xml")
to
xml_path = os.path.join(skin_dir, "1080i/font.xml")

save, zip the script.audio.spotimc folder again, and reinstall in xbmc (might need to restart xbmc after uninstalling spotimc).

Was a heck of a job to change everything, I'm hoping someone will appreciate this.
I tried downloading your package but it seems that the zip file is corrupt.

Also, what issues were you experiencing on 1080i resolutions? Small fonts or a thick black frame around the skin maybe? It is strange since this was updated recently (and that's why you'll see two font definition files: font-1080i.xml and font.xml).

BTW, which skin were you using at the time you took the screenshot? I'm interested on this information in order to reproduce some glitches I noticed when using this skin.

Thanks in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - McMuzz4 - 2013-09-14

(2013-09-13, 22:27)mazkolain Wrote: Stuttering issues when Artist Slideshow is enabled

This is related to some deadlock issues on the XBMC Python api. I submitted a PR with a fix to the XBMC Github repo, and I'm currently waiting for it to be merged.

Hi,

For the audio stuttering issue another solution is now available...

There is an updated version available of Artist Slideshow that caches the requests to the XBMC Python JSON API that fixes the audio stuttering.

It will be included in an update that will be pushed out automatically released by the Artist Slideshow author pkscout within a week or so, otherwise if you can't wait here is a link to artist slideshow addon that includes a beta version of the fix:
https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/releases/download/v.1.5.5.002/script.artistslideshow.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Evero - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-13, 22:27)mazkolain Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 02:55)Evero Wrote: I got tired of the 720p skin, so I created a 1080i version. Same skin only way prettier on a full HD screen. Might not be perfect, but tested everything i could think of.

Download link here.

For any newbies out there: unzip spotimc.zip (the install file), unzip the 1080i.zip file, and put it in " script.audio.spotimc/resources/skins/DefaultSkin/ " (next to the 720p folder)

Next, edit " script.audio.spotimc/default.py " in your favourite text editor, and change
xml_path = os.path.join(skin_dir, "720p/font.xml")
to
xml_path = os.path.join(skin_dir, "1080i/font.xml")

save, zip the script.audio.spotimc folder again, and reinstall in xbmc (might need to restart xbmc after uninstalling spotimc).

Was a heck of a job to change everything, I'm hoping someone will appreciate this.
I tried downloading your package but it seems that the zip file is corrupt.

Also, what issues were you experiencing on 1080i resolutions? Small fonts or a thick black frame around the skin maybe? It is strange since this was updated recently (and that's why you'll see two font definition files: font-1080i.xml and font.xml).

BTW, which skin were you using at the time you took the screenshot? I'm interested on this information in order to reproduce some glitches I noticed when using this skin.

Thanks in advance!

I wasn't able to reproduce the error with the zip file. "7z e 1080i.zip" worked fine.

When using the "DefaultSkin" skin, everything was really big. What I did was merely change everything in the .xml files in the DefaultSkin folder in order to fit a 1080i resolution.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - artur - 2013-09-16

Awesome job ! UI is a bit too bulky for my taste but I don't mind that much as long as I can access music Smile Thanks mate !

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Blutarsky - 2013-09-29

Amazing add on mate!
Is there a way to launch the add on from XBMC's main menu?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - slinuxgeek - 2013-09-29

@Blutarsky
Edit the Home.xml of the skin, you may need to edit other file if Home.xml is including some other files.
But you can add your own button directly in Home.xml which will display your button with your text as label on Home screen of xbmc.
Like this:
PHP Code:
<control type="button">
      <
posx>80</posx>
      <
posy>60</posy>
      <
width>250</width>
      <
height>200</height>
      <
label>Run Spotify</label>
      <
onclick>RunAddon(script.audio.spotimc)</onclick>
</
control
Clicking on the button will start spotify addon

In file script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/views/newstuff.py
I think this is the main code that brings new stuffs from server:
PHP Code:
@run_in_thread
    def _initialize
(selfsession):

cb NewStuffCallbacks()

self.__search search.Search(

session'tag:new'album_count=60callbacks=cb

How can I modify the code to get My Radio Stations? Spotimc currently does not have this facility.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-06, 13:50)Evero Wrote:

Here's a screenshot of the menu with the smallest font. Note that "New search" slightly overlaps the search icon. This is the only flaw I've found thus far.

I have not tried it yet but accorning to your screenshot there is no change? it still lists 14 songs, with 1080 it would be about 28 songs per screen, if you 2x the resulotion? the buttons are still the same size nothing is smaller and taking advantage of the highter resulution.

Care to explain the point? Smile