Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG (/showthread.php?tid=125574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-19

They are locked down windows, severely locked down!
No access to any networking/sharing resourcesvetc.

All networking communications/services etc (except xbmc to www) are shut down/disabled. They run very limited user accounts and the ONLY real admin access to them is physical (behind a fake wall).

My Eden boxes are my visitor boxes mainly, so I upgrade then when I have to... There is no remote access, no ssh, no ftp, no shared drives or locations, no vnc no nothing the only access is real physical access and all controlled by a £5 MCE remote.. No keyboards or mice.

If there's 1 thing I like doing to myself, it's making my own life difficult Wink
There is a very good reason why these boxes are locked down and maintained this way... It may not seem logical but I can assure you it does make sense in my particular situation Wink

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-04-19

No, it seems very logical. People inherently fiddle, so it's safer that way. Personally I use OpenELEC for exactly that reason, but with SSH access I can at least access stuff and administer them remotely when needed.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - niteowl - 2013-04-24

I'm butting in here but wanted to say that I had to give up on Eden entirely some weeks ago as this addon wouldn't work at all. Dependencies not met etc. Been great since. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - niteowl - 2013-05-02

Hello. Today all my settings for tvcatchup disappeared. Not sure why and it was no biggie to reconfigure but I now have the annoying little empty message box which pops up before the guide is loaded (the one with '1' at the top and 'okay' at the bottom).

In the past I got rid of it by amending the 'checklatestmessage' line in the .py file (thanks to a post on this forum). I checked that file and it's showing the amended line but I'm still getting the pop up box. Any other ideas for getting rid of it would be much appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - clownstyle - 2013-05-04

Ok so TVcatchup stopped working today..

I have a message appear that says "tvcatchup new update 3.0.2 available please update manually"

Seems I am on version 2.1.40 which I have downloaded through the repo... I have tried to update through the repo and also looked online for a new version with no joy.

Any help is welcomed! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-05-04

How odd, there's been no update to the plugin and it certainly wouldn't start with a 3 as I've reserved that for the PVR versions when they start coming out. I did notice there's been an update to OpenELEC to version 3.0.2, are you sure it's not that that's telling you to update manually? As for TVC itself not working, what error are you seeing?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - clownstyle - 2013-05-04

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply Smile

Just a pop-up box that says "There was a problem trying to stream "channel" Please try again later" - This happens with all channels.

Funny you should mention the openelec update.. I just checked the site and there is a 3.0.2 released a few days ago. That must be what it is referring to

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - j1mpst3r - 2013-06-03

Big issue on multiple ATV2's with TVCatchup installed.

On launching XBMC there is immediately an EPG DATA ERROR, which causes XBMC to exit back to the Apple home screen.

Because of the immediate exit there is no way to enter TVCatchup Settings to delete the data.

TVCatchup was not causing any problems prior to this for many many months.

Please Help !!!!!

Re: RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-06-03

(2013-05-04, 14:04)clownstyle Wrote: Hi

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Just a pop-up box that says "There was a problem trying to stream "channel" Please try again later" - This happens with all channels.

Funny you should mention the openelec update.. I just checked the site and there is a 3.0.2 released a few days ago. That must be what it is referring to

OK, can you post your log file please?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - nick w - 2013-06-10

Hi, added the .zip repo but cant see anything to enable/download from it (link was in the first page)?

Is the repo ok?

Was working on an old build i had very well an rebuilt my machine over the weekend and now getting all my addons back!

Thanks
N

Re: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-06-10

The repo doesn't seem to like Frodo, not sure why. Try grabbing the zip directly from http://plugins.tvcatchup.com/~xbmc/addons/script.tvcatchup/script.tvcatchup-2.1.40.zip and see if that works any better.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - nick w - 2013-06-11

Thanks. I will give it a go tonight.

N

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - rudeboyx - 2013-08-06

I've been having issues with the plugin dropping the stream frequently. Maybe 10 min after starting a channel, it stops and returns me to the epg

Its only been doing it for 2 or 3 days as far as i can tell. Not sure if all channels are effected as i tend to only bounce between a couple of channels but it definatley has done in 4 times in the last 40min whilst watching e4.

Anyone else having this issue?

Regards
RBX

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - KevFerguson - 2013-08-07

I can confirm that I have the same issue as RudeBoyX, with some feeds dropping out within seconds of starting, making some channels practically unwatchable.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - rudeboyx - 2013-08-07

Thanks for the confirmation Kev

@ dj_gerbil - I can confirm all other streaming services/plugins work fine with no issues. its just TVcatchup plugin dropping streams. occashionally when I click on a channel in the EPG, it fails to even start streaming. if I wait some time and try again it will then work. issue is intermittant and effects multiple channels.

regards
RBX