Kodi Community Forum
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? (/showthread.php?tid=126652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - sommerfe1d - 2013-10-09

It would be nice to record live tv on a regular schedule. E.g. recording channel 3 every day monday to friday at 3 pm.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - lallhands - 2013-11-06

Dual audio zone capability would be very helpful! I currently use the Eden dual audio patched version now with my 7.1 over HDMI feeding my theater room and analog 2.0 feeding other zones in the house and video distributed via HDMI matrix.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Pi-ro - 2013-11-06

PRET support within XBMC to allow connection to DrFTPd server clusters. That would be AWSEOME!!! I know about 40 people screaming for it myself, and after reading about it, it seems many have been screaming for it for over 5 years.

Is it possible? If so, what is the likelihood we will see it on XBMC? Even better, what is the likelihood we will see it on Gotham?

If it is already possible, can someone point towards some literature? And yes I am a big fat noob, so keep it in layman's terms.

If XBMC is not able to do this, does anyone know of another approach? I guess the DrFTPd relies on PRET (Pretransfer) command, which is not commonplace and I assume the only reason XBMC hasn't implemented such a feature.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - MadScientist - 2013-11-08

Two features I would really like:

- improved Blu ray menu support (full support if poss)

- video source direct option (i.e. native video pass-through)

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - borgmanjayce - 2013-11-08

I already created a thread for what I'd like to see back in July for the next major XBMC version, but I thought I'd mention it again in any case: I'd love to see it possible that smart playlists for genres like anime TV shows, anime movies, anime OVA's and Tokusatsu (Japanese superhero shows) can be added to separate custom menu's on a skin without any problems at all and without having to delete the regular TV and Movie menu's for it to happen.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - tonkyhonkin - 2013-11-08

The ability to create a "set" of movie sets. For example, if I wanted to group all my Marvel movies together, but still keep them in individual movie sets (Iron man collection, etc). Almost like a folder structure within the library.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - jpsdr - 2013-11-08

Ordered chapters.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - rat666 - 2013-11-08

native Video Resolution Passthrou
hdcd decoding
dolby pro logic instead of all channel stereo output
sacd support
graphlcd/graphtft support
second audio out or quick switch audio device via remote control
speaker crossover, level and distance control for analog and pcm output
build in digital room correction
build in DVD Ripper
automatic audio- and videodatabase synchronisation between two or more xbmc installations
buildin color, brightness, saturation etc. Video settings

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Ned Scott - 2013-11-09

(2013-11-08, 15:22)borgmanjayce Wrote: I already created a thread for what I'd like to see back in July for the next major XBMC version, but I thought I'd mention it again in any case: I'd love to see it possible that smart playlists for genres like anime TV shows, anime movies, anime OVA's and Tokusatsu (Japanese superhero shows) can be added to separate custom menu's on a skin without any problems at all and without having to delete the regular TV and Movie menu's for it to happen.

Under development and might make it in/fully polished for Gotham.

(2013-11-08, 17:54)tonkyhonkin Wrote: The ability to create a "set" of movie sets. For example, if I wanted to group all my Marvel movies together, but still keep them in individual movie sets (Iron man collection, etc). Almost like a folder structure within the library.

Already in nightly/monthly builds.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Milhouse - 2013-11-09

(2013-11-09, 02:46)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-11-08, 17:54)tonkyhonkin Wrote: The ability to create a "set" of movie sets. For example, if I wanted to group all my Marvel movies together, but still keep them in individual movie sets (Iron man collection, etc). Almost like a folder structure within the library.

Are there any details on how that is working as I'm running a nightly (admittedly a couple of days old) and can't see anything that allows creation of a "set within a set" (stock Confluence skin). Though I'd have thought this is probably what tags are best used for.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Ned Scott - 2013-11-09

(2013-11-09, 03:04)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 02:46)Ned Scott Wrote:

Are there any details on how that is working as I'm running a nightly (admittedly a couple of days old) and can't see anything that allows creation of a "set within a set" (stock Confluence skin). Though I'd have thought this is probably what tags are best used for.

Oops, misread his post as just creating sets within the XBMC GUI.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - DiMag - 2013-11-09

Replacing XBMC/'s database layout with a fully normalized RDB layout such as discussed/proposed in the GSOC 2013 thread.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - rat666 - 2013-11-09

Aux in support (analog & digital) just for Volume control and Visualisation
Support for DAB/DAB+ and FM Cards
New "Radio" menu Point for Internet, FM, DAB and Sat/Cable Radio
CD/DVD Burn Feature
Build in Internet Browser

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - intertan - 2013-11-10

throwing my votes
1. Trans coding. Would be nice if I could access my stuff when I am on the road over the internet.
2. Blu-ray with menus. I know this is a work in progress.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Littletycoon - 2013-11-11

Sacd iso support