Kodi Community Forum
iOS 5.1 & XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS 5.1 & XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=127233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - misa - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 13:30)shamsudin Wrote: does xbmc work atv2 5.0 jailbroken, if it does, can anyone help with a link or instruction please, i would really appreciate

It's working great when you follow:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369

and take a look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OU-vr3amAo4

When you follow these steps.

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - Memphiz - 2012-04-02

Guys are my instructions wrong or what? I don't get your errors. The first instruction "apt-get update" and the third instruction "apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2" should take care off all that dependency problems you post here.

Did you do these? Did they work without error? Or are you just skipping my instructions and go straight forward to the "dpkg -i" part (that would indeed give these errors you post).

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - PanMan79 - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 13:40)Memphiz Wrote: Guys are my instructions wrong or what? I don't get your errors. The first instruction "apt-get update" and the third instruction "apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2" should take care off all that dependency problems you post here.

Did you do these? Did they work without error? Or are you just skipping my instructions and go straight forward to the "dpkg -i" part (that would indeed give these errors you post).

I will try it out tonight (live in sweden) and i will feedback to you.
You are awesome.
LOVE XBMC

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - misa - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 13:40)Memphiz Wrote: Guys are my instructions wrong or what? I don't get your errors. The first instruction "apt-get update" and the third instruction "apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2" should take care off all that dependency problems you post here.

Instructions are good. I didn't had any problems.

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - NewFolk - 2012-04-02

1)I restored aTV
2)JB
3) install aTV Flash
3) XBMC successfully installed

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - 4akss - 2012-04-02

on this step ---dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb---- terminal stucks on the line ----Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2----- then it writes down

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

I have tried to copy paste the whole code also I tried to paste each line in terminal in order to identify where the problem is. Have never installed xbmc before.

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - XBMCOWNER - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 14:16)4akss Wrote:

on this step ---dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb---- terminal stucks on the line ----Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2----- then it writes down

org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

I have tried to copy paste the whole code also I tried to paste each line in terminal in order to identify where the problem is. Have never installed xbmc before.

Hi what terminal program are you using, use PUTTY works first time

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - waspish - 2012-04-02

I've done it now cheers everyone

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - happyendin21 - 2012-04-02

Quote:I think its unrelated to this ios5.1 thing i fixed here (ios5.1 compatibility is more about how XBMC appears on the screen - 90degree rotated or not Big Grin).

Feel free to open a new thread with all needed info (xbmc.log, syslog, crashreporter log and mediainfo - first link in my signature will tell you how to get those).

I guess you started with XBMC on iOS5.1 directly did you? So its not that you've tested these movies with older iOS versions and only the iOS5.1 version crashes right?

Beside that - did you undo these changes to the guisettings.xml you did? Thats important i think to be sure that take3 fixed it and not your changes to the guisettings.xml Wink

Thanks again for your replies. I should have clarified that I have just recently purchased my atv2 and this is my first time running xbmc from it. on ios 5.1. I have run xbmc on several other devices and never had any problems like this. Thie screen is positioned perfectly though, and I thank you kindly for the work you did to port this to ios 5.1 so quickly. I will open up a new thread with my log files and see what happens.

As far as the directions I had no problems at all using PuTTy. (well done)

As far as the guisettings.xml I was never one to try altering these settings. so no worries there. Again I can't tell you how thankful I am for the work you all have done to make this work. I will be sending some dollars your way.

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - deanmv - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 14:16)4akss Wrote:

org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

You didn't answer and of the questions there. You need to each line one at time in order and if ANY line fails then it will have a knock on effect for the rest of them. Most of the time if you read the output it makes sense as to what has gone wrong. Just make sure you do it in order and one line at a time making sure eatch line before hand has completed successfully.

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - realjobe - 2012-04-02

Hi there.
Eden works quite good on ATV2 5.0 (4099) teathered jailbreak with Seas0npass.
"ATV2-Eden-iOS5.1 compatible take3" worked great. Menu browsing twitches a bit but it does matter.
SMB shares (sources.xml) needed to be edit on PC and then fileZilla'd to correct place.

Pictures thumbnails were created quick and browsing was fast.
DVD .iso movies had no problem to play, navigation with the ATV Remote was bit confusing..
Blueray .iso movies (pure) also played astonising good, despite small buffering issues and slite performace issues..

EXCELENT WORK!
.)

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - Cactus Jack - 2012-04-03

Everything installed smooth, I am wondering if users are missing steps?

It's easy to do when you are copying and pasting

Re: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - bbdor - 2012-04-03

Installed and running!!

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - Falo - 2012-04-03

Installed and running perfectly!

For everyone who needs an step by step tutorial, use the link below.

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2012/04/02/xbmc-11-0-eden-for-apple-tv-2-5-0-ios-5-1-released-how-to-install-tutorial/

ThanX for all the hard work Blush

Falo

RE: iOS 5.1 & XBMC - Memphiz - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 10:21)Falo Wrote: Installed and running perfectly!

For everyone who needs an step by step tutorial, use the link below.

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2012/04/02/xbmc-11-0-eden-for-apple-tv-2-5-0-ios-5-1-released-how-to-install-tutorial/

ThanX for all the hard work Blush

Falo

Since take3 there are no "non-working" reports anymore (and there shouldn't be any). So you can scratch that from your tutorial...