Kodi Community Forum
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! (/showthread.php?tid=128009)

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! - eskro - 2012-04-22

it can be that its ADESSO's IR receiver too!

example, when HTPC is completely OFF,

when pressing PLAY on the ADESSO remote,

does the IR RECEIVER lights up red?

because im thinking some receivers can accept signals even tho the PC is OFF.
and some maybe not.

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! - Beer40oz - 2012-04-22

Well on mine.... nothing turns red...... except when I unplug the USB and plug it back.... the red light turns on ONLY by pressing the power button on my remote.... but no luck on turning on.....

I am wondering if the usb cable is too long.... and not enough power is going to it..... looking for a short cable..... lol

"Found I review on Hooks remote"

This remote connects easily and works well for Windows Media Center. However, I bought this for use with XBMC only to discover that this is not truly a "remote"; It simulates keyboard presses instead, which means that an advanced remote config program such as EventGhost cannot be used as it does not identify almost all of the buttons on the remote. This is dissapointing because It cannot be remapped to work for a custom program (ie controlling winamp, itunes, XBMC, etc). If you are buying this for purely Windows Media Center, than go for it. It's a great deal. If you want something more out of your remote, then look elsewhere.

No. This remote is not the same as a true MCE remote, and is not found by eventghost.

-------------------

Adesso ARC-1100 MCE

So basically.... that is why it turns on from cold....... its acts like a KEYBOARD and not a true MCE remote.....

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "The Messiah" - CpTHOOK - 2012-04-22

(2012-04-22, 17:28)bluray Wrote: You can try these-

1. Make sure your A6-3500 driver is 12.3rev- AMD Catalyst
2. Select AMD HDMI output in W7 control panel/sound/playback
3. Disable "Sync playback to display" in settings/video/playback
4. Can you check in audio output device to see if there is- WASAPI: "your AVR model go here" (AMD high definition device..........)

If after you done all the above and you still having problem, you can try with "High Definition Audio Codecs", and then select Realtek HDMI output/AMD HDMI in W7 control panel/sound/playback.......good luck!

WOW wee.. I finally got something here!

So, I updated codecs and disabled display sync. Also, once new realtek codecs were installed I noticed an additional driver option..."Primary Sound Driver".. so I chose it.

Now both formats sound great! Have not watched a full vid yet, but I tested Startrek1979 full 7.1 DDTrue and Scarface 7.1 DTSMA and both worked without dropouts for about 15min each. Will continue to test, but it looks as if i'm HD Audio gold as of now.

...the messiah build w/HD Audio bitstreaming, PRICELESS!

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! - CpTHOOK - 2012-04-22

(2012-04-22, 20:27)Beer40oz Wrote: "Found I review on Hooks remote"

This remote connects easily and works well for Windows Media Center. However, I bought this for use with XBMC only to discover that this is not truly a "remote"; It simulates keyboard presses instead, which means that an advanced remote config program such as EventGhost cannot be used as it does not identify almost all of the buttons on the remote. No. This remote is not the same as a true MCE remote, and is not found by eventghost.

-------------------

Adesso ARC-1100 MCE

So basically.... that is why it turns on from cold....... its acts like a KEYBOARD and not a true MCE remote.....

Beer, that review may be very old. I'm using EventGhost with this remote. EventGhost not only recognized the remote, but has special pre-sets for the Adesso. I found this remote by looking into the EventGhost forums. There is however an additional script you have to add in order for the mouse option to work tho".

SO, this remote is very compatible with EG!

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! - Chuck King - 2012-04-22

CpTHOOK you are the man! Thanks for the Vid and showing how to power on the comp via usb keyboard. I can power on with my K400!

CpTHOOK, can u verify this 4 me please ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128009&pid=1083757#pid1083757

thanks!

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "The Messiah" - Beer40oz - 2012-04-22

(2012-04-22, 21:42)CpTHOOK Wrote: [quote='bluray' pid='1083635' dateline='1335108522']

So, I updated codecs and disabled display sync. Also, once new realtek codecs were installed I noticed an additional driver option..."Primary Sound Driver".. so I chose it.

Now both formats sound great! Have not watched a full vid yet, but I tested Startrek1979 full 7.1 DDTrue and Scarface 7.1 DTSMA and both worked without dropouts for about 15min each. Will continue to test, but it looks as if i'm HD Audio gold as of now.

Very nice you got it to work! this will help people...... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Yup "The Messiah" it's priceless.....wait until you get your 300-65 ..... Smile

and the 90w Power Brick!

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "The Messiah" - bluray - 2012-04-22

(2012-04-22, 21:42)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 17:28)bluray Wrote: You can try these-

1. Make sure your A6-3500 driver is 12.3rev- AMD Catalyst
2. Select AMD HDMI output in W7 control panel/sound/playback
3. Disable "Sync playback to display" in settings/video/playback
4. Can you check in audio output device to see if there is- WASAPI: "your AVR model go here" (AMD high definition device..........)

If after you done all the above and you still having problem, you can try with "High Definition Audio Codecs", and then select Realtek HDMI output/AMD HDMI in W7 control panel/sound/playback.......good luck!

That is the outcome I want to see.......it's time to enjoy bitstreaming HD audio then......throw Thor 7.1 in there, you'll be impress....Nod

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "The Messiah" - CpTHOOK - 2012-04-22

(2012-04-22, 23:03)bluray Wrote: That is the outcome I want to see.......it's time to enjoy bitstreaming HD audio then......throw Thor 7.1 in there, you'll be impress....Nod

lol....thanks man!!

Wifey beat me too it, had to put on Mission Impossible GP(DDTrue7.1) once she heard me jump for joy that it was working. Thor afterwards...

(2012-04-22, 22:27)eskro Wrote: CpTHOOK, can u verify this 4 me please ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128009&pid=1083757#pid1083757

thanks!

Yes... IR turns red and HTPC turns on with any button press from a cold boot! You may be absolutely correct. Seems like your investigating the IR itself. This remote is looks pretty generic(aside from mouse option), so the same IR receiver for the Adesso is prolly used in a bunch of different remote combos.
(2012-04-22, 22:18)Chuck King Wrote: CpTHOOK you are the man! Thanks for the Vid and showing how to power on the comp via usb keyboard. I can power on with my K400!

Your very welcome sir... but all credit due to Beer40oz for the Build idea.....Eskro for the A63500 info and of course Mr. Blu-Ray for being patient with me through this HD audio snafu!!

Next thing to due is create an Acronis image and wait for isk-65 case!

yepp, !!

even tho some motherboard, like the A75M-ITX
are capable of leaving their USB ports 'still on' when the PC is completely OFF,

im leaning towards the IR receivers themselves are also responsible here...

i believe some will accept IR signals when the PC is completely OFF and some not..

and looks like your ADESSO IR receiver is one that accept IR signals when the PC is completely OFF.

If Beer40 could try it, and his 65 case, this would seal the DeaL!!

then, we'll start to document working IR Receivers like the ADESSO!!

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! - Beer40oz - 2012-04-23

so if i buy the ADESSO remote.... you think I may be able to use my own mediagate MCE with the receiver from the adesso?

That would be awesome.... becasue..... I don't like the looks of the adesso..... i think its FUGLY.... lol

Would love to use mine..... if so...... ill buy the adesso and try it out..... unless.... we can find the IR receiver by itself....

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "The Messiah" - bluray - 2012-04-23

(2012-04-22, 23:29)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 23:03)bluray Wrote: That is the outcome I want to see.......it's time to enjoy bitstreaming HD audio then......throw Thor 7.1 in there, you'll be impress....Nod

lol....thanks man!!

Wifey beat me too it, had to put on Mission Impossible GP(DDTrue7.1) once she heard me jump for joy that it was working. Thor afterwards...
If you have dual subs as I do, MI GP TrueHD audio is awsome too.....I rocks the house for almost 2 hrs with it yesterday....the kids and my wife went to swim yesterday....I had the theater room by myself....Big Grin

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! - eskro - 2012-04-23

(2012-04-23, 00:00)Beer40oz Wrote: so if i buy the ADESSO remote.... you think I may be able to use my own mediagate MCE with the receiver from the adesso?
not %100 sure here, because im not sure the ADESSO
register under HID as eHOME transceiver. just like your kit Beer40.

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! - Beer40oz - 2012-04-23

(2012-04-23, 00:04)eskro Wrote:
(2012-04-23, 00:00)Beer40oz Wrote: so if i buy the ADESSO remote.... you think I may be able to use my own mediagate MCE with the receiver from the adesso?
not %100 sure here, because im not sure the ADESSO
register under HID as eHOME transceiver. just like your kit Beer40.

I will just stay as I am now.... I am happy with my rig..... use ipazz to turn on if I am lazy to press the button.... lol Tongue