Kodi Community Forum
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! (/showthread.php?tid=128009)

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "A6-PACK" - Beer40oz - 2012-05-05

(2012-05-05, 21:32)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 20:48)sirreef Wrote: Blu,

I noticed the rig in your post uses an A8. Should I go to that level or is that really overkill?

I mean, I'm hoping to get good performance out of the GUI and the movies. Not really using it for anything else.
If you like to watch blu-ray movie while transcode/rip/video editing in the background, A8 is your best option. If you just need it for playback blu-ray, A6 should be good to go.....

Good! now I love just to have a dedicated box just for XBMC (HTPC) and a separate PC to do all the hard work.

Reason the A6-PACK got build.

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "A6-PACK" - eskro - 2012-05-05

(2012-05-05, 21:36)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 21:32)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 20:48)sirreef Wrote: Blu,

I noticed the rig in your post uses an A8. Should I go to that level or is that really overkill?

I mean, I'm hoping to get good performance out of the GUI and the movies. Not really using it for anything else.
If you like to watch blu-ray movie while transcode/rip/video editing in the background, A8 is your best option. If you just need it for playback blu-ray, A6 should be good to go.....

Good! now I love just to have a dedicated box just for XBMC (HTPC) and a separate PC to do all the hard work.

Reason the A6-PACK got build.

+1, this is the way to go 4 me 2!! FTW!!

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "A6-PACK" - ragedogg69 - 2012-05-05

(2012-05-05, 20:13)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 19:45)Beer40oz Wrote: Your good....

I don't know much of the HD Audio....

but bluray and CptHook do......

they will help you out.......
Since beginning of time, and I'll be glad to help. You can find the info in my signature too.......Nod

and that signature really does help. I built this a6 pack last night and used your post for bit streaming dts HD ma and true HD. I spend around 275 for it just by getting cashback, rebates and waiting for sales. just need to get an it receiver, and this will be the perfect setup. can't decide on repinning an Intel cir or just stick with the trusty HP.

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "A6-PACK" - Beer40oz - 2012-05-06

Ok guys and gals!

First problems on the HTPC.......

While watching a 1080P video it did a HARD SHUT OFF...... crap.... (this is with the 65w brick)

Ok so I Prime95 and it did a hard shut off again!

So I tested with the 90w brick I have and prime95 again ...... this time it took it a little longer about 5 minutes and it did a hard shut off too......

NOW

I believe the culprit is the RAM or the MOBO..... doing MEMTEST .... now

will be testing...... Sad

This days all this hardware are so sensitive.

(some dells that I worked on all the mobo's are doing a hard shut off till replaced the mobo) Sad

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "A6-PACK" - eskro - 2012-05-06

wow this sucks.
what the hell is going on with hardware these days.
so fragile man...

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "A6-PACK" - MrKay - 2012-05-06

beer there are some reviews on new egg about this and there saying it's the power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129068&Tpk=antec%20300-65

I have read the reviews..... I have a feeling it's not the power supply. I had this problem before. Changed mobo's and it's fixed.
I will test my power supply.....

Also I am thinking of giving Asrock another change and RMA or buy

Asus F1A75-I DELUXE FM1 A75 Mini itx

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_Socket_FM1/F1A75I_DELUXE/#overview

After reading your post am a bit scared. Since my motherboard didn't come sealed up it was folded in the antistatic bag once i opened the box plus theres this review on amazon uk. I think it's the motherboard form reading this review

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B005JI5B9I/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

MrKay it's hard to say on equipment..... I have two other Asrocks that are working perfect.... just bad luck I got a bad one. Not everyone will get a bad one. This is like my 5th bad one.... Sad Biostar, Asrock, Gigabyte they have all crapped out.

MrKay..... man sorry to hear your mobo came like that...

Hope you fix the problem beer. I just hope i didn't get someone's bad motherboard that they sent back to amazon uk and amazon uk sent it to me. Since it didn't come sealed up. Normally these things come sealed up

fingers crossed

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "A6-PACK" - maddog808 - 2012-05-06

Dude! That's weird! I was pushing my A6 pretty hard last night. Added a bunch of cartoons to sickbeard for the kids. It was downloading, unpacking, and post-processing like crazy. All the while we were watching old school Beastie Boys videos on YouTube in memory of Adam Yauch (RIP).

All of a sudden, I had a BSOD for a split second, then a reboot. Next came the error message, "please use a valid boot device, blah blah blah". The MoBo didn't recognize my OCZ SSD. I took it out and tested it on a different PC, same results. Booted into Parted Magic, still nothing. This SSD is toast. Probably couldn't handle the load of all the Usenet app activity. Luckily, it came with a 3 year warranty, so I started the RMA process last night.

I happened to have a old 250GB WD Caviar Blue that came out of a Dell desktop (which is now a Unraid server). I put it in my A6 pack, ran secure erase with Parted Magic, loaded Windows 7, XBMC, SAB, Sickbeard, Couch Potato, and configured everything again.

My suspicions about SSDs have been confirmed. The ONLY difference it made with this A6 pack I just built was quicker boot times. Navigating through XBMC menus and libraries is actually quicker with the WD Caviar Blue HDD. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Also, I still have to do all the Usenet stuff at night, or I get buffering while watching movies, listening to music, etc. I'm for sure moving the Usenet apps to my Unraid box because of this.

well, OCZ SSD's, they aren't recommended...

RE: Antec ISK 300-65 HTPC A6-3500 Very Quiet! "A6-PACK" - r1lee - 2012-05-06

(2012-05-06, 06:30)eskro Wrote: well, OCZ SSD's, they aren't recommended...

beat me to it.. Smile

(2012-05-06, 06:22)maddog808 Wrote: Dude! That's weird! I was pushing my A6 pretty hard last night. Added a bunch of cartoons to sickbeard for the kids. It was downloading, unpacking, and post-processing like crazy. All the while we were watching old school Beastie Boys videos on YouTube in memory of Adam Yauch (RIP).

All of a sudden, I had a BSOD for a split second, then a reboot. Next came the error message, "please use a valid boot device, blah blah blah". The MoBo didn't recognize my OCZ SSD. I took it out and tested it on a different PC, same results. Booted into Parted Magic, still nothing. This SSD is toast. Probably couldn't handle the load of all the Usenet app activity. Luckily, it came with a 3 year warranty, so I started the RMA process last night.

I happened to have a old 250GB WD Caviar Blue that came out of a Dell desktop (which is now a Unraid server). I put it in my A6 pack, ran secure erase with Parted Magic, loaded Windows 7, XBMC, SAB, Sickbeard, Couch Potato, and configured everything again.

My suspicions about SSDs have been confirmed. The ONLY difference it made with this A6 pack I just built was quicker boot times. Navigating through XBMC menus and libraries is actually quicker with the WD Caviar Blue HDD. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Also, I still have to do all the Usenet stuff at night, or I get buffering while watching movies, listening to music, etc. I'm for sure moving the Usenet apps to my Unraid box because of this.

Man thanx for this... I will always avoid that brand of SSD.....

Oh yes my Lian Li Phenom 4 when I have all that stuff in the background and it starts to transfer files to the server and watching a VID on xbmc is when it will starts to buffer....

That is why I went with just a dedicated system for HTPC..... nothing else to run in the background. Big Grin

Now I just have to get it to work again...... LOL damit!

RIP Adam Yauch .....Beastie Boys ROCK!!!!!!

Dam I was listening to there album Hello Nasty this past Friday on my way to work... great album...

Ill Communication my favorite!

"Make Some Noise" Smile