Kodi Community Forum
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! (/showthread.php?tid=128009)

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Hoox - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-23, 00:51)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 18:04)Hoox Wrote: I just finished a build like this.
Antec ISK 110 case, Asrock A75M-ITX mb, A6-3500 cpu, Crucial M4 64GB SSD etc.

However, I'm having sync problems on videos. Running both audio and video through HDMI. Every video is out of sync. H.264 and XviD. Both streamed from NFS share and played from local folder.
I'm running Win 7 x64 with Eden final. Did I miss any specific setting? Have anybody else experienced this?

Try a nightly build - this will include AE which isn't in Eden final

If you have problems with the latest nightly I can check what version I'm running tomorrow. With the version I am using I've had no problems, also have same spec HTPC as you.

Hope this helps! Smile

Thanks for your suggestion, jack0w.
I installed newest nightly, but it's the same problem. Could be I'm just seeing the 24p sync bug?
Can you post your audio settings from XBMC? I'd like to see if I need to change something.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - jack0w - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-23, 08:04)Hoox Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 00:51)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 18:04)Hoox Wrote: I just finished a build like this.
Antec ISK 110 case, Asrock A75M-ITX mb, A6-3500 cpu, Crucial M4 64GB SSD etc.

However, I'm having sync problems on videos. Running both audio and video through HDMI. Every video is out of sync. H.264 and XviD. Both streamed from NFS share and played from local folder.
I'm running Win 7 x64 with Eden final. Did I miss any specific setting? Have anybody else experienced this?

Try a nightly build - this will include AE which isn't in Eden final

If you have problems with the latest nightly I can check what version I'm running tomorrow. With the version I am using I've had no problems, also have same spec HTPC as you.

Hope this helps! Smile

I installed newest nightly, but it's the same problem. Could be I'm just seeing the 24p sync bug?
Can you post your audio settings from XBMC? I'd like to see if I need to change something.

I recall that when I tried the Eden final build I experienced audio sync issues but switching to an AE build solved it for me.

Anyway, here are my settings for you to try.

Video, Playback:
Render Method: DXVA
Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2): On
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: On
Sync playback to Display: On
A/V sync Method: Video clock (Drop/Dupe audio)

System Settings, Video output:
Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen: Off

System Settings, Audio output:
Audio output: HDMI
Speaker Configuration: 5.1
Audio output device: WASAPI: HDMI - ADM HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio)
Passthrough output device: WASAPI: HDMI - ADM HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio)

Hope this helps! Smile

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Hoox - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-23, 15:19)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 08:04)Hoox Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 00:51)jack0w Wrote: Try a nightly build - this will include AE which isn't in Eden final

Hope this helps! Smile

I recall that when I tried the Eden final build I experienced audio sync issues but switching to an AE build solved it for me.

Video, Playback:

Passthrough output device: WASAPI: HDMI - ADM HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio)

Hope this helps! Smile

Thanks jack0w!
All official nightly builds have AE now, right?
Also, should both Adjust display refresh rate to match video and Sync playback to Display be on? I was under the impression that this was kind of one or the other?

Re: RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - jack0w - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-23, 20:32)Hoox Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 15:19)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 08:04)Hoox Wrote: Thanks for your suggestion, jack0w.

Video, Playback:

Hope this helps! Smile

Thanks jack0w!
Also, should both Adjust display refresh rate to match video and Sync playback to Display be on? I was under the impression that this was kind of one or the other?

Yeah that's right!

I could be wrong here in using both but have perfect playback with these settings - do they work for you?

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Hoox - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-24, 14:14)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 20:32)Hoox Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 15:19)jack0w Wrote: I recall that when I tried the Eden final build I experienced audio sync issues but switching to an AE build solved it for me.

Video, Playback:

Hope this helps! Smile

Thanks jack0w!

Yeah that's right!

I could be wrong here in using both but have perfect playback with these settings - do they work for you?

Seems like the settings work for my 24p files. However, XBMC is stuttering alot when playing other content with Sync Playback to Display enabled.
I'm starting to think this has something to do with my TV specs or Surround Receiver... Sad

Re: RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - jack0w - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-25, 19:00)Hoox Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 14:14)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 20:32)Hoox Wrote: Thanks jack0w!

Yeah that's right!

Seems like the settings work for my 24p files. However, XBMC is stuttering alot when playing other content with Sync Playback to Display enabled.
I'm starting to think this has something to do with my TV specs or Surround Receiver... Sad

Hmm, well I've tested a range of media on my build both 50hz and 60hz content with no such problems.

In case it helps, I'm using an Onkyo 507 & Panasonic G20 Plasma.

Only other thing that occurs to me is possibly an EDID issue - though I don't have any experience in dealing with them. You should be able to find some relevant info on the forums.

Hope this helps! Smile

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - djfourmoney - 2012-07-01

No Live TV huh.... I use WMC with XBMC. XBMC for Archived Media (TV Shows/Movies), Streaming Content and Console Emulation (Advanced Launcher). DVR and Live TV with Media Center.

I also have a A6-3500 but I just put it in my previously used Antec Sonata case with Bronze 500W PSU, not sure what idle current is or when watching media, I'm too cheap to get a meter.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - bluray - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 08:03)djfourmoney Wrote: No Live TV huh.... I use WMC with XBMC. XBMC for Archived Media (TV Shows/Movies), Streaming Content and Console Emulation (Advanced Launcher). DVR and Live TV with Media Center.

I also have a A6-3500 but I just put it in my previously used Antec Sonata case with Bronze 500W PSU, not sure what idle current is or when watching media, I'm too cheap to get a meter.
I linked XBMC to 7MCE as stated in my "post #751" to use 7MCE for live TV and launch XBMC within 7MCE to playback BD file.....

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - waver123 - 2012-07-04

ordered the 90W pico from 321short-circuit via beer's link to replace the stock power supply in my 300-150 case.....the pico is so small and after taking out the stock ps the case is so much cleaner and use less power! Great stuff.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Beer40oz - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-04, 19:11)waver123 Wrote: ordered the 90W pico from 321short-circuit via beer's link to replace the stock power supply in my 300-150 case.....the pico is so small and after taking out the stock ps the case is so much cleaner and use less power! Great stuff.

Hey waver... pico's are great stuff... the 90w is great, it does not touch the ram.

Is your's more silent now?

Big Grin

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - GortWillSaveUs - 2012-07-04

Question: Do the power bricks get hot, warm,....just wondering because I remember a laptop I had once,..and man that brick ran hot.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Beer40oz - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-04, 20:22)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Question: Do the power bricks get hot, warm,....just wondering because I remember a laptop I had once,..and man that brick ran hot.

Warm and hot... it depends what you are doing.... I never had one fail on me ever.... but my brother recently his fell on his laptop but it was a 6 year old brick from Compaq.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - waver123 - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-04, 19:18)Beer40oz Wrote: Hey waver... pico's are great stuff... the 90w is great, it does not touch the ram.

Big Grin

Oh yeah, the antec case fan is ok @ low but when the power supply fan kicks in it's quite noisy, not to mention that crappy ps seems to generate a lot of heat (I think it's efficiency is quite bad)

I think I'll order another one and try to get one install into an antec isk100 case for fun Smile I like the isk100 case since it's smaller and the top is perforated so should be good for airflow, however the case is so cramped with the long cables and the dc board taking up space. With the pico I've more power and now have the space on the right to route the cables for a cleaner interior, heh. Now have to go back and read some of the threads on those low profile hs....... the shrukein don't fit in this case.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - KraziJoe - 2012-07-05

(2012-07-04, 22:51)waver123 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 19:18)Beer40oz Wrote: Hey waver... pico's are great stuff... the 90w is great, it does not touch the ram.

Big Grin

Oh yeah, the antec case fan is ok @ low but when the power supply fan kicks in it's quite noisy, not to mention that crappy ps seems to generate a lot of heat (I think it's efficiency is quite bad)

I think I'll order another one and try to get one install into an antec isk100 case for fun Smile I like the isk100 case since it's smaller and the top is perforated so should be good for airflow, however the case is so cramped with the long cables and the dc board taking up space. With the pico I've more power and now have the space on the right to route the cables for a cleaner interior, heh. Now have to go back and read some of the threads on those low profile hs....... the shrukein don't fit in this case.

Sure it does with some mods...

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Hoox - 2012-07-09

So, I still got the problem regarding 24p sync, that it seems like no one else has with this hardware.
Here is some info about my setup.
Hardware info:
A6-3500 APU, Asrock A75M-ITX MB, 4Gb Kingston HyperX PnP, Crucial M4 SSD, Antec ISK 110.
The HTPC is connected with HDMI to my AVR, Yamaha RX-V3067 and from there to my TV, Samsung UE55C6005. I have tryed both with and without a Geffen HDMI Detective between my HTPC and AVR to eliminate EDID problems.

Software info:
Windows 7 x64 SP1 with XBMC stable 11.0 and nightly 20120621.
Otherwise clean install with no antivirus and no specific security settings.

Video - Settings
Render method: DXVA
Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2): on
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: on
Pause during refresh change: 1,5 seconds
Sync playback to display: off

System - Settings
Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen: off
Vertical blank sync: Always enabled

System - Audio
Speaker configuration: 5.1
Boost volume level on downmix: on
Output stereo to all speakers: off
Dolby digital (AC3) capable receiver: on
DTS capable receiver: on
AAC capable receiver: off
Multichannel LPCM capable receiver: on
TrueHD capable receiver: on
DTS-HD capable receiver: on
Audio output device: wasapi:AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)
Passthrough output device: WASAPI: HDMI - AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)

AMD Catalyst driver 12.4 and 12.6.
Everything in Video Quality disabled except "Enforce Smooth Video Playback".

Else pretty much followed the settings from Beer40oz regarding bios settings etc.

Does anyone have any pointers to how I can solve this? I replaced my old HTPC because I wanted a tested failsafe setup, and then I run into this Sad