Kodi Community Forum
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! (/showthread.php?tid=128009)

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Xexiz - 2012-10-02

I wish Beer could build us A6-PACK for a living and distribute them Wink I would have it much quicker than having to try building it myself hehe. And then having to figure out how to setup XBMC since i've never really played with it, and then I need to find the way to get Netflix US and Hulu on it and Live TV / TV Recording!! Smile
Can't wait.. I want it now.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Big_Al - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 22:42)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-10-02, 14:11)Big_Al Wrote: Hey Beer40oz, this is a great thread. When I saw your clip of your system running I was really impressed and instantly knew that's what I wanted!
I've not had time to read it all so sorry if these questions have been asked before or I sound like a bit of a noob, but here goes.

1. Where is your media stored?
2. If stored separately from the XBMC, how are they connected?
3. Do you update your first post with all your current parts to save me (and others) going through the whole thread to check which parts you've found to be the best?

That's it for now but I'm sure I'll be back with more. Cheers.

My media is stored in my unRAID rig... see my sig?
Connected via cat6 cables and on a gigabit network...
Yes my first page has been updated since day one... have not changed nothing except that I found the dongle that turns on your HTPC from a cold start.... its all on page one.

Llano works (a6-3500) and it's been tested over and over again... tons of people have it on this community now... I recommend it. It just works...

It's crazy to read all the pages...

I am here to help and some other guys. Tongue

Big Grin

Thanks for that, that explains how it runs so fast. What Im looking for is a wireless connection between rig and XBMC, what are the options here? So far I've not had to much luck. PS3 is too laggy, WDTV LIve MS was even worse. Is this just the nature of wireless? I'm tired of tripping over the 6 meter cat6 cable running through my house to connect the PC to the PS3.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - bluray - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-02, 18:37)Xexiz Wrote:
(2012-10-02, 18:00)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-02, 17:03)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I am a bit more conservative. I am not going to recommend something that came out today, the only reviews are from carefully staged and pre-released product and that I haven't even tried yet.

Once things settle down, I see some reviews, there's actually some mini-itx motherboards released and more widespread availability, especially of the higher-end 65W Trinity APUs, then I'll see how it's going.

My hope though is to be replacing Llano with Trinity. I am just not ready to do that today on day one.
It'll cost you some bucks to replace both FM1 CPU and mobo with the latest FM2 CPU and mobo.......would as well build another PC...Wink

Since Xexiz is building a new PC, I'm highly recommending the latest Trinity......

Test Setup And Benchmarks

I for sure will go with the FM2.. I should normally wait until november until I purchase so until then reviews and problems should be on the web! Just fucked with this Scythe Shuriken 1000 Sad Is it only the braket that is not the same and that's why it does not support FM1 and FM2 ? Also, just noticed. the new Trinity is only dual-core..
You'll have plenty of times to read reviews by then. With the new model, it'll be easier to upgrade in the future. For almost the same price, you'll gain 1.5GHz of speed and better iGPU too. The 65w Trinitys are dual-core, but the 100w Trinity are quad-core......AMD A8-5600K Trinity 3.6GHz....

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Dougie Fresh - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-02, 23:19)Xexiz Wrote: I wish Beer could build us A6-PACK for a living and distribute them Wink I would have it much quicker than having to try building it myself hehe. And then having to figure out how to setup XBMC since i've never really played with it, and then I need to find the way to get Netflix US and Hulu on it and Live TV / TV Recording!! Smile

Inspired by the A6-PACK and ready-built: E-i5 A6-PACK or E-i7 A6-PACK.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Xexiz - 2012-10-03

Wow, I am impressed how few mini-ATX motherboard there is in the market.. Now that I've took time to understand the difference between mini and micro. The only motherboard announced I could found that support the FM2 would be AsRock FM2A75M-ITX

EDIT: Actually, found 2 more now MSI A85IA-E53, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Dougie Fresh - 2012-10-03

Yes, looking forward to mini-ITX motherboards. The ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 has been great.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - bluray - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 03:46)Xexiz Wrote: Wow, I am impressed how few mini-ATX motherboard there is in the market.. Now that I've took time to understand the difference between mini and micro. The only motherboard announced I could found that support the FM2 would be AsRock FM2A75M-ITX
Trinity is barely released yesterday. You'll see more FM2 motherboards on the market shortly......

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - Beer40oz - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 00:12)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-10-02, 23:19)Xexiz Wrote: I wish Beer could build us A6-PACK for a living and distribute them Wink I would have it much quicker than having to try building it myself hehe. And then having to figure out how to setup XBMC since i've never really played with it, and then I need to find the way to get Netflix US and Hulu on it and Live TV / TV Recording!! Smile

Inspired by the A6-PACK and ready-built: E-i5 A6-PACK or E-i7 A6-PACK.

It's a wana be.... Blush Glad that it inspired you.... you also helped out making the A6-Pack... so you get credit for it too..... Big Grin

The ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 yes it has been an awesome board.... all my mother boards are from Asrock...

If I started building A6-PACK's for a living I will be too drunk.....

(2012-10-02, 22:59)eskro Wrote: for real, the more i look into it even after being away
for a while becuz of my work,
i truly still think that the a6-pack reigns supreme!!

i mean, yeah, u can go on and stuff a trinity 65w tdp APU in your htpc but,
overall, beer's htpc has been tested like nutz and it simply the best in my opinion.

price is hard to beat. eats XBMC with any heavy skins for breakfest.
u still have a slim optical slot if ever needed for a bd-writer.
and u have front usb ports which is best to use with IR dongles and stuff...

cant go wrong man, A6-pack is insane and still the best!!

They are really kind words!!!! with out you the A6-PACK would of not been what it has been.
This has been fun! I can't wait to build something else if time and money allows...

Wink

(2012-10-03, 10:06)Beer40oz Wrote: If I started building A6-PACK's for a living I will be too drunk.....

I am. All the time. Smile

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! - eskro - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 10:06)Beer40oz Wrote: They are really kind words!!!! with out you the A6-PACK would of not been what it has been.
This has been fun! I can't wait to build something else if time and money allows...

5400K-PACK
!!

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! A6-PACK - Dougie Fresh - 2012-10-03

A10-PACK and A8-PACK v2.0

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! A6-PACK - eskro - 2012-10-03

as long as the APUs have 65W TDP, your safe and you can use the Big Shuriken!!

5400K-PacK (dual core)
5500-PacK (quad-core)
5700-PacK (quad-core)

i wouldnt go for 100W TDP.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! A6-PACK - Dougie Fresh - 2012-10-03

An A6-5400K underclocked/undervolted down to 45W/35W TDP might make an interesting mini-ITX HTPC.

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! A6-PACK - Xexiz - 2012-10-03

5700-PacK (quad-core) would be really tempting and make me bullet proof for 5-8years easy!! Smile A10 series gives a huge performance boost and all that staying to 65W which would be great and would not force me to grab a 150+ PSU

Features and Benefits (http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/a-series/Pages/a-series-pib.aspx)
Build or upgrade your system with an AMD A-Series processor that fits your needs:

2nd Gen AMD A4 Processors feature:
  • AMD App Acceleration1 – Boosts the speed of everyday PC applications
  • Support for DirectX®11 - Enables the very latest in high-speed, high-fidelity gaming and computing
  • All-New AMD Quick Stream Technology2 – Enables virtually uninterrupted, fast, smooth streaming video over the Internet
  • All-New AMD Steady Video Technology 2.03 – Helps stabilize shaky and jittery online and home video during playback for a smoother viewing experience

2nd Gen AMD A6 Processors include all of the above features, plus:
  • AMD Radeon Dual Graphics4 capability – Combines two powerful AMD Radeon graphics processors to dramatically boost graphics and gaming performance
  • All-New HD Media Accelerator - Includes AMD’s all new architecture that makes video rich, clear and more stable, enables uninterrupted video streaming and accelerates conversion of video files for sharing on other devices
  • AMD Performance Advantage5 – Enables your desktop PC to deliver a faster, more powerful PC experience than a comparable notebook through higher frequencies and more compute power
  • AMD Start Now Technology6 – Supports BIOS optimized solution for quick resume that allows users to wake up system from sleep mode in under 2 seconds, from boot time in as few as 14 seconds
  • AMD Turbo Core 3.0 Technology - Automatically scales performance on demand to provide extra performance when you need it most

2nd Gen AMD A8 Processors include all of the above features, plus:
  • Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray 3D capability – Provides the ability to watch that latest Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray 3D movies on your desktop
  • AMD Eyefinity Technology7 capability – Enables multidisplay technology for an immersive gaming, entertainment and productivity experience with up to 4 monitors
  • AMD HD3D Technology8 – Enables an outstanding 3D experience for movies, photos and gaming content

AMD A10 Processors include all of the above features, plus:
  • Quad-core accelerated performance
  • Up to 4.2 GHz Max Turbo9
  • 384 AMD Radeon cores 2.0 for blazing fast computing
  • Unlock your potential by selecting the overclockable10 Black Edition
  • 45% more graphics performance than 1st Gen AMD A8 APUs11
  • 26% better system performance than 1st Gen AMD A8 APUs12

RE: Antec ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent! A6-PACK - Beer40oz - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 14:23)Dougie Fresh Wrote: A10-PACK and A8-PACK v2.0

You have to keep the PACK series alive.... since you are building at the moment get some new systems out! Blush

Time for the Tequila series.... or what ever... jeje