Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=128480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 18:28)waiting485 Wrote: Hi bluray,

Maybe you can help me with the following, I build my HTPC system with i3 3225 and ASRock H77m, I have installed windows 8 and using the Frodo Beta package (for HD audio), my receiver is capable of decoding both Dolby Tru-HD and DTS HD-MSTR, when I try to play a bluray mkv, the frame rate drops to very low and there is no sound, I used the link on first page to update intel drivers, but all it does it shows me what intel graphic card or system I have, does not provide me a link or auto download the latest drivers.

Do I have to manually find the drivers and load? if yes, then what driver you suggest for above system to enable bitstream?

Thanks
Yes, you can manually update the latest Intel driver for your i3-3225 from here- Intel Download Center. You don't need any other driver other than Intel latest driver to bitstream......

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - waiting485 - 2012-11-29

Thanks bluray,

I am able to bitstream HD audio now.

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-12-01

(2012-11-29, 15:29)waiting485 Wrote: Thanks bluray,

I am able to bitstream HD audio now.
I'm glad that you can bitstream HD audio now.....Nod

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - DigitalAnvil - 2012-12-06

I'm currently having HD Audio issues (I believe).

I tried all of the methods mentioned in your post and went through this and 3 other audio related threads, trying almost everyhing without success. I was either not able to get TrueHD and DTS HD to show up in control panel and/or would experience slow and choppy playback. So I went ahead and installed everything as I normally would on any one of my other desktops...Installed all of the default drivers from mobo manufacturer, including the Realtek drivers and leaving DXVA enabled. Usign Wasapi on both settings in XBMC as well. Having both XBMC and windows setup as 7.1 speaker config and now all my videos work. My receivers playsback everything and the correct (Dolby TrueHD,DTS-HD and so on is being used as well). The only snafu im running into now is that anything in advanced launcher (mainly just emulators), do not have any sound.

The emulators themselves work fine with full sound if launched from outside XBMC. They also work fine if I remove all drivers and apps from manufacter and use the stock ones with Windows (however when I do that, I no longer have HD Audio anymore)

What could be wrong or could I have not setup correctly? (Issue is the same on box new HTPC's that I put together last month)

Intel i7 3770K
Asrock Z77E-ITX
Windows 8
(one is connected to Pioneer SC-57 [then to GoogleTV and then Sony 60inch TV 1080i] and the other Pioneer VSX-1127-K [direct to Sony 47inch TV 720P])

It's as if XBMC took over the sound and won't share with any app....

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - puntloos - 2012-12-06

Can I just play Devil's Advocate here?

Why would you ever want to bitstream? It's a useless idea (with a couple of exceptions). Let me clarify. What I do is I tell XBMC to (losslessly) decode everything to LPCM, 24 bits at the source sampling frequency.

Here are the PRO's for doing this:
- XBMC's audio processing (always) works. I.e. volume control, Night Mode (DRC), equalizer if you need it.
- No need for your receiver to switch to different decoders each time a new type of source is connected
- Decoders can and will be updated and improved versus static and possibly low quality decoders fixed in hardware.

There are only two CONs I can think of:
- XBMC can not decode DTS-MA. - Fair enough point, although a/ this is very rare, and b/ in that specific case, indeed bitstream away.
- CPU power. - OK, if you are decoding on some type of slightly underpowered device like a Raspberry pi, it might become an issue, but on my D2700 atom-based system, playing 1080p+DTS costs about 6% CPU, presumably the audio-part is no more than 2-3%. From a power consumption point of view, hey, sure, you are using CPU cycles but don't forget, the amplifier wont use its decoder.

To counter the point that Postprocessing causes loss of audio quality
- Then don't postprocess (just decode to LPCM) and the point is moot. Furthermore, *upconverting* to 24bits is lossless, and at that point you can do a decent bit of volume control without much quality loss. I'm not advocating up(or down) sampling mind you. That's also a bad idea.

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 17:40)DigitalAnvil Wrote: Intel i7 3770K
Asrock Z77E-ITX
Windows 8
(one is connected to Pioneer SC-57 [then to GoogleTV and then Sony 60inch TV 1080i] and the other Pioneer VSX-1127-K [direct to Sony 47inch TV 720P])

There must something disconnected in XBMC advanced launcher. I can playback through XBMC media player and TMT5 media player in my system without issue. TMT5 launch within XBMC as external player using playercorefactory. Both XBMC and TMT5 can playback 1080p video and bitstreaming HD audio.....

You can give Frodo Beta 2 a try to see if it make any different. I tried it yesterday, and everything worked fine on my PC's- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - DigitalAnvil - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 18:46)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 17:40)DigitalAnvil Wrote: Intel i7 3770K
Asrock Z77E-ITX
Windows 8

There must something disconnected in XBMC advanced launcher. I can playback through XBMC media player and TMT5 media player in my system without issue. TMT5 launch within XBMC as external player using playercorefactory. Both XBMC and TMT5 can playback 1080p video and bitstreaming HD audio.....

You can give Frodo Beta 2 a try to see if it make any different. I tried it yesterday, and everything worked fine on my PC's- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......

I will give that a try (hope for the best) as well but I'm assuming the Audio Engine is somewhat similar to Frodo Alpha 5 (current version installed on all my systems)

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - gliese581g - 2012-12-07

Will this method work with the Denon AVR-1713?

Thanks

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - gliese581g - 2012-12-09

So per my last post I've been trying to use this guide to play HD audio from m2ts files in XBMC (HDAudio + Eden RC2). I'm using a Denon AVR-1713 and a Windows 7 PC with a GT 520 video card. The drivers are up to date on the video card.

I set everything up per the instructions, but I get the following error message when trying to play files with HD audio. There is no sound whatsoever and I don't get any indication that the receiver is decoding the audio. The picture plays fine.

Here are my audio settings in XBMC. I'm using WASAPI for the Denon receiver. I tried DirectSound as well as some of the other options and it made no difference. Same error message. If I change the settings around to show that my receiver does not decode HD audio, then the error message disappears and sound plays fine.

Lastly, here's what I've selected in my Sound options on Windows 7. In order to get sound, music, etc out of the receiver, I have to set it to the Denon option. I know this particular guide says to select the HDMI out for your video card but I don't get any sound when I do this. The Denon output option is the only one that accomplishes this. Also, under encoded formats for the Denon sound option I noticed that it doesn't list the HD formats as supported. Is there some kind of disconnect here?

Hopefully these details shed some light on my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Is my receiver simply incapable of decoding bitstreamed HD audio coming from m2ts? In other words, only capable of HD audio when coming directly from bluray.

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-12-10

Your Denon AVR-1713 should be able to bitstream HD audio, and TrueHD/DTS-HD have to show up in Denon properties support format for it to work. Make sure that exclusive mode is enable in "Advanced" tab of Denon properties. If you have CEC enabled in Denon, you can disable it.....

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - gliese581g - 2012-12-11

It still doesn't show the formats as supported. I had exclusive mode checked in the Advance tab. I also went out and bought an HDMI 1.4 cable today to make sure it wasn't the cable itself causing the problem. No change.

Also, does the driver for the audio controller here look right or should I have something different?

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - Desisuperman - 2012-12-18

Thanks BluRay! Was having issues getting DTS-MA in 7.1 then i remembered this thread. Downloaded Eden 11.0 with HD Audio and now my problem is solved.

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-12-18

@gliese581g-

Do you happen to have other HD audio codec intalled, esspecially Realtek? If you do, please un-install it....

Have you update the latest driver for your Nvidia GT520 from here- Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products?

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - jjd-uk - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-11, 04:33)gliese581g Wrote: Also, does the driver for the audio controller here look right or should I have something different?

Driver looks wrong to me, says Driver Provider is Microsoft which suggests driver in use is the one provided by Windows, you need to install the proper driver from Nvidia from http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - tommaazz - 2012-12-20

Hi all. I have exactly the same problem. I am having a DELL 7720 se with hd4000 and gt650m and i am unable to use hd sound from nvidia. I can only see the supported formats as user gliese. Few days ago i still had my desktop computer with radeon hd6850 and the supported formats listed were HD ones too but now the HD formats arent listed. I cant find a solution. My laptop is connected to Marantz SR5004. Anyone have any solution? Oh and i am using win8
Thanks