Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=128480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-10-20

(2012-10-19, 23:38)AudioFiend Wrote: Cool Cool that produced audio, but well out of sync and the video is a littery juttery Confused on the TrueHD mkv also the AVR light was PCM??
Better results with m2ts folder DTS MA 7.1 no problems at all. AVR light was DTS??
Again thank you.
If you haven't select Hardware Acceleration in TMT5, you might want to select it. If it is still stutter, you might wan to try the original blu-ray disc with TrueHD audio. Just to make sure that MKV file is not corrupted.

It's good to know that you can bitstream HD audio using TMT5. You might want to give the Nightlies a try- Nightly Builds....

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - weepingcat - 2012-10-22

This is great! Thanks for sharing

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - AudioFiend - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-20, 00:03)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 23:38)AudioFiend Wrote: Cool Cool that produced audio, but well out of sync and the video is a littery juttery Confused on the TrueHD mkv also the AVR light was PCM??
Better results with m2ts folder DTS MA 7.1 no problems at all. AVR light was DTS??
Again thank you.
If you haven't select Hardware Acceleration in TMT5, you might want to select it. If it is still stutter, you might wan to try the original blu-ray disc with TrueHD audio. Just to make sure that MKV file is not corrupted.

It's good to know that you can bitstream HD audio using TMT5. You might want to give the Nightlies a try- Nightly Builds....

UPDATE: Ok here is the state of play. I did have H/A set in TMT5 and the nightlies didnt improve things from what i had. I have now had great success with MPC-HC with LAV fillers and madVR. I download test files from demo world and everything i throw at it now plays. The only niggle i have is the damn light on the AVR doesnt change from PCM? Why is this? Can it even be achived when not playing from the blu-ray disc?

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - corpgator - 2012-10-24

My AVR displays TrueHD just fine with mkv's, so it sounds like a receiver problem. Does your receiver have an onscreen display that would display information about the incoming streams? That should tell you if it's actually even receiving a feed of truehd. Also, make sure you have enhancements disabled under audio properties and go into configure and set your speaker configuration. That's in windows not in xbmc.

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-22, 16:48)AudioFiend Wrote: UPDATE: Ok here is the state of play. I did have H/A set in TMT5 and the nightlies didnt improve things from what i had. I have now had great success with MPC-HC with LAV fillers and madVR. I download test files from demo world and everything i throw at it now plays. The only niggle i have is the damn light on the AVR doesnt change from PCM? Why is this? Can it even be achived when not playing from the blu-ray disc?
I'm at lost on this.....

If you are using TMT5, you should be able to bitstream both TrueHD and DTS-HD over HDMI. If it is bitstreaming over HDMI correctly, TrueHD and DTS-HD should display on your AVR display. I want to get this side of it clearly confirmed before we move on to XBMC.....

As far as blu-ray formats, it can be M2TS, MKV, ISO and BDMV. All the formats included HD audio codecs......

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - AudioFiend - 2012-10-24

I'm going to do a fresh install of WIN7 and first try with Ati CCC / AMD. I am 100% sure windows is set up correct. Im going to just install TMT5 as this should passthrough DTS HD and change the light my AVR ! I have reread the manual 5 times over and i dam sure the HDMI setting are correct! Im thinking it my be a EDID error! but this shouldnt effect the ability to bitstream DTS HD to my AVR and this is what im going to focus on first. I will try and take some screen shots of the HDMI settings and my try working back from the TV/AVR/HTPC, also my TV is a Panasonic TX-32LZD81

How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - runnernorth - 2012-10-24

Hi, don't know if this is the right place, but I'm trying anyway, do you know if the new Mac mini with the Intel HD4000 will be able to bitstream, running win7 with bootcamp or VMware fusion?

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-24, 20:27)runnernorth Wrote: Hi, don't know if this is the right place, but I'm trying anyway, do you know if the new Mac mini with the Intel HD4000 will be able to bitstream, running win7 with bootcamp or VMware fusion?
Yes....all you need is the latest Intel driver and XBMC for bitstreaming HD audio....

How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - runnernorth - 2012-10-24

Thx Bluray, I'm glad to hear that:-). If I'm allowed, I'm sure I'll be back with some further questions when I've purchased the Mini ;-)

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - hennings - 2012-10-26

Alright, so I finally broke down and ordered parts for my HTPC. I totally overlooked the onboard audio chipset, which I just noticed is made by VIA.

The parts haven't arrived yet, and if the following hardware (or their drivers) is going to cause issues, I'll send it back without opening it, and find a different motherboard. DTS-HDMA bitstreaming is a very important to me.

CPU: Intel Core i3-3225, Intel HD 4000
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, Audio chipset is VIA VT2021
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544
Probably not important, but the receiver is a Denon AVR-1610

Also, the comptuer will be running Windows 8 to take advantage of the Storage Spaces feature and faster boot times.

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-10-26

(2012-10-26, 16:19)hennings Wrote: Alright, so I finally broke down and ordered parts for my HTPC. I totally overlooked the onboard audio chipset, which I just noticed is made by VIA.

The parts haven't arrived yet, and if the following hardware (or their drivers) is going to cause issues, I'll send it back without opening it, and find a different motherboard. DTS-HDMA bitstreaming is a very important to me.

CPU: Intel Core i3-3225, Intel HD 4000
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, Audio chipset is VIA VT2021
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544
Probably not important, but the receiver is a Denon AVR-1610

Also, the comptuer will be running Windows 8 to take advantage of the Storage Spaces feature and faster boot times.
You should be able to bit stream HD audio with Intel HD4000 with ease. You can simply connects it this way- Onboard HDMI output-->Denon AVR-1610 HDMI input-->HDTV HDMI input via 2 HDMI cables......

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - hennings - 2012-10-26

Thank you. I was unsure if the audio chipset entered into the equation at all.,

Can I totally disable the audio chipset in the BIOS since I'll be using HDMI for audio? I want to disable every chipset and feature that I can in the BIOS to reduce POST time.

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - AudioFiend - 2012-10-27

(2012-10-24, 17:27)AudioFiend Wrote: I'm going to do a fresh install of WIN7 and first try with Ati CCC / AMD. I am 100% sure windows is set up correct. Im going to just install TMT5 as this should passthrough DTS HD and change the light my AVR ! I have reread the manual 5 times over and i dam sure the HDMI setting are correct! Im thinking it my be a EDID error! but this shouldnt effect the ability to bitstream DTS HD to my AVR and this is what im going to focus on first. I will try and take some screen shots of the HDMI settings and my try working back from the TV/AVR/HTPC, also my TV is a Panasonic TX-32LZD81

UPDATE:
I have followed this up by making this post, just incase others my find themselves in the same position. I was 100% sure that i had all the setting correct from following the execellent advice from this forum thanks bluray Wink for putting me on the right track. But still the lights on the AVR wouldnt change and i had double checked and re-read post after post and as i said i was 100% sure all the setting were correct. But after a real struggle and lots of google searches, It ended up being a EDID issue after all!!
more detail can be found here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-overrides-to-solve-bitstreaming-issues-for-ati-5xxxs

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-10-28

(2012-10-27, 11:31)AudioFiend Wrote: UPDATE:
I have followed this up by making this post, just incase others my find themselves in the same position. I was 100% sure that i had all the setting correct from following the execellent advice from this forum thanks bluray Wink for putting me on the right track. But still the lights on the AVR wouldnt change and i had double checked and re-read post after post and as i said i was 100% sure all the setting were correct. But after a real struggle and lots of google searches, It ended up being a EDID issue after all!!
more detail can be found here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-overrides-to-solve-bitstreaming-issues-for-ati-5xxxs
I'm glad that you found your solution....

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - a5ian300zx - 2012-10-29

which version are you downloading from the below site.

https://github.com/DDDamian/xbmc/downloads

I have not tried the XBMC-AE-Final.exe (released 6 months ago) but i can see from your thread you are using the HDAudio + Eden RC2 (released 8 Months ago)

Thanks