Kodi Community Forum
Win My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: Win My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden (/showthread.php?tid=128935)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - hakuya - 2012-04-15

Over the past month I've been putting together a home theater setup and ripping my entire Blu-ray collection to disk to eliminate the nightmare of managing discs and being forced to skip through trailer after trailer. While Eden is a great piece of software (thank you guys for all your hard work!), there are a few limitations which are real show-stoppers for me. My goal is stability, so I opted to branch Eden instead of moving into the uncharted waters of master with all its unstable changes to things I really don't care about. Thought I'd throw up a build and let you guys know about it in case anybody finds this useful.

Features of this branch (so far):
* Bitstream output of HD Audio codecs thanks to DanielaE (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877)
* Restored playback of BDMV/PLAYLIST/*.mpls files
* Pulled in a few bug fixes to the PGS decoder from ffmpeg upstream
* Implementation of forced subtitles in PGS streams (for example, the Na'vi translations in Avatar will show even when subtitles are not enabled as long as the appropriate subtitle stream is selected)

Binary: Zip Archive
Source: On GitHub

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - Dam0 - 2012-04-15

sounds like a worthy compliment there.

im sure there are lots of ppl with access to iso's and such that would enjoy the purity of such a build

well done mate

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - Aeramor - 2012-04-20

This is excellent. Any idea of the minimum set of files to be able to copy over to say a XBMCbuntu build?

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - hakuya - 2012-04-25

I'm not sure, I'm compiling and testing only on Windows. In windows at least, the major changes once compiled should be concentrated in the XBMC.exe and in the ffmpeg dlls (mostly avcodec-52.dll).

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - moravec - 2012-06-26

hakuya - is it also possible to move the PGS subtitles?

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - robnix - 2012-06-26

Thanks a ton for doing this. The subtitle support alone is priceless for someone needing a high WAF. Do you plan on updating this build with future releases of XBMC?

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - Ghostdivision - 2012-09-06

Wow this is exactly what I have been looking for. A noob question though, How do you use this version? Usually my xbmc comes in a exe installer?

This also really needs to get added to the official build. I know in this xbmc forum not many discuss or use full blurays, but outside here and places like avsforum their is more of us and this issue has been frustrating.

One thing I am curious about you mention

"for example, the Na'vi translations in Avatar will show even when subtitles are not enabled as long as the appropriate subtitle stream is selected"

How would you have the appropriate subtitle stream selected using xbmc? Alot my discs come with many subtitle streams, how do you know which one is the forced subtitle stream? Usually on a disc i thought the audio stream dictated the automatic forced subtitle stream, but i am not sure about that.

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - mika91 - 2012-09-07

Hi,

I ripped last week Starwars Episode I, with a single PGS subtitle containing both normal and forced captions, and used mkvmerge Header Editor to set forced flag on it.
With your patch, even if subtitles are disabled in XBMC osd (before or manually during playback), forced ones will still be displayed ?
Thanks

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - mika91 - 2012-09-08

ok so I tried....and it works !!! forced subtitles are displayed, and only them, even if subtitles are disable)
PERFECT !
Thanks very much for your work.
I'll try to add this patch, to add HQ scalers with dxva and I'll have the perfect and stable release for me!

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - PatrickBateman - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-08, 10:44)mika91 Wrote: ok so I tried....and it works !!! forced subtitles are displayed, and only them, even if subtitles are disable)
PERFECT !
I'll try to add this patch, to add HQ scalers with dxva and I'll have the perfect and stable release for me!

If you patch this, I'll definetly use this release until frodo final.
Looking forward to seeing a release soon Smile

Also, Is there a difference currently between the Dropbox an git versions?
Cheers,

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - TRaSH - 2012-09-09

hmm,
need to give this a try then.
beeing that subtitle support for blu-ray is on a low priority and it even got broken with frodo.

Nightly Builds have subs issues with blu-ray's
TRAK report about .srt subs not working with nightly builds (3 months ago)
TRAK report about PGS subs not working on any xbmc build (12 months ago)
m2ts subtitles vanish too fast in XBMC 10.00 (Since December 28th, 2010 )

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - Skank - 2012-09-09

(2012-09-09, 12:30)TRaSH Wrote: hmm,
need to give this a try then.
beeing that subtitle support for blu-ray is on a low priority and it even got broken with frodo.

Nightly Builds have subs issues with blu-ray's
TRAK report about .srt subs not working with nightly builds (3 months ago)
TRAK report about PGS subs not working on any xbmc build (12 months ago)
m2ts subtitles vanish too fast in XBMC 10.00 (Since December 28th, 2010 )

this build doenst fix the last problem i can tell you that

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - Majin - 2012-09-13

Just wanted to add another voice to the thread. Many thanks to hakuya for the build that solves the Forced Subs not appearing at all. Hopefully this update will be included in Frodo, or at least a patch created for it!

As Skank says, it doesn't fix the subs on m2ts files disappearing quickly. For me it seems to be the last sub in a section/conversation (on forced ones anyway)

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - GunnyWebster - 2012-09-13

I've been looking for this as well. Going to try it on my windows pc on some files I have to make sure this is what I am looking for.

However, is there any way to get this to work on OSX, My main media computer is a mac mini.

RE: My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden - cyber201 - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-08, 10:44)mika91 Wrote: ok so I tried....and it works !!! forced subtitles are displayed, and only them, even if subtitles are disable)
PERFECT !

sorry..

but this patch is included in the link of the 1 post?

Thanks a lot