Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-07-11

hi
I run mcm_com through eventghost and even though it is off mcm_com keeps creating thumbs.tbn if I run the normal mediacompanion everything works as it should

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-07-11

(2014-07-11, 14:32)ztrust Wrote: hi
I run mcm_com through eventghost and even though it is off mcm_com keeps creating thumbs.tbn if I run the normal mediacompanion everything works as it should

Can you give some more info. Running mc_com.exe scraping TV episodes or Movies?
and is the filename called "thumbs.tbn"?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-07-12

hey
I´m sorry for the lack of info it is when it scrapes episode and yes there is thumbs.tbn?
no problems with movies

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-07-12

(2014-07-12, 18:21)ztrust Wrote: hey
I´m sorry for the lack of info it is when it scrapes episode and yes there is thumbs.tbn?
no problems with movies

I've looked through the code and can't find anywhere where it creates a file called thumbs.tbn
Can you post up a screenshot showing folder and files with thumbs.tbn in it. Else, check you messages at xbmc.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-07-12

hey Vbat

I am sorry I spoke without double checking the tbn that is created follows the same naming as my thumbs jpg
so I have
True Blood S07E03 Fire in the Hole.mkv
True Blood S07E03 Fire in the Hole.nfo
True Blood S07E03 Fire in the Hole.tbn
True Blood S07E03 Fire in the Hole-thumb.jpg

but there dosent seem to be any logic to when it happens sometime it do and sometime it dont

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-07-12

I see.

In Media Companion, you have select Both as the option for Artwork Version (in General Preferences).

True Blood S07E03 Fire in the Hole.tbn is the thumb format for XBMC versions before Frodo.

True Blood S07E03 Fire in the Hole-thumb.jpg is the format for XBMC from Frodo, Gothan and Helix (next version of XBMC)

If you don't have an XBMC version before Frodo, then change this option to Frodo and onwards. and your won't get any .tbn files anymore.
Hope this is of help.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - mjohnson007 - 2014-07-13

I am running V3.5.9.8 yesterday I dragged and dropped 50 or so movies and all went well (7/12/2014) to day when I go to drop any movie I keep getting the following error:
---------------------------
Utilites
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

URL string =http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/wSMSEoNvF65wkGDhWuKqtA5loSs.jpg

cachefolder = C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Downloads\Media Companion 3.598\cache\

path = U:\Cesar Chavez (2014)\fanart.jpg
OK
All preferences are the same except I have all Scraping options selected

Update:

By the way great job on this app, I used to use MM to look up all the movies but this is much more robust and simpler to use THNX

So with that said
Moving the folder to the C drive seemed to do the trick... her is what is happening now:
I ran 8 movie folders an all worked great so I went and looked at preferences and found that I did not check the following:
Extra Artwork: Download Extra Fanart/Thumbs
or
If movies in folders, save extra Artwork
Allow save ExtraFanart
or
If movies In Folders, Save artwork as:
Create folder.jpg file for each folder
Create fanart.jpg for each folder

so I went back and remover all the .nfo files , checked the above selections and D&D the folders again and received the following popup for each folder

Utilites
Unable to cast object of type 'System.Net.FileWebRequest' to type 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest'.

URL string =U:\Cat's Eye (1985)\poster.jpg

cachefolder = C:\Media Companion 3.598\cache\

path = U:\Cat's Eye (1985)\folder.jpg
OK
after I clicked OK to each pop up it went thru all the folders and completerd so it did not hang like last time

Thanks for a job well done and if you need more info just ask

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-07-13

Please move Media Companion folder from your downloads folder to your C Drive. I believe it's a permissions issue.

We have had error's in this routine before, and I placed a messagebox there to try and determine what object is causing the error.

Please let me know if moving the Media Companion 3.598 folder stops the above messages from occurring.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - niih - 2014-07-13

I get a similar message any time I do a "Search for new Movies"

Utilites
Unable to cast object of type 'System.Net.FileWebRequest' to type 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest'.

URL string =\\DELFI-DS1010\video\Movies\Noah (2014)\Noah.tbn

cachefolder = D:\Catalogue\MC\Media Companion 3.598\cache\

path = \\DELFI-DS1010\video\Movies\Noah (2014)\Noah-poster.jpg
OK

The new movie is found and the nfo created, but the poster is not downloaded, and I have to right click and download thenposer manually.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-07-14

Hey Vbat
I am sorry to say That is not the problem because I have it set to frodo and onwards and it dosent create it when I run Mediacompanion only some times when running mc_com

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-07-14

(2014-07-14, 01:00)ztrust Wrote: Hey Vbat
I am sorry to say That is not the problem because I have it set to frodo and onwards and it dosent create it when I run Mediacompanion only some times when running mc_com

I'll look into the mc_com code some more.

(2014-07-13, 23:21)niih Wrote: I get a similar message any time I do a "Search for new Movies"

Utilites

URL string =\\DELFI-DS1010\video\Movies\Noah (2014)\Noah.tbn

cachefolder = D:\Catalogue\MC\Media Companion 3.598\cache\

path = \\DELFI-DS1010\video\Movies\Noah (2014)\Noah-poster.jpg
OK

The new movie is found and the nfo created, but the poster is not downloaded, and I have to right click and download thenposer manually.

Hmmm....that one can be caught better, as I see the code is not differentiating \\delfi-ds1010 as a lan address instead of web address. It's the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." that's harder to nail down.

Will have a search and see what might be causing this.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - djvj - 2014-07-17

Can we get support for Extras stored in movie folders and not having MC scrape them? The way xbmc works is by using regex to ignore matching folders.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-07-17

(2014-07-17, 12:45)djvj Wrote: Can we get support for Extras stored in movie folders and not having MC scrape them? The way xbmc works is by using regex to ignore matching folders.

Extras?? Can you provide info or links to what this is please.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-07-17

Are you possibly talking about the add-on: VideoExtras? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras#Confluence_Skin_Support

If so, the in Media Companion you need to add the extras folder to be excluded

This means Media Companion will ignore any folder of this name, and it's files and sub-folders.

Hope this helps, though I'm interested in adding support to MC for this function, including creating of the extra video's nfo's.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - djvj - 2014-07-17

Sure
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras