Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-08-22

(2014-08-21, 20:20)Dirki Wrote: Alright, many thanks.

I am not quite sure, actually, what exactly is the advantage when you scrape with MC and let XBMC after add the information to its library instead of letting XBMC doing it all?

By the way, is there anything I could do against it:

Quote:These letters - ä, ö, ü, ß - seem to make some problems, MC (often or always) does not find movies with titles containing these letters, so e.g.: http://i.imgur.com/VWZFSTy.png

Title is:
Sein Mädchen für besondere Fälle (1940).nfo
Sein M�dchen f�r besondere F�lle

The correct movie: http://i.imgur.com/D9XDygz.png

And here, after the bracket is something wrong, also in the column left side: http://i.imgur.com/H7ML8eG.jpg

Scraping in Media Companion has two advantages.
1. You get to check all the info for the movie, Select different artwork if you wish, and sort movie sets and such, before XBMC imports into it's database. This means, you know exactly how its going to look in XBMC.
2. Once the is scraped by MC, XBMC doesn't need to go online and scrape the data. What I mean by this is, if you trash your XBMC and have to start again (like I've had to), you aren't rescraping the same movies over and over again.
Also, if you have more than one instance of XBMC, both get the local data instead of both scraping from the Net.

As mentioned earlier, I had no issue scraping Sein Mädchen für besondere Fälle (1940) so the characters ä, ö, ü, ß were passed correctly in Media Companion for me.

As for the other movie, I see what you mean, and will look into what is causing this in the Title and Sort Title.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-08-22

Quote:Scraping in Media Companion has two advantages.
1. You get to check all the info for the movie, Select different artwork if you wish, and sort movie sets and such, before XBMC imports into it's database. This means, you know exactly how its going to look in XBMC.
2. Once the is scraped by MC, XBMC doesn't need to go online and scrape the data. What I mean by this is, if you trash your XBMC and have to start again (like I've had to), you aren't rescraping the same movies over and over again.
Also, if you have more than one instance of XBMC, both get the local data instead of both scraping from the Net.

Alright, many thanks, I understand, good advantages.

Quote:As mentioned earlier, I had no issue scraping Sein Mädchen für besondere Fälle (1940) so the characters ä, ö, ü, ß were passed correctly in Media Companion for me.
Yes, I had understood, sorry for asking again. All of my movies containing those characters in its titles, quite a lot, are not scraped or not scraped correctly. So, there is nothing I could do to correct it, I see, OK.

Many thanks again, vbat99.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-08-24

Media Companion 3.599b Released.
Download from here

Many more bug fixes, as well as a number of improvements, and some requested features).

Enjoy, and as always, Post a review, post up issues.

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-08-24

Many thanks for the new version, vbat99,

Is there a way to filter by countries? E.g. only show movies produced in the U.S.A.? Or show all movies not made in the U.S.A.? Many thanks again for the new feature to show countries.

<<<<MC - If notepad++ installed, use for opening nfo XML files.
I could imagine, there is a path to adjust to open the info files in a portable notepad++, but I cannot find it.
And is there another way to open a nfo file, e.g. by double clicking somewhere: http://i.imgur.com/64Uv8AK.png?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - RonnieG3 - 2014-08-24

Hey vbat

Question about this:

Code:
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Is this a normal error?

(2014-08-24, 10:59)Dirki Wrote: Many thanks for the new version, vbat99,

Is there a way to filter by countries? E.g. only show movies produced in the U.S.A.? Or show all movies not made in the U.S.A.? Many thanks again for the new feature to show countries.

<<<<MC - If notepad++ installed, use for opening nfo XML files.
I could imagine, there is a path to adjust to open the info files in a portable notepad++, but I cannot find it.
And is there another way to open a nfo file, e.g. by double clicking somewhere: http://i.imgur.com/64Uv8AK.png?

Sorry, haven't added an option to filter by country.

As for Notepad++, I haven't added an option for path to Notepad++. I assumed most would have installed it, not run as portable. Will see what I can do for the next release.
Only current method to open nfo is right-click the movie, or browse the movie's folder in explorer.

(2014-08-24, 15:57)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey vbat

Question about this:

Code:
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Is this a normal error?

One other user note this message. It had to do with mediainfo.dll, but I'm not seeing it...yet. Have to do some research.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-08-24

Alright, many thanks, vbat99.

@RonnieG3

And it was you. LOL. And you've sorted it.

For other users. If you get this message
Quote:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaInfoNET, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'MediaInfoNET, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Media_Companion.Preferences.Get_HdTags(String filename)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgroundscanepisodes_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e, Boolean manual)

I would be interested is seeing some config.xml files.
RonnieG3 fixed this by doing a fresh install, but I'd like to ensure it doesn't occur for anyone.
If it occurs for others, please PM me your config.xml file. Make a Copy of your Media Companion folder and keep it aside, as I might need some other files from your settings folder.
Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-08-26

Media Companion 3.600b Released.
Download from here

Quick release to fix error's introduced during Code clean-up. Also added to minor options.

Enjoy, and as always, Post a review, post up issues.

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-08-26

What could be the best field / position to add own comments (so that you e.g could see them in XBMC)? Is there a way to somehow connect an external (txt) file containing such a comment and show the comment in MC? Or could I add a new tag to the nfo file?

Great, now I can eaisly open the nfo files in the portable Notepad++, many thanks.

(2014-08-26, 11:55)Dirki Wrote: What could be the best field / position to add own comments (so that you e.g could see them in XBMC)? Is there a way to somehow connect an external (txt) file containing such a comment and show the comment in MC? Or could I add a new tag to the nfo file?

Great, now I can eaisly open the nfo files in the portable Notepad++, many thanks.

Sorry, no plans to include comments to Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-08-26

Oh sorry, I thought you somehow could add text to some fields, e.g. to the Plot, Outline, Tag(s) field.

(2014-08-26, 21:12)Dirki Wrote: Oh sorry, I thought you somehow could add text to some fields, e.g. to the Plot, Outline, Tag(s) field.

Yes, that you can do. either in Main browser, or Edit Movie (Alternative)

I thought you were requesting a Comment field.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-08-27

The ratings seems to differ of some of my movies: http://i.imgur.com/MefvtJ1.png

Might the ratings come form different databases, IMDB, TMDB? Can one show the database, so IMDB, TMDB the ratings come from? And how could I get ratings only from e.g. IMDB?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-08-27

(2014-08-27, 00:12)Dirki Wrote: The ratings seems to differ of some of my movies: http://i.imgur.com/MefvtJ1.png

Might the ratings come form different databases, IMDB, TMDB? Can one show the database, so IMDB, TMDB the ratings come from? And how could I get ratings only from e.g. IMDB?

Rating is only taken from IMDB, that there is a mis-match may be due to Moviecache not updated to match the Movie's nfo rating.
Do a refresh-all for Movies.

If the rating is still different, please PM me the nfo of this movie and the moviecache.xml (as an attachment).