Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-08

No, you would have to rename the other versions, and Scrape them again.

Or, as you suggested, place them in a Sub Folder, but then, XBMC won't see them in Library mode.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-09-08

Quote:Or, as you suggested, place them in a Sub Folder, but then, XBMC won't see them in Library mode.
OK, so that's the (big) drawback.

Quote: Also, on the Movie browser tab, you can click the heading Runtime to switch between Scraped Runtine, and Stream runtime.
Ah, sorry, I took the wrong sentence, I meant "OK, that's great, I didn't know." to the above one.

Quote:No, you would have to rename the other versions, and Scrape them again.
Alright, so when keeping the different versions in a single folder (without sub folders) rename them (respectively add those "tags") like "directors-cut" or "extended-edition".

Quote:Is there anything I could do to not let MC scrape samples? May be set a file size or so of files not to be scraped?
Hmmm, I assume, there is anything I could do.

Many thanks, vbat99

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-08

Sorry, forgot that question. Apart from putting them in a folder called __(noscan)__ with the brackets. But is is best to add "directors-cut" or the likes to distinguish them as different versions of the same movie.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-09-08

Alright, good to know, many thanks, vbat99.

Media Companion = slow scrapping ? - BZee - 2014-09-11

Is it normal for the v3.600 to take about 25 minutes per movie when scrapping? I used a version about 9 or 10 months ago and it was much faster then. No change in my computer except maybe Windows 8.1 instead of Window 8 and a 50M cable modem instead of a 5M DSL.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-11

(2014-09-11, 01:44)BZee Wrote: Is it normal for the v3.600 to take about 25 minutes per movie when scrapping? I used a version about 9 or 10 months ago and it was much faster then. No change in my computer except maybe Windows 8.1 instead of Window 8 and a 50M cable modem instead of a 5M DSL.

No, that is not normal. On Win 7, and Win8.1 I run at approx 20~30 seconds per movie from IMDB, and approx 5~15 seconds from TMDB.

I suspect Firewall/Antivirus issue is causing the slowdown. Or just plain Win 8.1. I'm switching my 2nd pc back to Windows 7 cause 8.0/8.1 is a P.I.T.A. (my opinion only, not trying to start flame-wars).

There have not been any changes to how we get the information for movies, only bug fixes. Well, apart from we have incorporated XBMC TMDB scraper to use the same routines as the IMDB scraper, so we don't have to maintain two different paths to get the same result.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - BZee - 2014-09-12

Even "cancelling...' by pressing ESC took over 9 minutes to complete. I'll troubleshoot the firewall and antivirus.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - BZee - 2014-09-13

The problem was not a firewall nor antivirus. The culprit was my VPN connection. As soon as I told the VPN to disconnect, Media Companion took off - problem solved. Thanks for pointing me away from MC as the cause.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - unknownghost77 - 2014-09-15

Hi,

I'm fairly new to XBMC and this looked to be quite an interesting and helpful tool but I cannot for the life of me get it to work, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong although it makes me feel like I may have something set wrong on my computer as opposed to set wrong in Media Companion because I have followed the instructions.

I have my movies on an external hdd and each movie is in its own folder named the same as the folder and I have set this in the movie preferences but when I click search it just says 'No new movies found'. I have tried testing a few movies in a folder on my c drive too and that fails to work either which suggests I might either have something set wrong or there is a problem with my computer!

I did try searching here and online for similar problems/solutions but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-15

(2014-09-15, 15:46)unknownghost77 Wrote: Hi,

I'm fairly new to XBMC and this looked to be quite an interesting and helpful tool but I cannot for the life of me get it to work, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong although it makes me feel like I may have something set wrong on my computer as opposed to set wrong in Media Companion because I have followed the instructions.

I have my movies on an external hdd and each movie is in its own folder named the same as the folder and I have set this in the movie preferences but when I click search it just says 'No new movies found'. I have tried testing a few movies in a folder on my c drive too and that fails to work either which suggests I might either have something set wrong or there is a problem with my computer!

I did try searching here and online for similar problems/solutions but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to Media Companion.

For your movies you should have a Root movie folder, ie:
T:\Movies
then as you mentioned, you have each movie in a folder, named as the movie. ie:
T:\Movies\Captain America\Captain America.mkv

If this is the case, then your Root movie folder should be added to the Movie Folder list only.
Option in Media Companion for Movies Preferences, I would set
Use Folder Names for Scraping
And in General Preferences, make sure you have the artwork version for the version of XBMC you are using. I believe majority of users are now selecting Frodo and Onwards

If no movies are being found, then I would need to know the video file's extension.

I hope this is of help.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - unknownghost77 - 2014-09-16

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. That is pretty much what I have been doing, but thanks for the artwork tip, but alas it still does the same. I click search and it automatically gives me the log saying 'No new movies found'. I have a mixture of video files, mvk/avi/mp4..etc..

I have this feeling something is up with my computer although everything else works fine!

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-16

How about a test

on your C Drive, create a folder called zMovies
In this folder, create a text file called Edge Of Tomorrow and change the extension from txt to mkv.
Now create a new folder in zMovies called Backdraft and in this folder, create a text file Backdraft and change it's extension to mkv

In Media Companion, Movie Folders, add C:\zMovies folder to the Movie Folders list. Click Save & Refresh button.

Next, do a search for new movies.

If this doesn't work, then I'd need to see your Media Companion config.xml file, in MC's Settings folder.
Might be an idea to sign up to MC's codeplex site, as you can easily attach the config.xml file to a new issue.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - unknownghost77 - 2014-09-16

Okay, I realised what I had missed and that was clicking Save & Refresh, it's now doing all my files just fine. Thanks so much for the help! Smile

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-16

Glad you got it sorted.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-18

Media Companion 3.601b Released.
Download from here

Many more bug fixes, as well as a number of improvements, and some requested features).

Enjoy, and as always, Post a review, post up issues.

Revision History