Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-11-12

Hey Vbat
I have noticed all my new episodes scaped with mc_com never have ratings ?
is this fixable ?

ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-12

(2014-11-12, 17:38)ztrust Wrote: Hey Vbat
is this fixable ?

ztrust

I'll look into it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - NeonLightning - 2014-11-12

figured i'd crosspost from the issue tracker.

Error when searching new episodes
Was working 2 days ago just fine. rebooted and now every time it finds new episodes it brings up this error box and it stops scanning.
and the one file it does scan untill i renamed all my new episodes "Showname - S##E## - Title.ext" from "E## - Title.ext" it was renaming to "Showname - SE - Title.ext"
Code:
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgroundscanepisodes_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e, Boolean manual)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-12

Replied in the issue. Best to keep it there than duplicate the discussion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - NeonLightning - 2014-11-12

sorry don't have permissions apparently to delete my post

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-13

(2014-11-12, 19:14)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 17:38)ztrust Wrote: Hey Vbat
is this fixable ?

ztrust

I'll look into it.

Just checked this, and episodes scraped using mc_com.exe are scraping the ratings.

But, if the episodes are very new, ie, just released, there is a good chance there are no ratings allocated to the episode yet. I just tested with some older episodes from the show Forever, then mc_com scraped the ratings correctly.

(2014-11-11, 19:56)Levi59 Wrote: French article in my case :
le, la, les, l', un, une, des, du, d'

I also had a very bad surprise using the software. I turned on renaming series and when I had clic on refresh bouton (which I thought was a simple reading of the information), all multiple episodes (S01E01E02E03.avi) have been renamed in the name of the last episode of the group (S01E03E03E03 - name of the episode 03.avi). I lost all of my bookmarks for isos.

Haven't forgotten about this. I will add to the roadmap page, the feature request for custom articles. Should be do-able, but could be some interesting issue crop up with accent characters...

As for multi-episode files, yes, I spot that MC doesn't load the epbookmark tag or re-save it.

I'll add that to the Roadmap as an issue to be resolved.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2014-11-13

That's not only the lost of the bookmarks, that's just a side effect. My real problem was the bad renaming of episodes and the lost of some informations.

"S01E01E02E03.ext" to "S01E03E03E03 - name of E03.ext"

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-14

FYI, when refreshing, there is no renaming. You need to have done a Batch Rescrape or manually selected to rename.

Refresh will re-write the episode's nfo, if there is missing data, ie: missing TVDB Show ID, but does not call the rename function.

I created a dummy episode liek S01E01E02E03.avi, scraped and renamed in, and could not reproduce.

Please, if something like this is occurring, advise all steps to reproduce.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-11-14

Thank you for checking

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2014-11-14

Hard to say ... It was my first experience of the software and I added the folders with my series (they all have their nfos and images), have set the options (among others checked the renaming) and I have done reload.
I then changed one or two information (mpaa, post) and went to my films. Same as the TV series. I return to the TV series and then I spot mistakes. Marked unseen series and part episodes disappeared. In checking, I found myself with the renamed files and lost data.

I had a little trouble to handle the software, but I did nothing other than reload and 2-3 changes. I have not even added new file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-15

New Release.

Media Companion 3.608b

Bug fix release.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.608b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-11-15

hey Vbat
I just added a new show where I had all images poster,season poster,and fanart from tmdb. but no logo. so on get missing fanart it downloaded and overwrote everything with images from fanart.tv.
is it suppose to be like that ?
I have checked to download from fanart.tv but still.
and you are busy with the releases its good work thank you
ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - mborland - 2014-11-15

Multi-Part files broken. Titles are in red, message pops up, video file missing. Or the settings have changed? In movie preferences, general, name mode is unchecked. I have my arts and nfo named to movie, and then the multi-part video files. Works fine back to version 6, but both 7 and 8 broke it. Also, tried changing the setting on name mode, re-scrape, same problem. Weird, it WILL rescrape it, but the red box comes up.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Cash - 2014-11-15

Is there a way to have Media Companion ignore files and folders within a movie folder?
I have all my movies like this

C:\Movies\2 Guns\Movie.mkv
c:\movies\the Host\Movie.mkv
c:\movies\guarding tess\Movie.mkv

Now I have some movies that have extra clips so it would be
c:\movies\frozen\frozen.mkv
c:\movies\frozen\EXTRA\extra.mkv
How can I make MC not scan in anything listed in the extra folders or anything past the main movie?
I tried to find ignore folders and such in the help file but can't find anything.
Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-15

(2014-11-15, 17:14)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat
I just added a new show where I had all images poster,season poster,and fanart from tmdb. but no logo. so on get missing fanart it downloaded and overwrote everything with images from fanart.tv.
is it suppose to be like that ?
I have checked to download from fanart.tv but still.
and you are busy with the releases its good work thank you
ztrust

@ztrust, Did this show have an nfo? or only the images? Or, since re-reading your message, you were just scraping for missing art, with fanart.tv pre-selected, and it overwrote local images with ones from fanart.tv?
I'll have to check how it is set-up in the code.

(2014-11-15, 18:46)mborland Wrote: Multi-Part files broken. Titles are in red, message pops up, video file missing. Or the settings have changed? In movie preferences, general, name mode is unchecked. I have my arts and nfo named to movie, and then the multi-part video files. Works fine back to version 6, but both 7 and 8 broke it. Also, tried changing the setting on name mode, re-scrape, same problem. Weird, it WILL rescrape it, but the red box comes up.

Please give examples of your multi-part movies, and I'll look into this.

(2014-11-15, 20:04)Cash Wrote: Is there a way to have Media Companion ignore files and folders within a movie folder?
I have all my movies like this

C:\Movies\2 Guns\Movie.mkv
c:\movies\the Host\Movie.mkv
c:\movies\guarding tess\Movie.mkv

Now I have some movies that have extra clips so it would be
c:\movies\frozen\frozen.mkv
c:\movies\frozen\EXTRA\extra.mkv
How can I make MC not scan in anything listed in the extra folders or anything past the main movie?
I tried to find ignore folders and such in the help file but can't find anything.
Thanks.

In General Preferences-> General Tab, bottom right. Enter the name of the folder that you want to exclude. Just the folder name, not the path.

So for your example, enter EXTRA and click 'Apply Changes'

Any folder found called EXTRA will be skipped, so you can have an EXTRA folder within each movie folder, and it will be passed over, nothing inside will be scraped.