Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Wulfsige - 2014-12-14

Started getting this error now when scraping from fanart.tv
Quote:Problem downloading from Fanart.Tv
at Media_Companion.FanartTv.Fetch()
at Media_Companion.FanartTv.get_FanarttvMovieresults()
at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadFromFanartTv(Boolean isRescrapelist)
Not sure if the fanart.tv API is down or a Media Companion issue as I can browse their site fine.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-14

(2014-12-14, 14:33)Wulfsige Wrote: Having a issue and can't seem to figure it outHuh When scrapping movies and I select "Download from Fanart.tv for during autoscrape" it creates a poster.jpg and fanart.jpg which are duplicates of the 'moviename-poster.jpg' and 'moviename-fanart.jpg', is there anyway to change this behavior as I do want the extra logo's etc, but not the "duplicate" posters and fanart?

Downloading artwork from fanart.tv is usually for Kodi add-on Artwork Downloader, which looks for poster.jpg and fanart.jpg files present with the movie. You can disable saving as <movie-name>-poster.jpg and <movie-name>-fanart.jpg by first selecting
Use Folder Name for Scraping
or
All Movies are in Folders

Then you get extra options like
Save as 'fanart.jpg' not moviename-fanart.jpg
and
Save as 'poster.jpg' not moviename-poster.jpg

Hope this is of help to you.

(2014-12-14, 16:38)Wulfsige Wrote: Started getting this error now when scraping from fanart.tv
Quote:Problem downloading from Fanart.Tv
at Media_Companion.FanartTv.Fetch()
at Media_Companion.FanartTv.get_FanarttvMovieresults()
at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadFromFanartTv(Boolean isRescrapelist)
Not sure if the fanart.tv API is down or a Media Companion issue as I can browse their site fine.

Just tested with Avatar, and scraping from Fanart.Tv is working.

What movie were you scraping? I can give it a try and see if it is a specific movie. though from the exception, it did say FanartTv is offline. Might have to look at catching that a bit better.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Wulfsige - 2014-12-14

Thanks vbat99 for the tip Big Grin

As for the fanart.tv error its intermittent, I can rescrape a movie and it throws up the error, and I immediately try again and its fine??

The problem is when I want to scrape a whole lot of movies not all the artwork is downloaded because of the error. I'm sure it's either a connection issue I'm having or the fanart.tv servers are under strain. I'll try again tomorrow Wink

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-15

(2014-12-14, 19:32)Wulfsige Wrote: Thanks vbat99 for the tip Big Grin

As for the fanart.tv error its intermittent, I can rescrape a movie and it throws up the error, and I immediately try again and its fine??

The problem is when I want to scrape a whole lot of movies not all the artwork is downloaded because of the error. I'm sure it's either a connection issue I'm having or the fanart.tv servers are under strain. I'll try again tomorrow Wink

Got this randomly myself this morning. Might be Fanart.Tv site issue. But yes, need to catch the issue cleaner.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Wulfsige - 2014-12-15

I'm getting no more errors from fanart.tv, possibly it was an issue their end that's been resolved Big Grin

And next release will catch Fanart.tv Offline issues better.

Nice vbat99, I must say you are really on the ball, thanks for a fantastic app and the awesome support Laugh

One thing I did notice is when scrapping movies with a "&" in the title it often, but not always, returns the wrong result, for example "Cats & Dogs (2001)", "Cats & Dogs - The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010)", "George & AJ (2009)", but other wise I'm getting a 100% success rate Big Grin

Will have a look at that, using those movies as examples.
What scraper are you using? MC's scraper from IMDB, or XBMC TMDB scraper in Media Companion?

I'm using the XBMC TMDB Scraper.

Any chance to add a filter for movies to filter for extra artwork, with options like all, disc, landscape, logo, none etc Big Grin

(2014-12-15, 10:09)Wulfsige Wrote: Any chance to add a filter for movies to filter for extra artwork, with options like all, disc, landscape, logo, none etc Big Grin

May be possible, but will take some time. Added to the To Do List

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - wints - 2014-12-15

Hi vbat99, another newbie question why would MC doubling up on some of my movies?

Using Kodi RC 3 on win7 with xbmc link enabled in MC, cheers

(2014-12-15, 22:22)wints Wrote: Hi vbat99, another newbie question why would MC doubling up on some of my movies?

Using Kodi RC 3 on win7 with xbmc link enabled in MC, cheers

Can you check your duplicate movies, are they multi-part movies by chance?
If so, the multi-part identifier needs to be at the end of the filename
ie:

Else, check if there are multiple nfo's with the movies.
If all else fails, post up a screenshot of one of the movies, with all the files for it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - wints - 2014-12-15

Hi mate no multi part movies heres one of the movies that is doubled up

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-16

Hmmm...wonder if mediainfo.data or movie.xml are giving Media Companion the double vision...Will take a look.,

Nope.

Can you make sure you have your Root Movie Folder under the Movie Folder list in Media companion, not the Offline Movie Folder

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - wints - 2014-12-16

ok i'll check that out later when i get home from work and get back too you cheers