Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - wints - 2014-12-16

Yeah all of my folders are in the Root Movie Folder

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Wulfsige - 2014-12-16

@vbat99 is there any chance you can add image resizing to episode screenshot, I would like to keep mine to the standard dimension on thetvdb.com, which is 400 x 225 for 16:9 and 400x300 for 4:3, that way I can share the episode screenshots on thetvdb.com without having to batch resize them Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-16

(2014-12-16, 20:50)wints Wrote: Yeah all of my folders are in the Root Movie Folder

OK, so its not that issue. Can you post up a link to your config.xml file, or PM me the link, and I'll see if it's a setting issue causing the duplicates.

[quote='Wulfsige' pid='1863296' dateline='1418757004']
@vbat99 is there any chance you can add image resizing to episode screenshot, I would like to keep mine to the standard dimension on thetvdb.com, which is 400 x 225 for 16:9 and 400x300 for 4:3, that way I can share the episode screenshots on thetvdb.com without having to batch resize them Smile
Very valid point. I'll add to the To Do list to have the Screenshot save as original or in TVDB sizing.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-17

(2014-12-16, 21:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 21:10)Wulfsige Wrote: @vbat99 is there any chance you can add image resizing to episode screenshot, I would like to keep mine to the standard dimension on thetvdb.com, which is 400 x 225 for 16:9 and 400x300 for 4:3, that way I can share the episode screenshots on thetvdb.com without having to batch resize them Smile
Very valid point. I'll add to the To Do list to have the Screenshot save as original or in TVDB sizing.

This feature will be in next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2014-12-19

Why is MC not adding media tags to my .nfo and conversely why are they not showing up in MC. I'm having to go in afterwards and hit rescrape media tags.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - wints - 2014-12-19

Hi how can i stop MC making movie collection folders? has some times it puts some of the films in but not all that should be and in other cases it does it correctly. Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-19

(2014-12-19, 09:21)clubwerks Wrote: Why is MC not adding media tags to my .nfo and conversely why are they not showing up in MC. I'm having to go in afterwards and hit rescrape media tags.

What are you scraping? Movies or TV. If it's TV and using XBMC TVDB scraper, then yes, I found an issue with this routine not adding media stream details. Fix is in place for the next release.
If Movies or TV not using XBMC TVDB scraper, then check you have the relevant options selected to include stream details when scraping.
TV -> Save Media Tags to episode nfo files.
Movies -> Enable MC to save Media Tags to nfo file.

(2014-12-19, 10:18)wints Wrote: Hi how can i stop MC making movie collection folders? has some times it puts some of the films in but not all that should be and in other cases it does it correctly. Cheers

Change to rename folder option from %N\%T (%Y) to %T (%Y)
%N options is to create the collection as part of the folder name, but, with \, this will create <collection name> as a folder, then <moviename> (<year>) as a subfolder.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - wints - 2014-12-19

Brilliant cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-19, 19:44)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 09:21)clubwerks Wrote: Why is MC not adding media tags to my .nfo and conversely why are they not showing up in MC. I'm having to go in afterwards and hit rescrape media tags.

What are you scraping? Movies or TV. If it's TV and using XBMC TVDB scraper, then yes, I found an issue with this routine not adding media stream details. Fix is in place for the next release.
If Movies or TV not using XBMC TVDB scraper, then check you have the relevant options selected to include stream details when scraping.
TV -> Save Media Tags to episode nfo files.
Movies -> Enable MC to save Media Tags to nfo file.

OK, that worked. I was using XBMC scraper. Turning that off fixed the issue.

Next question. How do I get it to show the best audio track first? Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-20

(2014-12-20, 08:53)clubwerks Wrote: OK, that worked. I was using XBMC scraper. Turning that off fixed the issue.

Next question. How do I get it to show the best audio track first? Thanks!
We don't have a method of selecting which track is best. Only which is the default track.
You could use: mkvpropedit -- Modify properties of existing Matroska™ files to change the default track to your preferred track, but you'd have to do that outside of Media Companion.
(gui for mkvpropedit - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163753 )

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - MANswers - 2014-12-21

Not sure but i am now facing two issues with the new version.
You still cannot change the movie and scrape the information from tmdb, it used to work for few days, but its stopped again.

When the new version was released few days back, and after installing it, my system slowed down, with sever lag.
Norton reported the exe file containing a virus/trojan.

Anyways i had an image copy of my windows with every program installed except media companion, after reflashing the disc the system was back to normal, but again after installing media companion just today from the new version link mentioned by vbat99.. norton reported it as a virus again, but i excluded it from quarntaine and now the same issue has plagued me again, the system has slowed down .

Anyone face this issue?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-21

(2014-12-21, 22:25)MANswers Wrote: Not sure but i am now facing two issues with the new version.
You still cannot change the movie and scrape the information from tmdb, it used to work for few days, but its stopped again.

When the new version was released few days back, and after installing it, my system slowed down, with sever lag.
Norton reported the exe file containing a virus/trojan.

Anyways i had an image copy of my windows with every program installed except media companion, after reflashing the disc the system was back to normal, but again after installing media companion just today from the new version link mentioned by vbat99.. norton reported it as a virus again, but i excluded it from quarntaine and now the same issue has plagued me again, the system has slowed down .

Anyone face this issue?
I have been hounding Norton, McAfee, and Avast to validate the files in Media Companion as Safe, even to the point of giving them links to the code...Still no replies.
The warning is a False Positive.

In Avast it says the file is a "Suspected" virus, which means it's smart scanning to guess if a file is infected is being a Bitch!
I have used VirusTotal to scan all Media Companion files, and there have been no Positive hits. Just the Antivirus being too picky.

OK, as to Change Movie, There is another fix for this already in place for the next release. Hope to have a new release out in the next 24 hrs.

As for system slow-down, sorry, haven't noticed this at all. Running it on three different PC's, Work, Home and a separate PC just for stand-alone testing (ie, no development software, just like average user).

By chance, how much Ram do you have? What sort of size collection of Movies and TV Series/episodes are loaded into Media Companion?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-22

New Release.

Media Companion 3.612b

New
  • Allow Drop Tv Show(s) onto TvTreeview, and onto Separate List of Shows. Note: Doesn't support Tv Root Folders.
    TV - Option to save screenshots in native TVDB sizing. 16:9 = 400x225, 4:3 = 400x300.
Fixed
  • Fanart.Tv - Cleanly catch when Fanart.Tv is offline.
    TV - Fixed possible save of Poster as Banner and vis-versa.
    TV - Refresh Missing Episodes now rewrites the missing ep's nfo's to update all data.
    TV - Improved scan log displayed.
    TV - Removed <br> from show outline during scrape.
    TV - Fixed scraping via XBMC TVDB scraper, was not populating Stream details.
    TV - Fixed Absolute Order and XBMC TVDB may not store Season and Episode numbers in episode's nfo.
    Movie - Fixed 'Change Movie' through TMDB again.
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.612b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Wulfsige - 2014-12-22

Thanks for the update Smile I'm testing out the TV screenshot re-sizing and I'm having no luckSad

I did a fresh install of MC and selected "Save Screenshot in TVDB friendly Size." but it's not re-sizing for me, are there other options I should be setting?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-22

(2014-12-22, 06:55)Wulfsige Wrote: Thanks for the update Smile I'm testing out the TV screenshot re-sizing and I'm having no luckSad

I did a fresh install of MC and selected "Save Screenshot in TVDB friendly Size." but it's not re-sizing for me, are there other options I should be setting?

How are you creating the screenshots?
Just tested with r-click missing thumb preview and selected Create Episode ScreenShot and also from screenshot tab.
MC saved 720p, 16:9 screenshot at 400x225.