Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-18, 03:21)jono25 Wrote: Hi all

I have just spent a very very long time sorting out my movie and TV collection using Media Companion (3.5.1.1) and FileBot, and they've done a tremendous job.

However, when I tell XMBC to search for new content, it's taking ages to process each movie. The TV programmes were done very quickly, e.g. one episode every 1-2 seconds. But it's taking between 30 and 120 seconds per movie. Why is this? It was much faster when I used XBMC's built-in scraper, but the results were not very good.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference but I'm using RaspBMC.

Thanks.

(2012-12-18, 03:31)HueyHq Wrote: I would like to know too!
I got my Raspberry Pi about two weeks ago and as of last night, it was up to 'T'. I expect in another week it will have finished loading.
If anyone can offer a solution, I would love to hear it.

Small brain phart, are you guys scraping your movies with actors?? In MC. And if not, what about the option in XBMC regarding downloading of actors images??

If MC doesn't download actor images with a movie, then XBMC can takes 40sec or longer to add one movie. Otherwise just a blink and its there.

Just a thought.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2012-12-19

Not sure I follow. When scraping posters, use jpg instead of tbn or it already there and I'm missing something?

Where is the option for extra fanart? Can't seem to find it. Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-20

Scraping of poster is currently in tbn (thumbnail) extension, but the code has been put in place, MC will then be able to output files in Frodo format, or Eden/Dharma or both.

As for Exta Fanart, see this link http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=ExtraThumbs&referringTitle=Documentation

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - d3maxt - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-19, 19:21)vbat99 Wrote: This is already possible. Each movie needs to be in its own folder, then you can enable two options.
1. Movies are in individual folders
2. Enable extrafanart.

This will allow up to four extra fanart files to be saved in a extra folder.

Those are for extrathumbs, and arguably one of the most awesome and unique features of MC, which is why I picked it.
I was asking for a folder for the backgrounds, callled Extrafanart (not extrathumbs). If you put a bunch of backdrop fanart in there it will be randomly selected by some skins, such as MQ.

So, for example, on the fanart tab, the fanart that is listed on the left side...if we could right-click on the picture and say "save as extra fanart", and that would automatically create a folder called "extrafanart" and save the file in there, that would be awesome!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - tommymsw - 2012-12-21

Some of my movies (movies I have had for a while) are no longer scraping on XBMC and it just started.So I got this program but when I scan the movies folder, those movies don;t even show up in MC. They are in the exact same folder, same name format, same everything! I even tried deleting the NFO file and it STILL will not scrape in xbmc or even show up in MC so I can't even do it manually! Two examples are Avatar and Apollo 18. I have removed the "movie" source and then re-added it in MC and STILL there are like 20 movies that will not show up. Its crazy!

Edit: Even if I add the path to the exact movie C:/movies/Avatar MC still will not see it. The movie is there, I can play it. And the file name is simply Avatar in a folder labeled Avatar (2009)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-20, 18:10)d3maxt Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 19:21)vbat99 Wrote: This is already possible. Each movie needs to be in its own folder, then you can enable two options.
1. Movies are in individual folders
2. Enable extrafanart.

This will allow up to four extra fanart files to be saved in a extra folder.

Those are for extrathumbs, and arguably one of the most awesome and unique features of MC, which is why I picked it.
I was asking for a folder for the backgrounds, callled Extrafanart (not extrathumbs). If you put a bunch of backdrop fanart in there it will be randomly selected by some skins, such as MQ.

So, for example, on the fanart tab, the fanart that is listed on the left side...if we could right-click on the picture and say "save as extra fanart", and that would automatically create a folder called "extrafanart" and save the file in there, that would be awesome!

Extrathumbs is same as extra fanart. It IS extra fanart. Just MC only allows for 1 original and four extra's. And for that to work, each movie must be in their own folder.
(2012-12-21, 22:17)tommymsw Wrote: Some of my movies (movies I have had for a while) are no longer scraping on XBMC and it just started.So I got this program but when I scan the movies folder, those movies don;t even show up in MC. They are in the exact same folder, same name format, same everything! I even tried deleting the NFO file and it STILL will not scrape in xbmc or even show up in MC so I can't even do it manually! Two examples are Avatar and Apollo 18. I have removed the "movie" source and then re-added it in MC and STILL there are like 20 movies that will not show up. Its crazy!

Edit: Even if I add the path to the exact movie C:/movies/Avatar MC still will not see it. The movie is there, I can play it. And the file name is simply Avatar in a folder labeled Avatar (2009)

Hey Tommymsw, Not sure what the story is with your files.

In MC, 'Folders', just add the main movie folder (Root folder).

Can you tell me how your folder structure under the root folder is layed out? Also, what the full file name is for your movies?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - d3maxt - 2012-12-23

I am probably not explaining it right, heh.

MQ3 can use extrathumbs and extrafanart folders. extrathumbs seems to be used for the 4 little image placeholders in some of the skin's views. extrafanart folder can have a whole bunch of images, more than 4, that show up us the background when you browse and highlight an entry in your library. It looks like currently, MC allows you to set your "fanart" as your background, but only one image.

It would be nice if all the fanart on the left side could be selected and added to the "extrafanart" folder.

Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Flinty72 - 2012-12-23

Just started using this great tool to compliment my library but have discovered a small issue when trying to scrape the TV show "Alias".

The show .nfo file scraps but the individual shows .nfo files do not.
Any ideas on how to fix it please...

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 04:18)d3maxt Wrote: I am probably not explaining it right, heh.

MQ3 can use extrathumbs and extrafanart folders. extrathumbs seems to be used for the 4 little image placeholders in some of the skin's views. extrafanart folder can have a whole bunch of images, more than 4, that show up us the background when you browse and highlight an entry in your library. It looks like currently, MC allows you to set your "fanart" as your background, but only one image.

It would be nice if all the fanart on the left side could be selected and added to the "extrafanart" folder.

OK, think I get it now (thick!). HueyHQ programmed the original extrathumbs into MC. Hopefully he'll have a spare few to answer your questions.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 05:03)Flinty72 Wrote: Just started using this great tool to compliment my library but have discovered a small issue when trying to scrape the TV show "Alias".

Gidday Flinty72.

OK so the tvshow.nfo was scraped for Alias, but no episodes are being scraped.
SO tried to add this myself and had a hell of a time getting MC to scrape the nfo of the TV Show. Finally had to mock one up with the corrected tvdb and imdb id codes, then rescraped the tvshow and all the other data fell into place.

So, after this. created a Season01 and 02 folder, and inside created some episodes in S01E01.avi format. made some more in season 02.
MC Scraped and renamed them correctly.

I would suggest you look at the filename of the episodes. make sure you can clearly see what season and episode the file is. I prefer having SxxExx format to make the filename small and clean.

Hope this help.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2012-12-25

Hi folks,

I'm a new user of media companion, i like this software but there are some bugs and missing fonctions I'd like to implement
I have joined the dev team and i have made some little changes.

- Added graphical Star Ranking on the top of the image.
- Changed the fonts on the main form.
- Changed the buttons on the main tab with classic tabs.
- Correcting bug when you click on an unavailable movie.
- Correcting bug when you click on a movie without actors.

This is my first time on an open source projet, don't blame me if i don't follow the rules..
I want to contact the dev team for questions.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2012-12-25

(2012-12-25, 14:20)jeanbraye Wrote: Hi folks,

I'm a new user of media companion, i like this software but there are some bugs and missing fonctions I'd like to implement
I have joined the dev team and i have made some little changes.

- Added graphical Star Ranking on the top of the image.
- Changed the fonts on the main form.
- Changed the buttons on the main tab with classic tabs.
- Correcting bug when you click on an unavailable movie.
- Correcting bug when you click on a movie without actors.

This is my first time on an open source projet, don't blame me if i don't follow the rules..
I want to contact the dev team for questions.

Are these changes available?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Flinty72 - 2012-12-25

(2012-12-23, 20:23)vbat99 Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 05:03)Flinty72 Wrote: Just started using this great tool to compliment my library but have discovered a small issue when trying to scrape the TV show "Alias".

Gidday Flinty72.

OK so the tvshow.nfo was scraped for Alias, but no episodes are being scraped.
SO tried to add this myself and had a hell of a time getting MC to scrape the nfo of the TV Show. Finally had to mock one up with the corrected tvdb and imdb id codes, then rescraped the tvshow and all the other data fell into place.

So, after this. created a Season01 and 02 folder, and inside created some episodes in S01E01.avi format. made some more in season 02.
MC Scraped and renamed them correctly.

I would suggest you look at the filename of the episodes. make sure you can clearly see what season and episode the file is. I prefer having SxxExx format to make the filename small and clean.

Hope this help.

Thanks vbat99,

I actually found a different solution to this issue after you prompted me to the Alias tvshow.nfo file.
It turns out the 2 parameters below had a "-1" integer rather than "1" so in effect were turned off thus not showing the season or episodes within MC.
<season>-1</season>
<episode>-1</episode>
Once I changed them & refreshed every season & all episodes now appear in MC & the individual episode .nfo files scraped correctly.

Thanks for your assistance. Wink

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2012-12-25

I have published a new release 3.5.1.2

See the release informations above and enjoy ;-)

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/99534

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-25, 23:36)jeanbraye Wrote: I have published a new release 3.5.1.2

See the release informations above and enjoy ;-)

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/99534

Program just crashes on startup.Sad