Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-01

(2015-06-01, 08:27)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-06-01, 07:24)Levi59 Wrote: I downloaded the last version and i would like to know where the displayseason and displayepisode were displayed in MC. Can I edit these two settings directly from MC or not?

Not at this point in time, as this release was pushed out to get the TMDB scraper fixed.
I'll see what can be done in the next release for editing these two tags within Media Companion.

Definitely available in next release for display and editable.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-06-01

Good news !

I up for the country filter. you said earlier that you would add this in future release and i would like to know if it's on the to do list too.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-01

(2015-06-01, 12:53)Levi59 Wrote: Good news !

I up for the country filter. you said earlier that you would add this in future release and i would like to know if it's on the to do list too.

It is on the RoadMap, but no ETA yet...see what can be done for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - mohamedselim - 2015-06-01

Hi about home movies how can i separate them from other movies ? they are mingled with main movies in the home screen and how to add multiple movies in the same folder as home movies (as if it is a home series)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-02

Home movies should be in a separated root folder, not added to movie root folder list.

These will show in Kodi under home collection or home set, can't remember off the top of my head

(2015-06-01, 12:53)Levi59 Wrote: Good news !

Your in luck. @AnotherPhil has added Country Filter for Movies. This will be in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - SKEESiCKS - 2015-06-02

(2015-05-14, 20:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 20:32)Levi59 Wrote: It would be great if we can link tmdb id to a custom set name without overwrite it. You could add an option in the "movie preference/artwork" tab to define if we must use tmdb id or local files. With the parameter of artwork automator, if the movie "Beta" of the set "Alpha" is in a directory Alpha ("Alpha/Beta/Beta.avi") so "Alpha/logo.png", "Alpha/poster.jpg" and "Alpha/fanart.jpg" are the artworks of the set Alpha.

Or a tab "Change movie set" for the custom set. We could, as for the "change movie" tab, navigate through tmdb or fanart.tv to choose which id to use but it must permit to keep custom set or to rename set.

I actually altered the Movie Tool Movie Set ID Check so that it does not overwrite the custom MovieSet name, and will still get the TMDB ID (if it exists). I haven't had the chance to test this yet.
Might PM you a test build later today...

Hi, just signed up for some bug reporting - I have been experimenting with the new movie set functions.
The issue I see is, although custom sets are kept, they are truncated from the movie/nfo and have to be manually re-added in case no fitting TMDB set id is found.
At least this is how it looks and works for me.. could you look into this and fix it, so if during id check no tmdb id for the set is found, the custom one remains acftive?
Also, is there a way to manually add a set id to an existing custom lable? I tried to add the id to moviesetcache.xml, but got inconsistency error.. this could help when there is an existing set e.g. "The Chronicles of Riddick Collection" but your custom label for the same series is e.g. "Riddick Set"

thanks for looking into it.

edit. using version 3.621b

(2015-06-02, 09:01)SKEESiCKS Wrote: Hi, just signed up for some bug reporting - I have been experimenting with the new movie set functions.
The issue I see is, although custom sets are kept, they are truncated from the movie/nfo and have to be manually re-added in case no fitting TMDB set id is found.
At least this is how it looks and works for me.. could you look into this and fix it, so if during id check no tmdb id for the set is found, the custom one remains acftive?
Also, is there a way to manually add a set id to an existing custom lable? I tried to add the id to moviesetcache.xml, but got inconsistency error.. this could help when there is an existing set e.g. "The Chronicles of Riddick Collection" but your custom label for the same series is e.g. "Riddick Set"

Thanks for the Feedback.

I'll look into the truncated custom set name, (loading my live movie folder right now where I have some custom names).

And I'll check what happens if there is no TMDB set id, thought I'd worked around that, but easy enough for me to miss.

As for adding TMDB Id's, I had hoped to add a r-click option on the Movie Sets & Tag's folder, where the user can manually add the ID, and it would save that ID to each movie in that Set - Still to do.
Also wanted to have some sort of r-click option to auto-scrape missing set Fanart/Poster images, also on the Still to do list.

Looking at my collection, I see a customer set name "Resident Evil Set", but it's not cut short.
Is Riddick Set a good example of being truncated? Or could you post up a snippet of the nfo where this has occurred?
ie:
Code:
<alternativetitle>Resident evil: Ölümden sonra</alternativetitle>
    <set>Resident Evil Set</set>
    <setid>17255</setid>
    <sorttitle>4</sorttitle>
    <year>2010</year>

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - SKEESiCKS - 2015-06-02

(2015-06-02, 09:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 09:01)SKEESiCKS Wrote: Hi, just signed up for some bug reporting - I have been experimenting with the new movie set functions.

Thanks for the Feedback.

I'll look into the truncated custom set name, (loading my live movie folder right now where I have some custom names).

And I'll check what happens if there is no TMDB set id, thought I'd worked around that, but easy enough for me to miss.

As for adding TMDB Id's, I had hoped to add a r-click option on the Movie Sets & Tag's folder, where the user can manually add the ID, and it would save that ID to each movie in that Set - Still to do.
Also wanted to have some sort of r-click option to auto-scrape missing set Fanart/Poster images, also on the Still to do list.

Looking at my collection, I see a customer set name "Resident Evil Set", but it's not cut short.
Is Riddick Set a good example of being truncated? Or could you post up a snippet of the nfo where this has occurred?
ie:
Code:
<alternativetitle>Resident evil: Ölümden sonra</alternativetitle>
    <set>Resident Evil Set</set>
    <setid>17255</setid>
    <sorttitle>4</sorttitle>
    <year>2010</year>

I may have described my issue a bit poorly - my example is:
I have created a custom "Cary Grant Collectiion" which includes all movies starring Cary Grant - this set has no TMDB set ID equivalent. When I recheck Set IDs, all movies that where previously tagged as "Cary Grant Collection" go to "None". Same for "Laurel and Hardy Collection", "Woody Allen Collection", "Charlie Brown Collection", etc...
What I meant with "setting custom IDs" I wanted to marry up one of these with something that is fitting e.g. "Charly Brown Collection" with TMDB ID 313611 (not sure, why this isn't recognized by default anyway...
Does this make more sense?

(2015-06-02, 10:18)SKEESiCKS Wrote: I may have described my issue a bit poorly - my example is:
I have created a custom "Cary Grant Collectiion" which includes all movies starring Cary Grant - this set has no TMDB set ID equivalent. When I recheck Set IDs, all movies that where previously tagged as "Cary Grant Collection" go to "None". Same for "Laurel and Hardy Collection", "Woody Allen Collection", "Charlie Brown Collection", etc...
What I meant with "setting custom IDs" I wanted to marry up one of these with something that is fitting e.g. "Charly Brown Collection" with TMDB ID 313611 (not sure, why this isn't recognized by default anyway...
Does this make more sense?

OK, I have something to go on now. Thanks. And I'll see about adding a r-click option. When it's added, you'll be able to r-click the red X under the TMDB Id Column (On the Movie & Tag Sets tab), and manually add a TMDB Set ID. There will be no way of validating this ID number, well not until I can figure something out.

Will let you know how I get on.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-06-02

Hey, Rob. Just wanted to pass on an error I keep getting while trying to use batch rescrape wizard. "Index was outside the boundaries of the array. Continue?" Tried a fresh install and still the same.
When changing profiles the fanart display moves all the way to the left.

Also have a request. Would it be possible to add get alternative title/aka from IMDB when using the TMDB scraper? Thanks.

(2015-06-02, 16:56)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Just wanted to pass on an error I keep getting while trying to use batch rescrape wizard. "Index was outside the boundaries of the array. Continue?" Tried a fresh install and still the same.

Also have a request. Would it be possible to add get alternative title/aka from IMDB when using the TMDB scraper? Thanks.

Movie or TV Batch rescrape Wizard? I couldn't reproduce on Movies, what options to rescrape did you have selected.
Fanart Splitter moving, also, Movie or TV

As for the Alt Titles from IMDB if using TMDB scraper, I'll have to see if this is do-able. Let you know.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-02, 20:21)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 16:56)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Just wanted to pass on an error I keep getting while trying to use batch rescrape wizard. "Index was outside the boundaries of the array. Continue?" Tried a fresh install and still the same.

Movie or TV Batch rescrape Wizard? I couldn't reproduce on Movies, what options to rescrape did you have selected.
Fanart Splitter moving, also, Movie or TV

As for the Alt Titles from IMDB if using TMDB scraper, I'll have to see if this is do-able. Let you know.

Deleted the new profile and created a different one...no problems. Easy fix Smile Go figure!
The batch rescrape problem is in movies. I get the dialogue asking if I want to continue so no rescrape options are selected yet.
Thanks for looking into the scraper thing.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-03, 15:17)bobrap Wrote: Deleted the new profile and created a different one...no problems. Easy fix Smile Go figure!
The batch rescrape problem is in movies. I get the dialogue asking if I want to continue so no rescrape options are selected yet.
Thanks for looking into the scraper thing.

so was a issue with one profile? And all you did was select the Movie Batch Rescrape Wizard, and before an options were selected you get hit with that error message?

Gonna be hard to reproduce.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-06-03

The profile thing went away real quick. Anything you want me to try to get rid of the message? Or files to upload?