Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-03

I'll have got look at the come first, get back to you

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-06-04

Well, it seems the problem was mine. I restored my drive to an earlier image and had no problems. Restored back to latest image and the problem is gone. Some windows updates were also installed. Sorry for the bother.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-04

(2015-06-04, 00:53)bobrap Wrote: Well, it seems the problem was mine. I restored my drive to an earlier image and had no problems. Restored back to latest image and the problem is gone. Some windows updates were also installed. Sorry for the bother.

Phew, cause there was only one things that might have caused this issue, but it's been in place for the last 20 odd releases.

Glad you got it sorted.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-06-04

Yea, me too. Again, sorry about the bother.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-04

(2015-06-04, 03:51)bobrap Wrote: Yea, me too. Again, sorry about the bother.

It's no bother at all. Most I'm trying to achieve is a program that works, with least hassle to the user.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - mohamedselim - 2015-06-05

Hi great app
Suggestion for future versions:
when adding home videos if their is (option) to add them as tv series so they are not mingled with main screen home movies so the name of the folder will be the name of the series and the inside videos will be the episodes so we could choose to add home videos as movies or as tv series
Thanks alot

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-05

Not at this time. Though it will probably be covered as custom tv show, when that feature is added.

But not at this time.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-06-05

I don't understand how to get artwork for Movie Sets. I do it manually.

Two methods
1. If you have movies in set folders, ie: Die Hard collection, then in separate sub folders, ie: Die Hard Collection\Die Harder, you can set media companion to save the set art into the set folder.

Else you can set media companion to save all set art to a common set folder, ie: moviesetart

In media companion, you can set mc to autoscrape the movieset art, but the movies must either be in folders already, of auto rename folders enabled.
If not already i folders, or you dont want to use sub folders, then set the artwork to save to a common folder.

If your still having issues, please layout the steps and settings you are using.

One other thing, you'll need to run the Movie Set ID Check, under the movie menu, to load the tmdb set id into your nfo, else mc wont be able to get the artwork

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-06-08

Thanks for the assistance Smile

I've started using Media Companion and it's doing a better job than MediaElch, in terms of getting the movie sets artworks, and more accuracy with multiple scrapings.

The scraping is slow for me, but I guess if you want quality it takes time.

Sometimes I get an error from fanart.tv. Only some of the artworks are downloaded.

The XBMC Link doesn't work for me. More accurately, I get all green stickies, but when I sync to Isengard, the posters doesn't update. I closed and reopened Isengard, but it remained. The delete images doesn't work.

Downloading of logo for movie sets should be considered for the autoscrape.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-08, 06:17)marhutchy Wrote: Thanks for the assistance Smile

I've started using Media Companion and it's doing a better job than MediaElch, in terms of getting the movie sets artworks, and more accuracy with multiple scrapings.

Sometimes I get an error from fanart.tv. Only some of the artworks are downloaded.

The XBMC Link doesn't work for me. More accurately, I get all green stickies, but when I sync to Isengard, the posters doesn't update. I closed and reopened Isengard, but it remained. The delete images doesn't work.

Glad your enjoying Media Companion. Slowness is the downloading of HiRes images, this seems to be the slow point I get, Although if you are scraping from IMDB, then this can also slow down movie scraping.

As for XBMC Link, um, this isn't my area of expertise. I know with JSon improvements, MC should be updated, but I'm still green to this area of the code. Sorry. And it is known that delete of images isn't working. I might ask one of the other dev's to go over this code.

And not sure about logo for Movie Sets. I don't know of any Kodi scraper that looks for this type of file. If you do, or know where to find the info, please post up links.
MC currently Auto-scrapes the Poster and Fanart from theMovieDb, with the option of the user to get artwork from Fanart.Tv through this tab in Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-06-08

(2015-06-08, 06:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 06:17)marhutchy Wrote: Thanks for the assistance Smile

Glad your enjoying Media Companion. Slowness is the downloading of HiRes images, this seems to be the slow point I get, Although if you are scraping from IMDB, then this can also slow down movie scraping.

As for XBMC Link, um, this isn't my area of expertise. I know with JSon improvements, MC should be updated, but I'm still green to this area of the code. Sorry. And it is known that delete of images isn't working. I might ask one of the other dev's to go over this code.

And not sure about logo for Movie Sets. I don't know of any Kodi scraper that looks for this type of file. If you do, or know where to find the info, please post up links.
MC currently Auto-scrapes the Poster and Fanart from theMovieDb, with the option of the user to get artwork from Fanart.Tv through this tab in Media Companion.

Smile

I see.
I do scrape with IMDB. I find that IMDB's ratings are preferable.

About the logo part, it isn't a biggie, I mean I could always get them manually. Said logos are available at fanart.tv.

Also, about the error that I mentioned, disregard it. My connection was the problem; it kept dropping.

I love this. We, as a user have more control of what we want.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-09

(2015-06-08, 16:04)marhutchy Wrote: Smile

I see.
I do scrape with IMDB. I find that IMDB's ratings are preferable.

About the logo part, it isn't a biggie, I mean I could always get them manually. Said logos are available at fanart.tv.

Also, about the error that I mentioned, disregard it. My connection was the problem; it kept dropping.

I love this. We, as a user have more control of what we want.

I switched from IMDB, to TMDB scraper, and use the option to get IMDB Ratings, Stars, etc, basically everything in the Scrape these options from IMDB box.

And I am curious what/how you would get the Set's Logo into XBMC/Kodi?

As for the error, darn it. Not sorry that it's working for you, just would have been nice to catch the error cleanly in Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Enlightened - 2015-06-09

I am always getting an error for running out of memory. Is there a 64bit version?