Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-06-24

As you can see, there is 3 movies with United-Kingdom but if i select this entry, the movie list is empty and i can't edit them. it work for others like Suède thought.It may be because i modified some of the movies with english country name...

I have one exemple of movie with a matching filter but an empty list :
if i choose cyprus :

Edit :
Problem seem to only append when the country is not at first position...
If i modify nfo from :
Code:
<country>Country One</country>
<country>Country two</country>
<country>Country three</country>
to
Code:
<country>Country three</country>
<country>Country two</country>
<country>Country One</country>

The movie with Country one will not be displayed in the second case.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-24

Could you check the nfo for these two movies, and see if each country is in it's own tag.
ie:
Code:
<country>Spain</country>
<country>France</country>
<country>USA</country>

If it's like this
Code:
<country>Spain, France, USA</country>
Then you may need to batch rescrape the movies, selecting to rescrape countries.

It's all I can think of for now. Else, have you tried a clean install of Media Companion, adding in some movies and checking?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-06-24

See my previous post

Thank you. Now I've been able to reproduce this.
Seems only first country of many is able to be selected.
Even selecting the second country, no film is displayed.

@Levi59

Found the culprit and have fixed for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - SKEESiCKS - 2015-06-27

stupid question.. it appears Media Companion scrapes "Stars" so starring actors.. However, it appears that it is neither written to the nfo nor any tag that kodi can understand!?
Is that a correct assumption? Has anyone a creative idea for creating a smart playlist based on starring actor other than with tags?

edit: is there a possibility to have a general filter for "missing tagline"?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-06-27

(2015-06-27, 14:17)SKEESiCKS Wrote: stupid question.. it appears Media Companion scrapes "Stars" so starring actors.. However, it appears that it is neither written to the nfo nor any tag that kodi can understand!?
Is that a correct assumption? Has anyone a creative idea for creating a smart playlist based on starring actor other than with tags?

Stars is written to nfo for me. Selecting actor instead of starring actor won't work?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-27

(2015-06-27, 14:17)SKEESiCKS Wrote: stupid question.. it appears Media Companion scrapes "Stars" so starring actors.. However, it appears that it is neither written to the nfo nor any tag that kodi can understand!?

(2015-06-27, 16:35)bobrap Wrote: Stars is written to nfo for me. Selecting actor instead of starring actor won't work?

I didn't know that was done for @bobrap, but yes, this is only an internal Media Companion tag, saved to a movie's nfo in the <stars></stars> tag.
In Kodi, this tag is ignored.

Kodi does store the actor's information which includes the actor's order number, ie: the order of appearance within the cast listing. I do not know of anyway to create a smart playlist depending on the actor's order, to pull out the starring actors (eg: first three actors).

As for a general filter for missing tagline, I'll see what can be done for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - SKEESiCKS - 2015-06-28

Stars is written to nfo for me. Selecting actor instead of starring actor won't work?
[/quote]

Thanks Bobrap, you are right, I must have checked an older nfo, probably some bug in the past.. stars is indeed written to the nfo.
Yes, selecting actor obviously works, but I was trying to get a playlist really where actors are the main star, not every movie where Harrison Ford may have played as the chair in a C-movie, if you know what I mean.

let's hope, that at some point kodi will import the "stars" tag, because I really don't want to create "sets" for this, goes for me against the principles of what a set truly is.. I will work with tags for now, although it is really cumbersome..

could you guys do me another favor and do a "global" search in Kodi for some of the popular actors? e.g. Harrison Ford, Eddie Murphy for me does not yield any results although I have several movies with him, that are properly scraped..If I go to the cast info, he is there, if I look in mysql database he is there, if I create a smart playlist with "Actor IS Harrison Ford" the movies show up, but global search remains empty... Is that skin related or am i missing somethign in general?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - SKEESiCKS - 2015-06-28

(2015-06-27, 21:46)vbat99 Wrote: I didn't know that was done for @bobrap, but yes, this is only an internal Media Companion tag, saved to a movie's nfo in the <stars></stars> tag.
In Kodi, this tag is ignored.

Kodi does store the actor's information which includes the actor's order number, ie: the order of appearance within the cast listing. I do not know of anyway to create a smart playlist depending on the actor's order, to pull out the starring actors (eg: first three actors).

As for a general filter for missing tagline, I'll see what can be done for the next release.

Thanks for the clarification and feedback - I will have to deal with my starring actors grouping in a different way until kodi implements your very useful STARS tag.
Appreciate you looking at the missing tagline thing.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - RonnieG3 - 2015-06-29

Not sure if this has been posted yet. When scraping a show and a Season Poster cannot be found (Falling Skies Season 5 in this case), the following error is thrown:

Quote:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'G:\TV\Falling Skies\season05-poster.jpg'.
File name: 'G:\TV\Falling Skies\season05-poster.jpg'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at Media_Companion.Utilities.SafeCopyFile(String srcFile, String destFile, Boolean overwrite)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)

Episode is scraped and thumbnail downloaded/created, but the show isn't updated in the list. If I manually create a poster, there is no error.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-29

(2015-06-29, 05:35)RonnieG3 Wrote: Not sure if this has been posted yet. When scraping a show and a Season Poster cannot be found (Falling Skies Season 5 in this case), the following error is thrown:

Quote:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'G:\TV\Falling Skies\season05-poster.jpg'.
File name: 'G:\TV\Falling Skies\season05-poster.jpg'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at Media_Companion.Utilities.SafeCopyFile(String srcFile, String destFile, Boolean overwrite)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)

Episode is scraped and thumbnail downloaded/created, but the show isn't updated in the list. If I manually create a poster, there is no error.

Apologies. This has been fixed, but I have not had a chance to get a new release out yet. I really hope to get one out in the next couple of days.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - RonnieG3 - 2015-06-29

No worries. Just wanted to make sure you were aware.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - lionking15 - 2015-07-02

Hi

I am trying to open Media Companion, but keep coming up with this error " An error occured crating the form. See Exception.InnerExceptionfor details. The error is Font 'MS Reference Sans Serif' does not support style 'Regular'. Continue ? "

When i click yes, nothing happens, and the program does not open.

Please help

Thank you

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-07-02

(2015-07-02, 14:23)lionking15 Wrote: Hi

I am trying to open Media Companion, but keep coming up with this error " An error occured crating the form. See Exception.InnerExceptionfor details. The error is Font 'MS Reference Sans Serif' does not support style 'Regular'. Continue ? "

When i click yes, nothing happens, and the program does not open.

Please help

Thank you

Please check this work item on Media Companion site for the fix. Work Item #1328